Should we legalize marijuana?

Yes, marijuana should be DECRIMINALIZED.

They won't be able to control it, though, or tax it.

Why?

Because it's A WEED for god's sakes.

Anybody can grow it damned near anywhere on the millions square miles of land in this nation.

You might as well try to impose a tax on sunshine and rain.

Last edited:
Yes.

When something is as highly demanded as pot and is illegal, all society does is give organized criminal gangs a lucrative stream of income.

AND, I note, further screw up our balance of trade in the process.

Most merch (commercial) hemp is grown overseas and imported by narco-mafia and distributed by local gangs of thugs.

Not only does this give money to organized crime, and screw up our nation and the nations where it's being grown, but it ALSO sends billions (trillions?) off shore that might better be spend by local dealers and growers here.

Everything about the war on hemp is wrong, wrong, wrong!

Everything.

If they decriminalized hemp entirely, no taxation no controls:

1. The street price of hemp wouldn't be $5 a pound; and

2. FEWER people would smoke it.

Pretty much! On the special I watched a large amount of the marijuana is coming from big time operations that are out of mexico and columbia but have people growing it here.
I am happy to say living in Washington, we mostly get home grown pot and it is usually small time compared to those guys and it usually is some middle aged white guy running the show!

Most of the pot around here comes from Canada but the small time indoor operations are around too (and produce very high quality dank). I haven't even heard of any of dirt weed being around in a LONG time. It's like one year in the late 90's it just disappeared.

I think it would be fun to grow a plant or two if they legalized it.
Yeah it would be!
We get a lot of BC bud here but it isn't as good as the stuff grown locally, the Olympia area in Washington probably has the best pot I ever had also.
My worry also would be get dirt weed all the time if they legalize it, mass production would kill marijuana!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

did it do that to beer or wine?

If you legalize it the production will soar. There will be so many kinds it will be just like wine.

It will take the crime right out of it, increase jobs all arround the economy and spur linked businesses like smoke bars, pot bakeries, Tea houses and the like.

Save your seeds dude for a grow your own garden if you are that worried.

Why?

Anybody can grow it damned near anywhere on the millions square miles of land in this nation.

And anyone can grow their own grapes and make wine, gow hops and make beer.

They dont and why?

Convenience.

It will be too easy to just go down and buy a brownie, joint, bottled drink or whatever your prefered delivery system is.

Most of the pot around here comes from Canada but the small time indoor operations are around too (and produce very high quality dank). I haven't even heard of any of dirt weed being around in a LONG time. It's like one year in the late 90's it just disappeared.

I think it would be fun to grow a plant or two if they legalized it.
Yeah it would be!
We get a lot of BC bud here but it isn't as good as the stuff grown locally, the Olympia area in Washington probably has the best pot I ever had also.
My worry also would be get dirt weed all the time if they legalize it, mass production would kill marijuana!

lol ... the BCs yep! They ship that stuff there too then, huh? Your market sounds a lot like mine.

And I wouldn't worry about being limited to dirt weed. There will be a market for a quality product.
I live about two hours away from BC, so just say we get a lot!

The next gateway drug would be? Whatever it turned out to be would then be up for debate to be legalised.
Then that would be dealt with. Prohibition let the mafia flourish, now it's drugs.

They had drugs then as well.It is a problem that will never go away but it has to be policed or you will end up with druggies rolling around on every street corner.I have seen first hand what drugs do to families.
you do realize more people are addicted to prescription pills then coccaine,meth, heroine combined!
And marijuana a hard drug, yeah right! It was more dangerous to text message while driving than it is to be stoned while driving!
And as someone who used to do coccaine I would say alchohol was much more of a gateway drug then marijuana!

Why?

And anyone can grow their own grapes and make wine, gow hops and make beer.

They dont and why?

Convenience.

It will be too easy to just go down and buy a brownie, joint, bottled drink or whatever your prefered delivery system is.
you are probably right plus if you eat something like brownies, marijuana becomes less harmful to you!

Non Violent? Hard drugs are hardly non violent. Crime is used to get that next fix. Including muggings, murder and armed robbery.

Muggings, murder, and armed robbery are violent crimes that should be dealt with. Smoking a joint in the privacy of your own home bothers nobody else and should not be a crime.

Non Violent? Hard drugs are hardly non violent. Crime is used to get that next fix. Including muggings, murder and armed robbery.

Muggings, murder, and armed robbery are violent crimes that should be dealt with. Smoking a joint in the privacy of your own home bothers nobody else and should not be a crime.

It might bother those that share your home, by the way, which other drugs would you decriminalise?

Then that would be dealt with. Prohibition let the mafia flourish, now it's drugs.

They had drugs then as well.It is a problem that will never go away but it has to be policed or you will end up with druggies rolling around on every street corner.I have seen first hand what drugs do to families.
you do realize more people are addicted to prescription pills then coccaine,meth, heroine combined!
And marijuana a hard drug, yeah right! It was more dangerous to text message while driving than it is to be stoned while driving!
And as someone who used to do coccaine I would say alchohol was much more of a gateway drug then marijuana!

:lol:

It might bother those that share your home, by the way, which other drugs would you decriminalise?

If it bothers other people in your household then that's a private matter between you and your family. I would decriminalize all drugs. The government should not have the authority to regulate what a person does to their own bodies.

If it bothers other people in your household then that's a private matter between you and your family. I would decriminalize all drugs. The government should not have the authority to regulate what a person does to their own bodies.

As I thought.

:lol:
Giving the fact I drank alcohol long before I ever smoked pot which was the case for all my friends which led me also to start smoking cigarettes. And when you smoke pot the last thing you really want to do is other drugs.I would say alcohol is much more of a gateway drug then marijuana

"Alcohol withdrawal differs significantly from most other drugs because it can be directly fatal. Drugs which have a similar mechanism of action to alcohol also have a similar risk of causing death during withdrawal, including barbiturate and benzodiazepine withdrawal. For example it is extremely rare for heroin or cocaine withdrawal to be fatal. When people die from heroin or cocaine withdrawal they typically have serious underlying health problems which are made worse by the strain of acute withdrawal. An alcoholic however, who has no serious health issues has a significant risk of dying from the direct effects of withdrawal if it is not properly managed."
Alcoholism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"The National Center on Addiction and Substance Abuse at Columbia University reports that over 15 million people within the U.S. abuse prescription drugs. If this figure is correct, more people are addicted to prescription drugs than heroin, meth, and cocaine combined. "

Prescription Pain Medication and Addiction - LoveToKnow Recovery

The only drug I would make legal is marijuana! but if you did legalize other drugs it would cut down on overdoses and dealers cutting it with something they shouldn't, along with cutting down on the criminal part of the drug.
I would for sure also have to say oxycotin is the gateway drug to heroine, people who become addicted to oxy's soon realize heroine is much cheaper!

The only drug I would make legal is marijuana! but if you did legalize other drugs it would cut down on overdoses and dealers cutting it with something they shouldn't, along with cutting down on the criminal part of the drug.
I would for sure also have to say oxycotin is the gateway drug to heroine, people who become addicted to oxy's soon realize heroine is much cheaper!

Smoking crack or shooting heroin falls in line with smoking marijuana, except that they're more harmful. You're only hurting yourself by doing drugs, but it's your right to do whatever you want to your own body.

Smoking crack or shooting heroin falls in line with smoking marijuana, except that they're more harmful. You're only hurting yourself by doing drugs, but it's your right to do whatever you want to your own body.
if you don't smoke pot it isn't really harmful at all except killing brain cells. Never smoked crack but I did coccaine for a few years in my early twenties and I can tell you it was 20 times more harmful to me then smoking pot ever was. Now alchohol has been the most damaging out of anything!

It makes me wonder why some people hate gun control so much yet think legalizing pot is insane.

They always say that you could go high driving and yet if a guy goes on a rampage with a gun, blame the guy not the gun.

I think that same logic should apply to weed, not only that but we can keep it out of the hands of minors easier.
(a drug dealers who is breaking the law regardless of age of customer vs. a convenience store that checks ID)

Legalize it. or at least decriminalize it. Jails are crowded enough without putting people in for something as stupid as smoking a joint.

I disagree. They aren't even in the same league, IMO. They are exponentially more powerful than marijuana and extremely addictive. Crack and herion withdrawal is a nasty thing.

Ever hear of a functioning crackhead or junkie?

Forum List

Back