Should we be afraid of Death?

if christians have no fear of death, and heaven so great---why do they always pray to stay alive during disasters/etc?
or pray for their children/mothers/fathers/etc to stay alive if they are dying?
etc

Nobody wants to lose a loved one, that's true of everyone. And I'm not sure it's been established that Christians have no fear of death, it's not like we know in advance that we made the grade to get into heaven.
see post # 3

It will just be like it was before we were born.
And that wasn’t so bad, was it?
:eusa_think:

Elaborate please. Not sure where you're going with this.
I mean we weren’t self aware before we were conceived, and that’s how it will be when we are dead - imho.

If one believes that we all have an immortal soul, then it does exist prior to our conception and continues to exist after our physical death. Not sure we can know for certain if our soul is or is not self aware, some people believe our soul has already picked out the life we are about to live before we are born.
Yes, I appreciate that, but I don’t believe in an immortal soul.

if christians have no fear of death, and heaven so great---why do they always pray to stay alive during disasters/etc?
etc

Nobody wants to lose a loved one, that's true of everyone. And I'm not sure it's been established that Christians have no fear of death, it's not like we know in advance that we made the grade to get into heaven.
see post # 3

First, I saw no reference to Christianity in that post. Second, that post does not say or imply that Christians have no fear of death, that idea came from you. Why do you have to turn the conversation to Christians, got a thing for that particular religion? Third, you asked a question and I answered it. You don't have to agree with it or like it, which is fine.

Death in an of itself is actually born of evil if the scriptures are rights.
If not for sin, there would be no death.

From a secular view, death is entirely natural. I think people fear death mostly because it is unknown. No one knows and never will know to tell others what is on the other side
What sin has a tree commited? It lives and dies as all living things do.

It will just be like it was before we were born.
And that wasn’t so bad, was it?
:eusa_think:

Elaborate please. Not sure where you're going with this.
I mean we weren’t self aware before we were conceived, and that’s how it will be when we are dead - imho.

If one believes that we all have an immortal soul, then it does exist prior to our conception and continues to exist after our physical death. Not sure we can know for certain if our soul is or is not self aware, some people believe our soul has already picked out the life we are about to live before we are born.
Yes, I appreciate that, but I don’t believe in an immortal soul.

Ah, OK.

From a secular view, death is entirely natural. I think people fear death mostly because it is unknown. No one knows and never will know to tell others what is on the other side

We're talking about people here, unless you want to propose that trees are afraid to die.

Death does not concern me. Moreso the planning for it. When is it? What are the terms at that time? Will those left behind be OK? Will some crooked lawyer steal all my wealth on a technicality or take a too big percentage to hand it out. Did I plan ahead correctly? Yes, this keeps me up more than death.

The loss of control is disturbing. Everyone will die. Time waits for no one......and no one waits for time.

etc

see post # 3

First, I saw no reference to Christianity in that post. Second, that post does not say or imply that Christians have no fear of death, that idea came from you. Why do you have to turn the conversation to Christians, got a thing for that particular religion? Third, you asked a question and I answered it. You don't have to agree with it or like it, which is fine.
ok fuckhead ---those who believe in God then
you know what the fuck I mean you DUMBASS
christians believe in god--yes or no --smart guy???
christ is god--in christian fairytale thinking--yes?
he mentions god--right there--yes??

Last edited:
etc

see post # 3

Ignored.

etc

see post # 3

As long as you are at peace with God and yourself, why should you be afraid? Those that have no place to go, but be worm food, they need to fear...
stop being a troll--it's right there
if you are at peace with god--no need to fear---

etc

see post # 3

Ignored.
good--I have no time for jackass trolls

etc

made the grade??!!??? wtf!!?
so god grades you--and if you don't get an A--you get the ruler!!!.....???!!! or the paddle

We're talking about people here, unless you want to propose that trees are afraid to die.
But my post was part of the discussion centered on sin as the cause of death. If so, did Adam's sin bring death to all life forms and not just humans? Did anything die before
Man sinned?

But my post was part of the discussion centered on sin as the cause of death. If so, did Adam's sin bring death to all life forms and not just humans? Did anything die before
Man sinned?

Did anything die before Adam sinned? Don't know, don't care.
Did Adam's sin bring death to all life forms? Don't know, don't care.

I do not believe that any other life form on this planet has the capability to commit a sin. Therefore, we are only discussing human beings IMHO. And no, I do not believe that if not for sin there would be no death. For humans or any other living entity. That which is alive will die, whether he/she/it has sinned or not.

On Final Things.

For all of them, it started much as it will for you: a strangely persistent itch at the back of the head, a discomfort on the left side, a lump fingered in the shower. Something it became impossible to ignore.

Then came the trip to the doctor, the encouraging words from friends, the dropped voices and then the news, which – despite all the evidence – continues to surprise us all, to seem like an error, an appalling clerical mistake from Satan.

On Final Things

Tilly; I visited someone in palliative care today.
That must have been difficult, Mindful :cry: how did it go?

It was a good deed. A woman I didn't know; our daughters were friends before mine moved far away. She asked me to go to the hospital to visit.

It went very well, the woman was delighted to see me after I'd explained who I was. Tubes going into her neck.

I'm not upset, but contemplative. Because she said the tumour in her neck came suddenly. Started off as a cold. Symptoms we all get. o_O

Sometimes you see death coming and sometimes it's a complete surprise, like those kids at the Florida high school yesterday. My dad died from a heart attack just a few days prior to his 47th birthday, if he knew he had any heart issues he never told us about it. So you never know when, but you do know that it is unavoidable. My advice: don't let relationships wither and die, at least make the effort from your end to mend things. Anger, hate, fear, revenge, envy, jealousy, etc., these things do not enrich your life; do not waste your time and energy on them. Instead, focus on what you can do even in a small way to help somebody else or put a smile of their face, and in so doing enrich your own life. Trust me, it works.

Forum List

Back