Should we be on the Hook for Failed Liberal Cities and States?

Should the Federal Government bail out Failed Municipalities?

• Total voters
So, does the same go for drought stricken states? Since the states did not have enough in their "rainy day" funds (no pun intended) to cover the losses, should the Federal government be off the hook? Boehner doesn't seem to think so?

Hell yes it does. If farmers (more likely farming corporations) failed to buy crop insurance, that is NOT the fault of citizens in other states.

A lack of proper planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.

Besides, we've dealt with drought stricken states in the past, where 'we the people' proved far more effective in helping than the central planners.

Fair enough. In the case of the floods in TN last year, should FEMA has stepped in? How about New Orleans? In each case, those locales should have planned better, right?

Again, if you're a property owner, buy flood insurance. Besides, wasn't FEMA's lack of response in New Orleans one of the reasons the Left so hated Bush? How'd that reliance on central planners work out there?

Fair enough. In the case of the floods in TN last year, should FEMA has stepped in? How about New Orleans? In each case, those locales should have planned better, right?

Absolutely!

More of the "I got mine. Screw you" mentality. Thank you for sharing.

Funny how those conservative disaster areas pull together in a time or hardship while liberal areas eat each other alive. I fear for the state that can't take care of itself without government assistance. How well has FEMA worked in the past?

Last edited:
Hell yes it does. If farmers (more likely farming corporations) failed to buy crop insurance, that is NOT the fault of citizens in other states.

A lack of proper planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.

Besides, we've dealt with drought stricken states in the past, where 'we the people' proved far more effective in helping than the central planners.

Again, if you're a property owner, buy flood insurance. Besides, wasn't FEMA's lack of response in New Orleans one of the reasons the Left so hated Bush? How'd that reliance on central planners work out there?

No fair...Bush was at the helm. He didn't have a real good strategery....

This country would be nothing more than a third-world shit hole without the Liberal states and cities.

This country would be nothing more than a third-world shit hole without the Liberal states and cities.

The cities are only liberal because of the masses who flock to them for jobs and then expect the state to take care of their every need. Infact, many cities are so expensive to live in (thanks to liberal policies) that the middle class republicans who work in the cities live in the suburbs while the liberals live off of subsidized housing in the inner city. DC, Chicago, NY, Detroit etc. And when those liberal unionized city workers retire where do they go? down south to screw up our electoral system.

Last edited:
Absolutely!

Funny how those conservative disaster areas pull together in a time or hardship while liberal areas eat each other alive. I fear for the state that can't take care of itself without government assistance. How well has FEMA worked in the past?

Isn't TN one of those red states? You know, the ones who "pull together in a time or hardship"?

Tennesseans recieved more than $166M from FEMA after the floods in 2010.

Isn't TN one of those red states? You know, the ones who "pull together in a time or hardship"?

Yes, and a great example of pulling together. How did New Orleans handle it? Free TV's !!!

No fair...Bush was at the helm. He didn't have a real good strategery....
The State of Louisiana fucked itself! Procrastination does not work in time of impending flood.

Bush had little if anything to do with the results of the Governor's mistakes.

Uhhhh...Tennessee had a DEMOCRAT governor in 2010.

Shocking a Dem would take such a handout I know...:eusa_eh:

Wrongy! The liberal states and cities ARE shit holes...bailing them out makes us all more likely to join them in the stench.

Cities and states that spend themselves into bankruptcy should have to pay the price (and reap the benefits) of restructuring.

Don't ask me to pay for STUPID LIBERAL MISTAKES in another state or city. I pay enough for the STUPID LIBERAL MISTAKES in my own neighborhood.

Dumbass. The governor didn't. Tennesee citizens did.

Really? The problem with your attempt at deflection is that any state's Governor must first request funds from FEMA, which is exactly what Democrat Phil Bredesen did.

Another miserable fail...:lol:

Really? The problem with your attempt at deflection is that any state's Governor must first request funds from FEMA, which is exactly what Democrat Phil Bredesen did.

Another miserable fail...:lol:

Regardless, if you offer me money after taking my money and giving it to people who pay zero federal taxes then I'm game. I blame the policy.

Last edited:
if you don't vote for a tax increase we will need to cut police and teachers and close your favorite camp ground. What is going on? If you think government needs more money then you need more education.

California Parks Department Sitting On $54M Surplus; Director Resigns « CBS San Francisco

I don't care if liberals vote for tax hikes in their own liberal municipalities. Create your liberal utopia Chicago, Detroit, San Bernardino! However, What I do mind are liberals demanding that money be taken from me, my town, my county, my state, via the federal government, in order to pay for their failed liberal unionized utopia in Detroit among others. They voted for all the local goodies they got and now they have the nerve to demand that I, who has never voted in their district in my life, pay for their services? I don’t care if their crime goes up, I don’t care if their houses burn, and I certainly don’t care if they never make it to the hospital. They got exactly what they voted for! Did they not? Below you will find liberal utopia.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkA5b8xyvuU&playnext=1&list=PLC27987C6891379EF&feature=results_video]IT TAKE THE POLICE 4 HOURS TO SHOW UP IN DETROIT. - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hhJ_49leBw]Detroit in RUINS! (Crowder goes Ghetto) - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqOSNI7l0bQ]Detroit City Council hearing adjourned amid shouting match - YouTube[/ame]

You had no complaints when the blue states were subsidizing the red.

if you don't vote for a tax increase we will need to cut police and teachers and close your favorite camp ground. What is going on? If you think government needs more money then you need more education.

California Parks Department Sitting On $54M Surplus; Director Resigns « CBS San Francisco

I don't care if liberals vote for tax hikes in their own liberal municipalities. Create your liberal utopia Chicago, Detroit, San Bernardino! However, What I do mind are liberals demanding that money be taken from me, my town, my county, my state, via the federal government, in order to pay for their failed liberal unionized utopia in Detroit among others. They voted for all the local goodies they got and now they have the nerve to demand that I, who has never voted in their district in my life, pay for their services? I don’t care if their crime goes up, I don’t care if their houses burn, and I certainly don’t care if they never make it to the hospital. They got exactly what they voted for! Did they not? Below you will find liberal utopia.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkA5b8xyvuU&playnext=1&list=PLC27987C6891379EF&feature=results_video]IT TAKE THE POLICE 4 HOURS TO SHOW UP IN DETROIT. - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hhJ_49leBw]Detroit in RUINS! (Crowder goes Ghetto) - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqOSNI7l0bQ]Detroit City Council hearing adjourned amid shouting match - YouTube[/ame]

I would love to see how you arrived at such a conclusion.

Last edited:
What part of UNITED States of America, are you too stupid to understand? Over 600,000 American lives were lost to preserve this union, you stupid fuck. You want out? Move the fuck out. I hear Iraq is MUCH nicer these days since Bush's surge worked so well. You should check into it.

I assume you know what the word "united" means. Do you know what the word "state" meant at the time of the signing of the Articles of Confederation and the US Constitution?

Regardless, I did not vote for lavish union benefits in fiscally failed liberal unionized municipalities. Why should I pay for them?

I think this problem was pretty much solved soon after the Constitution went into effect. If you remember high school history, conservative Hamilton said the new government should and did assume the debts made by the states on behalf of the new nation. It is called assumption. Of course, every means possible will be made to reject assumption of debts but in the end???

IT TAKE THE POLICE 4 HOURS TO SHOW UP IN DETROIT. - YouTube

Detroit in RUINS! (Crowder goes Ghetto) - YouTube

Detroit City Council hearing adjourned amid shouting match - YouTube

I would love to see how you arrived at such a conclusion.

TaxProf Blog: Red States Feed at Federal Trough, Blue States Supply the Feed
The report shows that of the 32 states (and the District of Columbia) that are "winners" -- receiving more in federal spending than they pay in federal taxes -- 76% are Red States that voted for George Bush in 2000. Indeed, 17 of the 20 (85%) states receiving the most federal spending per dollar of federal taxes paid are Red States.

Forum List

Back