Should ugliness be a protected status

CoolBreeze

Momma if you could see me
Jan 27, 2011
Rural Pennsylvania
It's not often I read an op-ed in the New York Times and confuse it with an article from The Onion. But, I did just that Sunday with Daniel Hamermesh's piece calling for government protections for "The Ugly."

Blog: Should 'The Ugly' Be A Protected Class?

Should the ugly of this nation receive perfered status in line with blacks or any other group in a protected status in this nation. If the anwser is yes, than how would one determine who was ugly enough to receive proctective status such as in job hiring, and how did President Lincoln get as far as he did without a program like this on the books at the time of his election?

It's not often I read an op-ed in the New York Times and confuse it with an article from The Onion. But, I did just that Sunday with Daniel Hamermesh's piece calling for government protections for "The Ugly."

Should the ugly of this nation receive perfered status in line with blacks or any other group in a protected status in this nation. If the anwser is yes, than how would one determine who was ugly enough to receive proctective status such as in job hiring, and how did President Lincoln get as far as he did without a program like this on the books at the time of his election?

Daniel Hamermesh's piece calling for government protections for "The Ugly."

At first, I thought it was written tongue-in-cheek, but, no, the University of Texas economics professor is completely serious.

This is one man calling for this. I'm sure he'll get laughed out of whatever place he takes his 'findings' ~No need to worry Cool Breeze!

sounds like liberal women are in for a big payday !!:lol::lol:

I bet you rue the day you posted your photo! But it looks like you'll be in for some sort of payday yourself! :lol:

yidnar.jpg

Michael Medved is talking about this right now on his show...

I bet you rue the day you posted your photo! But it looks like you'll be in for some sort of payday yourself!

yidnar.jpg
I am A ruggedly hansom MAN !! you however probably look like a hooker thats been chasing parked cars!!:lol: :udaman::whip:

Last edited:

Well.......if ugly was a protected class, then you'd have to go after the plastic surgeons who fix people's noses, chins, boobs, butt, etc. like you do abortion doctors.

Because hey..........plastic surgeons make ugly people beautiful, and we can't have that if they're a protected class.

Should the very attractive be a protected class?

They take nearly as much shit as the ugly do.

No.

And I am not purty.

What about short people? We get the SHORT end of the stick every time, chicks always dig tall guys and I bet they make more money too. I'm thinkin' I deserve some compensation here.

What about short people? We get the SHORT end of the stick every time, chicks always dig tall guys and I bet they make more money too. I'm thinkin' I deserve some compensation here.

Don't forget the very tall.

They also are victims of the tyranny of the norm.

Except in basketball, of course.

Should the very attractive be a protected class?

They take nearly as much shit as the ugly do.
Yes we should be a protected class!! I know I like to clown around sometimes but the truth is i struggle daily with envious people who are jealous of my extremely good looks....and if not for my superior intelligence ,lightening reflexes,and awesome physical strength i know i would be victimized by hateful less attractive people like COLON.......:(

Last edited:

Yes, then I can get my piece of the gubment pie.

FIRST OFF. What preferred status? Second, learn to spell. Third, yes, they should be protected, they're important to the social world. Where would the hot chick be, if all of her friends were equally hot? Without the ugly, who would get said hot chick home untouched? Without the ugly, how would you know, how good you look? without the ugly who would lesbians date? Without the ugly, who would be on this site on a Saturday night defending the other "groups" that have better things to do? Without the ugly, who'll become scientists,politicians and other jobs good looking people don't do? Without the ugly who'll do all of the clinical trials for products that cure ugliness? Without the ugly, where will we get telemarketers from?...o.k. bad example. Without the ugly, who will be in their dorm room on a Saturday night doing your term papers while you go partying, because it's either that, or looking at their friends have sex in the other bed? Who'll take care of all that responsibility huh? tell me that. Damn right they need protection.

The way you idiots drool over sarah (turkey neck) palin and michelle (manson face) bachman, you can't talk. In fact, if that's your best drool material...no wonder so many of you boys play for the other team. Eric Cantor is a better looking bitch than those two.

Well for what it's worth -

Are all business executives attractive people?

Many would only rank a 5 in their prime...

They're not valued for their looks - they're valued for their minds.

Besides, a person can be beautiful while not being attractive physically...

Funny how many people can find others intellectually impressive over the internet and never see a person but if they saw them in real life they would say "she is hideous."

Not to mention 95% of the public isn't hideous...

I suppose when you hit your 40's you lose it... At 31 I can contest that is a fact - you really gotta put more effort into yourself and that effort is 10x harder when your older then it is when you're 21...

I suppose my point is that I would seriously date 80% of the chicks I see in public a daily basis... Well between the ages of 20-40...

Last edited:

The way you idiots drool over sarah (turkey neck) palin and michelle (manson face) bachman, you can't talk. In fact, if that's your best drool material...no wonder so many of you boys play for the other team. Eric Cantor is a better looking bitch than those two.
SHUT UP UGLY!!nobody cares what the ugly people have to say!!you should not be seen or heard!!the ugly people like WHORACLE don't deserve the equal rights we beautiful people enjoy!! they are ignorant,violent,irresponsible,and have a high STD rate!!:eusa_whistle:

Last edited:

Forum List

Back