Should we bail France out again?

Quote: Originally Posted by manifold
After the full blown Islamic revolt erupts in France, should we go bail them out again or let them fight it out for themselves?

(hypothetically speaking of course)
You're kidding, right?

Why do you idiots assume that France can't take care of itself? It is the 6th largest military power in the world - ahead of both North and South Korea...

Oh that's right. Edumacation is frowned upon by corporatists. Only talking points and righty cliches are acceptable. My bad.

have the french ever won a war.........

After the full blown Islamic revolt erupts in France, should we go bail them out again or let them fight it out for themselves?

You're kidding, right?

Why do you idiots assume that France can't take care of itself? It is the 6th largest military power in the world - ahead of both North and South Korea...

Oh that's right. Edumacation is frowned upon by corporatists. Only talking points and righty cliches are acceptable. My bad.

french military victories

I disagree. Completely.

But regardless, the OP presented a hypothetical question. If the question itself offends you so greatly then I encourage you to not burden your delicate sensibilities further by giving it any additional consideration.

IMO, the question is reasonable. You are welcome to disagree.

Man, you are thick. As I said before, France has more than enough military prowess to take care of itself. It is a nuclear nation, for crissakes! Why would you expect that we, or anyone, would have to bail them out???

6a00e54ef13a4f8834011168605656970c-350wi

FREEDOM FRIES
Enough said, thanks.

If there's a violent overthrow of Government and the government in exile appeals to us for help, yes.

If its a slow take over by means of legal deomcratic options, no. If the French want to live free, they'd best guard their future.

I mostly agree.

If they asked for help, I'd vote for helping. Simple as that. I wouldn't predicate it on a "successful" overthrow of the government.

Why? They'd thumb their snotty little French noses at us if we asked for help.

If there's a violent overthrow of Government and the government in exile appeals to us for help, yes.

If its a slow take over by means of legal deomcratic options, no. If the French want to live free, they'd best guard their future.

I mostly agree.

If they asked for help, I'd vote for helping. Simple as that. I wouldn't predicate it on a "successful" overthrow of the government.

I don't believe that for a second. The USA and France have a very long history of alliance.

I mostly agree.

I don't believe that for a second. The USA has a very long history of alliance with France.

:lol::lol::lol:

France took bribe "oil for food" money from Saddam and voted against us in the UN? Remember? Not to mention refusing to allow us to use their airspace once upon a time.

Last edited:
I don't believe that for a second. The USA has a very long history of alliance with France.

Curious. What does your knowledge history tell you about the historical alliance between France and the USA?

ETA: Your addition before I was finished responding: "France took bribe "oil for food" money from Saddam and voted against us in the UN? Remember? Not to mention refusing to allow us to use their airspace once upon a time."

True. Very true. However, France was also working quite closely with the USA in the intelligence community. Invaluable contribution in a time when intelligence is more than highly valued.

Last edited:

Curious. What does your knowledge history tell you about the historical alliance between France and the USA?

ETA: Your addition before I was finished responding: "France took bribe "oil for food" money from Saddam and voted against us in the UN? Remember? Not to mention refusing to allow us to use their airspace once upon a time."

True. Very true. However, France was also working quite closely with the USA in the intelligence community. Invaluable contribution in a time when intelligence is more than highly valued.

The French took money from an evil dicator who spent money to pay Palestinaians to blow their children up. Meanwhile the people of Iraq got no food and got no medicine. We tried to sanction through measures in the UN but the corrupt French and Germany too vetoed us every time. And now they want to scream we waged an illegal war. Fuck France.

You're kidding, right?

the french revolution

but does that really count, it was, after all, against other french

:lol:

some of that intel might not have been very helpful in the long run

Forum List

Back