Should we have a State Religion ?

On the contrary, it is.

What do you think CAPITALISM really is?

How many times have you read people expressing contempt for the less fortunate than themselves on this board?

Many of those greed is good types also try to tell us they are Christians.

They are, whether they understand it or not, worshipping materialism, which is the basic underlying principle and religious tenent of Mammonism.

Oh they may think they're Chiristians, but they are Mammon worshipping Golden Calf heathens who reject the basic premise of the Christian faith every time they tell us

I GOT MINE, GET YOURS

so is it the capitalism you have a problem not the imposing of a state religion?

I addressed the question of whether or not we had a state religion.

We do, we just pretend that it is something other than a religion.

It is the religion of materialism.

Our entire society is based on the premises of capitalism which catagorically REJECTS all faith based thinking.

You now display for all your abject IGNORANCE. Faith based thinking is the NORM in this Country and it is what lead to the forming of this Country. Religion is not incompatible with capitalism. You are just to stupid for words.

We have one.

We worship Mammon.

If we were being honest with ourselves we'd chance our national symbol from the American Bald Eagle to the

I suppose many do...

But that is still not an official state religion

On the contrary, it is.

What do you think CAPITALISM really is?

How many times have you read people expressing contempt for the less fortunate than themselves on this board?

Many of those greed is good types also try to tell us they are Christians.

They are, whether they understand it or not, worshipping materialism, which is the basic underlying principle and religious tenent of Mammonism.

Oh they may think they're Chiristians, but they are Mammon worshipping Golden Calf heathens who reject the basic premise of the Christian faith every time they tell us

I GOT MINE, GET YOURS

Incidently, some of those greed is good types also claim to be Jews or Moslems, too.

They are ALSO are heretics to their professed religions.

All three of those religions deny the supremacy of the individual and hold that men are social creatures whose duty is to their fellow believers and to their GOD.

None of the religious worship wealth and imagine that the weathy are blessed by GOD.

Techy, this is both the most biased and ill-informed post that you have allowed yourself to post.

Just to point you in the right direction, do you know how much the American people gave to charity in the last year..?

A thousand dollars for every man, woman and child in the country...

doesn't sound like "Mammon worshipping Golden Calf" to me.

Cite for us those on this board that have said it would be a good idea.

No has said that any have....

This is just a discussion on why state religion is bad or if one feels why it would be good

Most of us would say it would be good if it were our own religion...

bad if it were anyone else's.

That's why it's unconstitutional.

Any questions?

Cite for us those on this board that have said it would be a good idea.

No has said that any have....

This is just a discussion on why state religion is bad or if one feels why it would be good

Most of us would say it would be good if it were our own religion...

bad if it were anyone else's.

That's why it's unconstitutional.

Any questions?

Any true christian understands that only God"s Kingdom is the true Government. And only he and Jesus can make it come about. Man's Government is corrupt, so would be any Government run by any organized religion. But as a matter of Course the Christian religion is opposed to a Religious Government.

We are stuck with man's government until Jesus returns and as such some Christians believe that you should have no dealings with said Government except as required by law while others believe if good men do nothing then only evil will run the Governments of the world.

so is it the capitalism you have a problem not the imposing of a state religion?

I addressed the question of whether or not we had a state religion.

We do, we just pretend that it is something other than a religion.

It is the religion of materialism.

Our entire society is based on the premises of capitalism which catagorically REJECTS all faith based thinking.

Actually you answered a different question

There was really two

The question was Should we have a State Religion (not DO)

and

I am just wondering why others feel it is bad or for that matter, good.

Fine that you think capitalism is the state religion
Should we or not and why?

No you're close but you're still missing my central point.

Capitalism is NOT necessarily materialism.

It usually ends up that way, of course, but then too so do most societies regardless of their economies.

The former Soviet Union was ALSO materialistic, they just rewarded a different elite class at the expense of society.

Nation states leaderships tend to be pragmatic materialists feathering their own nests regardless of what rhetoric they're using to dupe their populations.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back