Should US Teachers get paid based upon student performance?

Should US Teachers get paid based upon student performance?

It's a system that works in every other field of human activity, why not reward teacher success?

No.

No other field of human activity is comparable or involves so many variables to success that are out of the teacher's control.

It's not that hard when doing your homework is one of variables.

Let the market come up with better transcend methods to educate, rather than destroy and indoctrinate

I currently have 50 students who don't have a textbook issued to them because my district didn't give my school enough. Their response? "You'll get them...eventually". We're three weeks into the school year and I have no clue when/if they will arrive.

The sad part is that I'm not surprised whatsoever....yet some on here will probably blame me (I had a parent already blame me).

Here's a list of possible solutions I've come up with:

-Use the digital product as offered by the district (that doesn't work on smart phones making it useless in the classroom)
-Have the students access the book online at home and print out the pages for class (when many of my students don't own a computer and/or printer at home)

-Print copies of all of the assignments we're doing from the book at work

The problem with the above? The school monitors how many copies we make. I've already got yelled at for making too many copies this year...when I explained why their attitude was basically "tough shit".

My story above isn't unique and is way too common. The problem with the educational system is not the teachers (at least most teachers)-it's the ones running the show.

Forum List

Back