Should voters be concerned about Romney's Mormon religion?

Considering the origins of Mormonisn, a Mormon in the White House would have "extremely" close ties to Israel.

And why is "extremely" in quotes?

Relation to Judaism

In the earliest days of Mormonism, founder Joseph Smith Jr. taught that the Indigenous peoples of the Americas were members of some of the Lost Tribes of Israel. Later, he taught that Mormons were Israelites, and that they may learn of their tribal affiliation within the twelve Israelite tribes through prophecy.

Mormonism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Considering the origins of Mormonisn, a Mormon in the White House would have "extremely" close ties to Israel.

Relation to Judaism

In the earliest days of Mormonism, founder Joseph Smith Jr. taught that the Indigenous peoples of the Americas were members of some of the Lost Tribes of Israel. Later, he taught that Mormons were Israelites, and that they may learn of their tribal affiliation within the twelve Israelite tribes through prophecy.

Doesn't answer my question in the slightest.

To answer your question, no. Only religious bigots would even ask such a question. I'll bet money you wouldn't have the guts to ask the same question of Ellison.

Last edited:

Relation to Judaism

Doesn't answer my question in the slightest.

I'm sorry. Maybe you need to turn up your A/C or adjust your drip.

It's different for Democrats....it just is

Of course. If it was a Democrat who were a Mormon running, the Southern Baptists, including Huckabee, would be shouting "anti-Christ" and "cult religion" from the rafters.

I dont see anyone saying that about Harry Reid.

Harry Reid isn't running for president. The Southern Baptist did use the term "cult religion" quite a bit in the primaries, when the fundies supported Santurum.

ALL mormons are MORONS including Harry Reid, OK?

but at least harry is on the side of decency and freedom and common sense, even if he does believe in magic underwear

plus, reid's background compared to romney, you dont want to go there, one is a real man, the other isnt

ALL mormons are MORONS including Harry Reid, OK?

but at least harry is on the side of decency and freedom and common sense, even if he does believe in magic underwear

plus, reid's background compared to romney, you dont want to go there, one is a real man, the other isnt

While I disagree with Reid's politics, i would hardly call him a fake man. Was he designed in a robotics lab or something? Do you know something here? Please, share it with the world.

And no, Reid isnt on the side of decency, freedom, and common sense. He's a Democrat.

Forum List

Back