Should They Show the Coffins of the Fallen?

rayboyusmc

Jan 2, 2008
Florida
This has been a big debate for a long time.

"I would have loved to see them fly my son back in and give him a full salute," said Janice Chance of Owings Mills, Md., whose son, Marine Capt. Jesse Melton III, was killed Sept. 9 in Afghanistan's Parwan province. She said she is in favor of media coverage of the return ceremony.

"As long as it is done in good taste, and they are showing that the people here in the United States are welcoming them back and saying job well done, that is what I would like to see," she said......

Other family members strongly disagreed, however, saying they felt media coverage would allow their lost loved ones to be politically exploited.

washingtonpost.com

Yes, Most defiantly.

The least that those who put our political masters and their policies into place, we the voting public, can do is to honor the Servicemen & Women who have fallen, not to hide away their coffins.

The armed forces are not political, they serve when and where they are told, and whether you agree with the decisions of politicians the sacrifice made by the Armed Forces must be honored by all citizens irrespective of an individuals political persuasion.

They fell at your countries behest......for your tomorrow they gave their today.

No. The only debate is with turds that think showing the coffins will help them protest the conflict.

Retired, you're a dick as usual. The only debate is in your mind.

Willow, I actually agree with you. If the family wants it then do it, if they prefer not showing the coffin of their loved on then don't.

That is the way to make this not a political statement.

No. The only debate is with turds that think showing the coffins will help them protest the conflict.

Retired, you're a dick as usual. The only debate is in your mind.

Willow, I actually agree with you. If the family wants it then do it, if they prefer not showing the coffin of their loved on then don't.

That is the way to make this not a political statement.

Did that hurt? :lol:

yes, i think the world should see how respectfull the men with the duty of bringing the dead home...do their jobs....yes, the world should see the dead..our dead....the world should see the what we were willing to give to try to stave off terrorism...

The family members of the fallen should have the first say.

The world should definately see man's inhumanity to man.

People who call for war should be made aware what war actually entails.

arent the coffins drapped in flags ....well unknown who is in them till the families are given their dead? so why would it matter if they signed or not...giving permission

The government knows who is in the coffins. They could seperate them according to the families' desire.

Hiding them is a much a political act as showing them.

The government knows who is in the coffins. They could seperate them according to the families' desire.

Hiding them is a much a political act as showing them.

that's why permission is necessary imho,, some people resent their dead sons being used for political purposes

Showing the bodies of American boys slaughtered in the name of "cheap oil" might help end the illegal war in Iraq. I'm shocked though that many of you still think this war is legal.

Why does the American Whermacht not attack North Korea, could it be that the Generals fear the North Koreans?

I'm confidebt that the Dark Messiah will end the illegal war soon and perhaps he will bring the war criminals like Bush Junior to face trial.

Showing the bodies of American boys slaughtered in the name of "cheap oil" might help end the illegal war in Iraq. I'm shocked though that many of you still think this war is legal.

Why does the American Whermacht not attack North Korea, could it be that the Generals fear the North Koreans?

I'm confidebt that the Dark Messiah will end the illegal war soon and perhaps he will bring the war criminals like Bush Junior to face trial.

really, really not good at this trolling thing, sport, have you considered philately?

We can not win in Iraq or Afghanistan. Only fools believe otherwise. The loss in Vietnam was a disgrace to the USA Military and the losses in Iraq and Afghanistan will be equally as bad.

If the family agrees...and if the press would agree to show equal footage of progress made in Iraq, including interviewing actual Iraqi citizens.

Otherwise, fuck the press. They're ghouls without honor, and their motives are nothing other than exploiting "stupid" soldiers and their family to present a warped view of the situation.

New Topics

Forum List

Back