Should Trump close up the Internet?

Should Trump close up the Internet?

• Yes

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • No

Votes: 4 80.0%

• Total voters
So, I am still not very clear on what it is The Donald wants to do with the internet. I read a piece about it, but it doesn't really make sense. Is he saying he wants to close internet access for Americans or for people in the ME? He wants to close down "parts" of the internet? What parts? Lol.

The White House and Hillary Clinton both want to work with Silicone valley to block ISIS and other terror groups.

It's pretty whacked out that everyone is mocking Trump when this has come up from the WH and Hillary.

So, I am still not very clear on what it is The Donald wants to do with the internet. I read a piece about it, but it doesn't really make sense. Is he saying he wants to close internet access for Americans or for people in the ME? He wants to close down "parts" of the internet? What parts? Lol.

The White House and Hillary Clinton both want to work with Silicone valley to block ISIS and other terror groups.

It's pretty whacked out that everyone is mocking Trump when this has come up from the WH and Hillary.

Well, he worded that terribly. Lol.

:lol:

No guff. But he doesn't even try to mince words. At least he doesn't come out and say "I misspoke". Getting so tired of that. Now I don't know how you go about it but something has to be done. ISIS is now getting out recruitment videos for Russia and China. These aren't cave dwellers. They're very savvy and business oriented along with being brutal murderers.

They're global now. 42 other terror organizations have pledged allegiance to them. The Chechens have actually put them up to over 27,000 on the ground jihadists.

Here's Clinton

Hillary Clinton said on Sunday that the Islamic State had become “the most effective recruiter in the world” and that the only solution was to engage American technology companies in blocking or taking down militant websites, videos and encrypted communications.

“You are going to hear all the familiar complaints: ‘freedom of speech,’ ” Mrs. Clinton said in an hourlong speech and question-and-answer session at the Saban Forum, an annual gathering at the Brookings Institution that focuses mostly on Israel’s security issues.

In a reference to Silicon Valley’s reverence for disruptive technologies, Mrs. Clinton said, “We need to put the great disrupters at work at disrupting ISIS,” an acronym used for the militant group.

It was the second time in two weeks that Mrs. Clinton, the front-runner for the Democratic presidential nomination, had thrown herself into the brewing battle between Silicon Valley and the government over what steps should be taken to block the use of Facebook, YouTube, Snapchat and a range of encrypted apps that are adopted by terrorist groups."

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/12/07/us/politics/hillary-clinton-islamic-state-saban-forum.html?_r=0

:lol:

No guff. But he doesn't even try to mince words. At least he doesn't come out and say "I misspoke". Getting so tired of that. Now I don't know how you go about it but something has to be done. ISIS is now getting out recruitment videos for Russia and China. These aren't cave dwellers. They're very savvy and business oriented along with being brutal murderers.

They're global now. 42 other terror organizations have pledged allegiance to them. The Chechens have actually put them up to over 27,000 on the ground jihadists.

Here's Clinton

Hillary Clinton said on Sunday that the Islamic State had become “the most effective recruiter in the world” and that the only solution was to engage American technology companies in blocking or taking down militant websites, videos and encrypted communications.

“You are going to hear all the familiar complaints: ‘freedom of speech,’ ” Mrs. Clinton said in an hourlong speech and question-and-answer session at the Saban Forum, an annual gathering at the Brookings Institution that focuses mostly on Israel’s security issues.

In a reference to Silicon Valley’s reverence for disruptive technologies, Mrs. Clinton said, “We need to put the great disrupters at work at disrupting ISIS,” an acronym used for the militant group.

It was the second time in two weeks that Mrs. Clinton, the front-runner for the Democratic presidential nomination, had thrown herself into the brewing battle between Silicon Valley and the government over what steps should be taken to block the use of Facebook, YouTube, Snapchat and a range of encrypted apps that are adopted by terrorist groups."

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/12/07/us/politics/hillary-clinton-islamic-state-saban-forum.html?_r=0

Trump wants to do the same thing as Hillary and everybody goes wild and nuts about it, misquotes and out right lies about what he said.
In that Campaign speech he did in SC he was talking about the 2 people in Calif. and that they were both radicalized and then he went on to say that he would get the best in the field like Microsoft, Bill Gates and others in order to better target these recruiting sites on the Internet.
Everybody gets all hysterical and says Trump wants to shut down the Internet.

Hillary wants to involve the people from Silicone Valley. I wonder how much the people of Silicone Valley has given to her Campaign.
Trump wants the actual designers of the Internet.

HRC does not want to violate civil liberties, peach. If Trump keeps this us, she may win, easily.

Anyway, does Donald Trump have any authority to shut down anything besides maybe his own business? I don't think so, so I'm not too worried about it.
Not that the US government ever cares if it has the authority to do anything, but the question, who owns the Internet and can decide whether the whole or parts of it will be closed, is very interesting.

However, if Trump closes the Internet in ISIS-areas, their supporters in other regions will not be affected. So Trump has to close the Internet for the US in order to prevent ISIS from recruiting in America.

Anyway, does Donald Trump have any authority to shut down anything besides maybe his own business? I don't think so, so I'm not too worried about it.
Not that the US government ever cares if it has the authority to do anything, but the question, who owns the Internet and can decide whether the whole or parts of it will be closed, is very interesting.

However, if Trump closes the Internet in ISIS-areas, their supporters in other regions will not be affected. So Trump has to close the Internet for the US in order to prevent ISIS from recruiting in America.

Yeah, that will never happen. Lol. That is a completely ridiculous proposal that no one is going to agree to.

Yeah, that will never happen. Lol. That is a completely ridiculous proposal that no one is going to agree to.
Or he closes the Internet everywhere except for the US. The rest of the world cannot vote him, so they don´t matter.

Or he closes the Internet everywhere except for the US. The rest of the world cannot vote him, so they don´t matter.

Well, for one thing, he doesn't have the authority to close anything. Lol. For another thing, no, he would not become a king of the world.

Well, for one thing, he doesn't have the authority to close anything. Lol. For another thing, no, he would not become a king of the world.
Yeah. Election campaigns and whats thereafter are two different animals.

From what I've read, he wants to close down Jihadist sites. Since we already do this, it amounts to more bloviating from Trump. There is no substance to what he said, but what the DNC press reported is entirely unrelated, as ususal.

Trump has as much of a chance of shutting down the internet as he does getting Mexico to pay for a wall.

That is to say, zip point squat.

Forum List

Back