CDZ Should this women get 8 years prison?

Yes, she committed a very serious crime. Lock her away and then deport her. She had plenty of time the "get legal".
No, the crime here does not fit the punishment. People kill and get less time than this.

I, for one, have no interest in paying for housing and securing this woman because she placed an illegal ballot. Much shorter jail time and a deportation if she is not here legally is all that is necessary.

Does this part of the story change any hearts and minds?

Ms. Ortega was a registered Republican.

:lol: Certainly some sentencing consideration should have been made for "making and example" of this woman when her "good judgement on party selection" is taken into account. Right mes amigos?

Also she voted for republican. Her sentence was far higher than other that do this far more deliberately. Most just got probation.

It seems that the first 2 are honest mistake. The third is probably done under expectation that the government should check.

Don't all people in US have SSN or some number? How can your government give permission to vote for someone whose database do not register as citizen?

Just based on a form she wrote?

I mean that sounds very unreasonable. Any computer linked to US database should know, from her SSN that she is not a citizen.

I think this is not the kind of crime that deserve harsh punishment. Instead, I think this is the kind of crime that should simply be undo able.

Democrats have been fighting the I. D. For ever

Illegal Voting Gets Texas Woman 8 Years in Prison, and Certain Deportation

A girl brought in as infant vote. Her education is less than 6 grade.

I think the people who created the system in Texas need to be looked at for prosecution.

When I vote they have an eligible voter list. If my name is on it and I have my voter ID card or some ID I get to vote.

How her name got on the list is a problem.

Her voting? I dunno. How about a big suspended sentence. Or 26 weekends of labor. Permanent resident but not citizen.

Since when do you need an I. D. To vote?

most illegal migrants to the us never graduated high school. That doesn't change the fact that they know our immigration laws better than we do.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- SURE , they know how to lie , cheat and steal from birth and thats normal human condition . Plus their corrupt and enemy 'mexican' government prints cartoon books teaching illegal aliens how to lie , cheat and steal from the Gringo Wvpb !!

Yes, she committed a very serious crime. Lock her away and then deport her. She had plenty of time the "get legal".
No, the crime here does not fit the punishment. People kill and get less time than this.

I, for one, have no interest in paying for housing and securing this woman because she placed an illegal ballot. Much shorter jail time and a deportation if she is not here legally is all that is necessary.
----------------------------------------------- somewhat agree , the long jail time MAY be part of hammering home the punishment to other illegal aliens !! I speculate / guess that she will be out much sooner and then hopefully deported FAQ2 !!

Since all US voting is computerized and rigged nonstop, why don't they just delete both of her votes? I think this is rather political than judicial.

If she looks good, then let's allow her to work it down in a Texas border brothel instead of prison.

I think the people who created the system in Texas need to be looked at for prosecution.

When I vote they have an eligible voter list. If my name is on it and I have my voter ID card or some ID I get to vote.

Her voting? I dunno. How about a big suspended sentence. Or 26 weekends of labor. Permanent resident but not citizen.

That is exactly my point. This is not a crime that should be dealt with punishment. This is a crime that should have been undo able in the first place.

We usually punish crime with good "pay" and/or great "harm". All the girl did is trying to do something her bros did. Not to mention that she's a republican. It's not like she's siding with immigrants at all. If she never change county, she'll never know that's an issue.

Since when do you need an I. D. To vote?

I have no idea if it is necessary. I hand the volunteers my license. They check something off on a sheet or two and I go vote. I very well could vote by answering them questions, I guess. Just seems easier.

so any citizens can pretty much come and vote without id? Wow. They just go to jail if they're not citizen?

so any citizens can pretty much come and vote without id? Wow. They just go to jail if they're not citizen?
Yes you don't need an I. D. to vote, no you just go home
So, without ID, how does anyone knows who are citizen?

This reminds me of a case of an asian that get shot for trespassing. The asian was drunk and didn't understand the word "freeze".

If you don't want people come to your lawn, put a high fence. Anyone climbing that fence is up to no good.

If you don't even have a fence and then you shot people, that's horrible.

If the way to commit "voters fraud" is as easy as ticking a checkbox, you're baiting people that don't necessarily want to harm you.

I mean look at all other felonies. A robber will have to pick lock, defeat securities, etc. That's because such robbers KNOW they are doing something evil to you.

This reminds me of a case of an asian that get shot for trespassing. The asian was drunk and didn't understand the word "freeze".

If you don't want people come to your lawn, put a high fence. Anyone climbing that fence is up to no good.

If the way to commit "voters fraud" is as easy as ticking a checkbox, you're baiting

You just go to your local voting place and say "I am so and so"

Crazy huh?

The democrats think for some odd reason in the year 2017 people don't have no I. D.

If the way to commit "voters fraud" is as easy as ticking a checkbox, you're baiting

You just go to your local voting place and say "I am so and so"

Crazy huh?

The democrats think for some odd reason in the year 2017 people don't have no I. D.
Depends on the local law. That is not the case everywhere.

I just had my own election. After the election we're supposed to put our little finger in some form of ink.

However, I put 2 of my fingers on the ink. I want my friends to see I pick number 2 (we all love ahok). Ahok will be a christian governor in Indonesia's capital by the way.

So yea, Indonesia is a country with muslim majority and we gonna pick our governor for all province at the same time. The news is all about the capital's governor.

My catch is.

Am I wrong to put 2 of my fingers on the ink?

The election is supposedly secret. Should I go to jail for 8 years because I deep 2 of my fingers instead of my little finger?

I think the case of this woman is the same.

Democracy is government by the population. Yes you can arrange that only citizen vote. In Dubai, the majority of the population do not vote because the majority of them are not citizen. However, that's what differentiate democracy and republic.

It's a small difference. Most of people that live around you are citizen anyway. The non citizen are just small minority. If you really don't want this woman to vote, you should have done more to prevent her from doing so. If someone can just check some fucking checkbox to do an 8 years felony, you are a dangerous country.

Recently a witness for election came wearing a box shirt. The guy that oversee the election kicked him out because the box shirt are so well associated with certain candidate. We have no idea which one breaks the rule.

Imagine if the woman is in fact, citizen, but forget to bring ID. Will she be doing election fraud too? There are so many rules that are not clear for most people and cause little damage when broken. Should people go 8 for that?

Actually, why isn't she a citizen anyway? She lives long enough in US.

Forum List

Back