Should Trump protect the Strait of Hormuz for everyone else?

MAGAman

Pro-American Patriot
Jan 28, 2019
Realville, USA
America is energy independent and has very little oil going through the strait.

China has 85% of it's oil going through the strait.

Almost every other country has a huge percentage of its oil going through the straight.

Should America protect everybody else? If so why should we demand in return, if anything?

Last edited:
protect the worlds oil . that's ok with me if TRUMP agrees and if he wants to feck with 'iran' . Otherwise , let the 'euros' do it . Probably best if TRUMP does the protecting as that allows the USA to control things and control 'iran' eh ??

Almost every other country has a huge percentage of its oil going through the straight.

Should America protect everybody else? If so why should we demand in return, if anything?

Perhaps we (America) ought to build a twenty mile wide toll booth across the strait. About that energy independence thing, which fascinates me by the way, seems like our gas prices still spike with any rising tensions in the region. This story has become beyond tiring for many, many Americans. The story of constant grab-ass in the Middle East. It is beyond time to pull our blood and treasure out of the region and use only remote/unmanned means of interdiction/policing from here on out.

protect the worlds oil . that's ok with me if TRUMP agrees and if he wants to feck with 'iran' . Otherwise , let the 'euros' do it . Probably best if TRUMP does the protecting as that allows the USA to control things and control 'iran' eh ??
I trust Trump more than the EU.. Also, America has a real military.

Besides, there are countries outside of the US and EU.

Seems like a "rest of the world" sort of issue to me. Trump needs to be involved but not caged in by this matter.

The problem isn't with China and other nations whose oil goes through the strait.

The problem is in helping our friends in Kuwait and Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates, to get their oil to their customers. We don't want our friends to be pressured by the Iranian mullahs.

Yes, Red China, the UK and other nations also need to help in this effort against the Axis of Evil.

But America definitely does have interests geopolitically here.

The mullahs definitely know which side of their bread is buttered. They know better than to fuck with China.
The mullahs won't go near any tanker on its way to China.

The problem isn't with China and other nations whose oil goes through the strait.

The problem is in helping our friends in Kuwait and Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates, to get their oil to their customers. We don't want our friends to be pressured by the Iranian mullahs.

Yes, Red China, the UK and other nations also need to help in this effort against the Axis of Evil.

Good point.

That said, Iran is in a very weakened state now because of the sanctions, and their bark is much worse than their bite.

The mullahs definitely know which side of their bread is buttered. They know better than to fuck with China.
The mullahs won't go near any tanker on its way to China.
The danger of a dirty bomb or small nuke may keep China neutered.

China's economy would go into a deep depression in months.

How is it racist or fascist to free a bunch of foreigners from an evil dictatorship?

In the future, consult www.dictionary.com before using words you don't understand.
I think you are commenting on something which refers to other comments you aren't even aware of.
Become informed before you jump into the middle of something you are ignorant of.

Good point.

That said, Iran is in a very weakened state now because of the sanctions, and their bark is much worse than their bite.

True enough. But I think Iran still has the ability to gum up the works in the Persian Gulf.

Here is a novel approach, Europe and China depend on the flow of oil passing through the strait, let them stand up and secure safe passage.

Forum List

Back