Should viewing CNN require a prescription?

HenryBHough

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Oak Grove, Massachusetts
Consider that CNN is a powerful drug.

The primary drug keeping scores of leftists from abject depression and possible suicide. Yes, there are other drugs (ABC, CBS, NYT for example) that seem somewhat less effective. They DO, however, pose "gateway" risk and users often shift to what they think (to the extent they are allowed by their beloved Democrat Party) is "the real thing".

I argue it should not require a prescription. It apparently IS addictive however it seems to require an underlying character flaw to actually take hold so normal people are not at serious risk.

Prescriptions would require doctor (or psych) visits - the cost to various state free-to-illegals and indigents would overwhelm budgets and the spread of other diseases (frequently accompanying CNN addiction) in waiting rooms could reach epidemic proportion.

Care to make an argument in favour?

The primary drug keeping scores of leftists from abject depression and possible suicide. Yes, there are other drugs (ABC, CBS, NYT for example) that seem somewhat less effective. They DO, however, pose "gateway" risk and users often shift to what they think (to the extent they are allowed by their beloved Democrat Party) is "the real thing".

I argue it should not require a prescription. It apparently IS addictive however it seems to require an underlying character flaw to actually take hold so normal people are not at serious risk.

Prescriptions would require doctor (or psych) visits - the cost to various state free-to-illegals and indigents would overwhelm budgets and the spread of other diseases (frequently accompanying CNN addiction) in waiting rooms could reach epidemic proportion.

The CNN News Feed:

CNN-News-Feed.jpg

I have a low tolerance for BS so I can not watch it for more than 3 min without loading a BB gun.

I usually wear a welding helmet when I watch CNN so I don't get irreversible Eye damage

I have a low tolerance for BS so I can not watch it for more than 3 min without loading a BB gun.

Throw a Styrofoam brick at the TV. Works for me.

Yes to the prescription. Double yes to a high dose tranquilizer prior to CNN viewing sessions.

Last time I watched CNN I was stranded in the Cancun Airport during a Hurricane.......it was in Spanish...so that was a relief.....

I can sometimes go five if they are being truly pathetically funny.. If they don't make me howl with laughter tho -- they are gone before I Hulk out and damage something.

Guess I don't need a prescription. I know pathetic when I see it.

No. But get your gut set for the laughter as you watch.

Forum List

Back