Should we have intervened militarily to keep Mubarak in power?

No. We should not have intervened militarily. We just shouldnt have undermined Mubarak and allowed them to work out their own destiny. We also should not be encouraging the Muslim brotherhood to political power in Egypt. We've essentially handed the state over the Islamic Fundamentalists.

So if Obama had stayed completely silent on the Egypt issue, Mubarak could have crushed the democratic uprising in his country and stayed in power?

Shut the fuck up, you lying sack of shit.

Obamination picked the side of the mob instead of playing mediator to work out a deal.

The military of Egypt was trained by the US military that you hate and they behaved themselves not harming the crowd. The protestors would have been wiped out like in Syria if they were Soviet trained military like in Syria.

No. We should not have intervened militarily. We just shouldnt have undermined Mubarak and allowed them to work out their own destiny. We also should not be encouraging the Muslim brotherhood to political power in Egypt. We've essentially handed the state over the Islamic Fundamentalists.

So if Obama had stayed completely silent on the Egypt issue, Mubarak could have crushed the democratic uprising in his country and stayed in power?

dear neocon batshit crazy war mongers.

This American country will NOT fight your religious war you so want to foment.

go to the hell of your choice

Well, let's compare and contrast the Romney position at the time:

Feb 1, 2011:

Romney: Mubarak Should Go

"Former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney and Minnesota Gov. Tim Pawlenty have broken ranks with some other likely Republican presidential candidates on Egypt, calling for President Hosni Mubarak to step down.

Romney praised President Barack Obama’s handling of the crisis. "I think what the United States has to do is make it very clear to the people of Egypt that we stand with the voices of democracy and freedom, and we also have to communicate I think, as the administration has," he said on ABC's "Good Morning America.""

Romney: Mubarak Should Go

I haven't heard many Romney supporters remind us that Obama's and Romney's positions were the SAME on Egypt.

:lol:

False dichotemy. You remain publically silent, while working behind the scenes to ensure that the nation didnt become a fundamentalist regime.

We hear again and again that the President messed up with Egypt by letting Mubarak fall. For those who believe that,

what was the correct course of action, in your view?

I feel that we should have left Mubarak is office .. He was at least keeping some peace in the middle East for how many years. Christians were not being killed like they are now in Egypt .. Libya I do believe that Qaddafi should have been ousted but I hate the fact that the muslim brotherhood took charge. They are not good people. They hate us just as much as Qaddafi

Neither Nixon or Ford would prop up a guy who could not prop himself up after 30 years of support. The Shah proved that.

We hear again and again that the President messed up with Egypt by letting Mubarak fall. For those who believe that,

what was the correct course of action, in your view?

Forum List

Back