Should we expect immigrants to learn "OUR" language?

This question is quite difficult, but I'm curious about a broader perspective on the issue. What our Government is doing for provide them with possibility to learn English for free? Do immigrants have a right to expect all services and their children's education to be provided in their native language?
How many money should we spend for achieving this goal?
You mean Great Britain's language.

English is also the established de facto national language of this country. Don't like it leave!
Doesn't make it American. Makes it borrowed fool. Why don't you leave. Your kind damages what we've worked hard to create.

We were a new country with immigrants that spoke several different languages. We established English out of all of those languages as our national de facto one. What were we supposed to do.....invent a new one? No, it is your type that wants to divide and damage our country into a bunch of babbling people who can't understand each other and to retain the languages and cultures of the country's they left behind. That doesn't make for a cohesive society.
White people established English. People from other cultures and countries have always spoken their own language. If you dont like that...too bad.

This question is quite difficult, but I'm curious about a broader perspective on the issue. What our Government is doing for provide them with possibility to learn English for free? Do immigrants have a right to expect all services and their children's education to be provided in their native language?

Yes.

English is also the established de facto national language of this country. Don't like it leave!
Doesn't make it American. Makes it borrowed fool. Why don't you leave. Your kind damages what we've worked hard to create.

We were a new country with immigrants that spoke several different languages. We established English out of all of those languages as our national de facto one. What were we supposed to do.....invent a new one? No, it is your type that wants to divide and damage our country into a bunch of babbling people who can't understand each other and to retain the languages and cultures of the country's they left behind. That doesn't make for a cohesive society.
White people established English. People from other cultures and countries have always spoken their own language. If you dont like that...too bad.

Yes, and Asians and Hispanics, etc. who are the majority in their own countries established their own languages there also. So what's the problem? Why do you bring race into the issue anyway other then you apparently hate white people. . I don't care what language one speaks in the privacy of their own home but we are an English speaking country like it or not and if you don't want to adapt to that then go back to your homeland. If I were to live in Mexico for example I would learn and speak Spanish out of respect for the Mexican people. Such arrogance not to!

Operation Wetback How Eisenhower solved illegal border crossings from Mexico Political Vel Craft

Theodore Roosevelt’s ideas on Immigrants and being an AMERICAN in 1907.

‘In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin.

But this is predicated upon the person’s becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American….There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn’t an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag… We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language.. And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people.’

President Theodore Roosevelt 1907

76VVNDm.png
So because some white guy said something thats supposed to make me change my mind? :laugh:

Some white guy? WTH does his race have to do with it? He wasn't just some white guy anyway he was president of the U.S. and his points were very valid.
No his points werent valid. You just happen to agree.

Yes, they were. You just happen to disagree. Why move here if you aren't going to assimilate into our society and hold loyalties to another country? Surely, you're not that dense.
No they werent valid. I didnt move here. I was born here. Why would I be loyal to white people?

Loyal to white people? WTH does that mean? I said one shouldn't hold loyalties to another country. Are you too stupid to realize that this country isn't just made up of the white race? Again, your hatred for white people comes shining through. Are you proud to be a racist? If you were born here you are an American but you don't want to be a part of our culture or speak English? And yes, English is our de facto national language. Apparently you are also too dumb to know the difference between "established official" and de facto. All of our government documents and our Constitution are in English. The majority of Americans use English as their primary language of usage. Boy, you really are the dense one and in deep denial to boot, aren't you? Your racism and hatred has apparently blinded you to the facts of your own country.

The hilarious part for the hypocrite in here is that Mexicans in Mexico adopted the white man's language of Spanish. You know one of those white European countries, and they are proud to speak it. LOL! Yet they demonize Americans for adopting and speaking English? What a dope!

Doesn't make it American. Makes it borrowed fool. ...

No, it doesn't.

. I don't care what language one speaks in the privacy of their own home ...!

If people speak whatever language they want on the public sidewalk right outside your house, it's still none of your fucking business.

Yes, and Asians and Hispanics, etc. who are the majority in their own countries established their own languages there also. So what's the problem? Why do you bring race into the issue anyway other then you apparently hate white people. . I don't care what language one speaks in the privacy of their own home but we are an English speaking country like it or not and if you don't want to adapt to that then go back to your homeland. If I were to live in Mexico for example I would learn and speak Spanish out of respect for the Mexican people. Such arrogance not to!
I dont get your point. So what? If I went to another country I would learn the language as well. However, I dont think people should do what I do just because thats what I choose to do. If you dont like that make me move back to my homeland.

So because some white guy said something thats supposed to make me change my mind? :laugh:

Some white guy? WTH does his race have to do with it? He wasn't just some white guy anyway he was president of the U.S. and his points were very valid.

Yes, they were. You just happen to disagree. Why move here if you aren't going to assimilate into our society and hold loyalties to another country? Surely, you're not that dense.
No they werent valid. I didnt move here. I was born here. Why would I be loyal to white people?

Loyal to white people? WTH does that mean? I said one shouldn't hold loyalties to another country. Are you too stupid to realize that this country isn't just made up of the white race? Again, your hatred for white people comes shining through. Are you proud to be a racist? If you were born here you are an American but you don't want to be a part of our culture or speak English? And yes, English is our de facto national language. Apparently you are also too dumb to know the difference between "established official" and de facto. All of our government documents and our Constitution are in English. The majority of Americans use English as their primary language of usage. Boy, you really are the dense one and in deep denial to boot, aren't you? Your racism and hatred has apparently blinded you to the facts of your own country.
Speaking another language is not loyalty to another country you fucking idiot. There is no "de facto" language or you dont know what the term means moron.

Speaking another language is not loyalty to another country you fucking idiot. There is no "de facto" language or you dont know what the term means moron.

I never said that speaking another language was being disloyal to our country, potty mouth. However, immigrants should learn our national de facto language of English. If you don't believe that it is then just google it. You are probably confusing it with "official" language and I never said it was. Our Constitution is in English. It is the most common language spoke by the majority. Most of our business is conducted in English. The list goes on and on. Remain in denial if you wish. I have no more desire to debate with an uncivil. anti-American, foul mouthed, adolescent such as yourself. Can't debate like any adult? How sad! Bye, and welcome to my ignore list.

New Topics

Forum List

Back