Should Voting be mandatory?

shintao

Take Down ~ Tap Out
Aug 27, 2010
I think everyone has a civic duty to vote, and that government should see that they do vote or face a $500. fine and possible job loss by forced government firing. My reasoning is, if these people want to use America, they should give something back and take care and have concern about their own government.

Voting age population (Census Bureau Population Survey for Nov. 2000): 205,815,000
Percentage of voting age population casting a vote for president: 51.3%

Read more: Presidential Election of 2000, Electoral and Popular Vote Summary — Infoplease.com Presidential Election of 2000, Electoral and Popular Vote Summary — Infoplease.com

I think everyone has a civic duty to vote, and that government should see that they do vote or face a $500. fine and possible job loss by forced government firing. My reasoning is, if these people want to use America, they should give something back and take care and have concern about their own government.

Voting age population (Census Bureau Population Survey for Nov. 2000): 205,815,000

Read more: Presidential Election of 2000, Electoral and Popular Vote Summary — Infoplease.com Presidential Election of 2000, Electoral and Popular Vote Summary — Infoplease.com

I'd rather have 2 years of mandatory civics/pol-sci in high school.

People need to really understand what they're voting for, not base it on soundbytes.

fuck that. if you don't care to vote i don't care to have your opinion count for anything.

Forum List

Back