Should these be included in an assault weapons ban?

Inthemiddle

Rookie
Oct 4, 2011
Which ones should be banned, and which ones should be acceptable for hunting and in home defense purposes?

1)

544042_01__300_arisaka_great_deer_rifle__640.jpg

2)

SOCOM16-BIRCH.jpg

3)

Mini14GB.jpg

4)

HRSB2Y08lg.jpg

5)

1103.jpg

6)

header.jpg

7)

c4114.jpg

Last edited:
  • Banned
You know this is both disappointing and disturbing. People want gun control, but they can't even specify what they want banned or why.

IMHO - 3 & 7 are bannable.

Many others appear OK to me but I don't know the weapons well enough to be able to say for sure. High capacity magazines are my sticking point.

regards.

Which ones should be banned, and which ones should be acceptable for hunting and in home defense purposes?

1)

544042_01__300_arisaka_great_deer_rifle__640.jpg

2)

SOCOM16-BIRCH.jpg

3)

Mini14GB.jpg

4)

HRSB2Y08lg.jpg

5)

1103.jpg

6)

header.jpg

7)

c4114.jpg

1. the second Amendment isn't about hunting
2. Nor is it about defending your home against burglars
3. It's about the people gathering together as a militia and defending against a tyrannical government that has over stepped it's Constitutional authority.
So No firearm should be banned that doesn't have some reasonable relationship to the preservation or efficiency of a well regulated militia

Last edited:

Many others appear OK to me but I don't know the weapons well enough to be able to say for sure. High capacity magazines are my sticking point.

regards.

So ban the rifles too, or just the magazines? BTW, #7 is a 10 round magazine, I believe.

regards.

So ban the rifles too, or just the magazines? BTW, #7 is a 10 round magazine, I believe.

imho - anything fully automatic or anything that can shoot more than 8 rounds without re-loading, I could support banning weather it fits the "assault" definition du jour or not.

regards.

imho - anything fully automatic or anything that can shoot more than 8 rounds without re-loading, I could support banning weather it fits the "assault" definition du jour or not.

You would first need to over turn Miler vs U.S. and Lewis vs. U.S.

4)

HRSB2Y08lg.jpg

I ordered one of these last week...a .17 HMR single shot Handi-Rifle from H&R.

My good friend sent me this link and this photo...

images

...captioned "World's Scariest Single Shot Rimfire"...

Last edited:

regards.

Banning weather is going to be pretty tough.
Are you going after multiple sunny days or rainy one's?

Banning weather is going to be pretty tough.
Are you going after multiple sunny days or rainy one's?

LOL - touche'
personally I like rainy days - I sleep like a babe

Last edited:

You would first need to over turn Miler vs U.S. and Lewis vs. U.S.

Oh, I didn't say it was ever going to happen. I was indicating what I could support.

regards.

See highlight above ^: And that my friend is precisely why you have no business arguing for the Right to take away the Rights of others.

regards.

I don't know how many times I have to say this but there is absolutely no difference between an AR 15 that fires .223 rounds and any other semi auto rifle that fires .223 rounds.

If I can fire and change out 3 10 round magazines almost as fast as one can empty 1 30 round mag then what's the difference?

Again I'll ask you to be honest and just state outright that you people want to ban all semiautomatic rifles.

Forum List

Back