Should there be women prison guards in mens' prison? (Female prison guard strangled)

Nope. Shouldn't be any of them in a women's prison either. Medical personnel necessary for dealing with strip searches, etc.... but not guards. It's not an appropriate occupation for a woman, regardless of her size.

There should be a height, weight, and fitness requirement for the job. In other fields of endeavor, there are requirements. A college professor must know his/her subject, be intelligent, and have a certain degree. A computer programmer must have an above average intelligence and ability. A teacher needs a certificate in teaching, plus must having continuing ed to keep that certificate.

What's wrong with minimum physical requirements for prison guards?

There are. They have to pass a physical fitness test, and continue to pass it throughout their career.

But there's no height requirement that I'm aware of, though there may be certain prisons that have different requirements. I've never heard of a height requirement.

Because ultimately, it doesn't matter. If they want to get you, eventually they're going to get you. A guard who is attacked and doesn't have back up really doesn't have a chance, regardless of their size. For one thing, they usually aren't attacked from the front. It's usually completely unexpected and size doesn't make any difference. A 6'4" is just as debilitated by a dumbell to the head as a 5'4" woman.

This.

If the prisoners want to take out a guard, they'll have a plan. It's not going to be a formal boxing contest. There's a reason prisons only have rubber pencils.

And there's already physical requirements for the job--maybe their not uniform through the states.

Think about it. If a 5'11" 225lbs woman who can press her body weight and teaches self-defense courses on the weekend comes in for the job, versus a 5'5" 130lbs guy who struggles with the bar--who are you going to choose? It should be all about meeting the physical requirements, regardless of gender.

Folks, if you want to stop these attacks on guards it's real simple. We've already got the plan for it..... Alcatraz. You go back to the 23 hours a day in their cells, no talking, no "rights" concept that PRISON was originally intended to be, and most of this garbage stops right away.

Folks, if you want to stop these attacks on guards it's real simple. We've already got the plan for it..... Alcatraz. You go back to the 23 hours a day in their cells, no talking, no "rights" concept that PRISON was originally intended to be, and most of this garbage stops right away.

That's great if we have unlimited funds and never plan to release the prisoners back into society. Many respected psychiatrists believe the conditions you describe drive prisoners insane.

If you are right, why don't we just put them into medically-induced comas and store them as meat?

That's great if we have unlimited funds and never plan to release the prisoners back into society. Many respected psychiatrists believe the conditions you describe drive prisoners insane.

If you are right, why don't we just put them into medically-induced comas and store them as meat?

Rehabilitation DOESN'T WORK. It's that simple. These places are breeding grounds for bigger, stronger, smarter, better CRIMINALS. Nothing else.

These people have already proven their inability to walk the straight line that society has laid out. I would respectfully suggest the psychiatrists spend their time studying people who have some value to society rather than these worthless meat-bags.

Personally, I'm all for executing all violent felons 30 minutes after their one and only appeal is granted to them. The rest of them can sit and rot in their 8'x8' cells, two by two for the rest of eternity. Funding isn't that difficult when there are no "programs" for these people. Less guards necessary, too when they don't get out of their cells except to stretch the legs, 60 minutes a day.

Supermax.

And they're expensive.

Supermax.

And they're expensive.

There are several prisons who do the 23 hour lock down, I think Pelican Bay is one of them. Somehow violence still goes on.

Rehabilitation DOESN'T WORK. It's that simple. These places are breeding grounds for bigger, stronger, smarter, better CRIMINALS. Nothing else.

These people have already proven their inability to walk the straight line that society has laid out. I would respectfully suggest the psychiatrists spend their time studying people who have some value to society rather than these worthless meat-bags.

Personally, I'm all for executing all violent felons 30 minutes after their one and only appeal is granted to them. The rest of them can sit and rot in their 8'x8' cells, two by two for the rest of eternity. Funding isn't that difficult when there are no "programs" for these people. Less guards necessary, too when they don't get out of their cells except to stretch the legs, 60 minutes a day.

Not everyone in prison has committed a violent crime, and not all violence is the same. Your approach would surely run up the suffering of people on the outside when these men are released.

Seems to me we need two tracks...one for people we still have hope for and another for people we never, ever want to walk free again.

Personally, I'm all for executing all violent felons 30 minutes after their one and only appeal is granted to them. The rest of them can sit and rot in their 8'x8' cells, two by two for the rest of eternity.

Are you saying that people who are convicted of non-violent felonies should get mandatory life imprisonment, regardless of the severity of the crime?

That's one of the most draconian things I've ever read. :cuckoo:

Corrections officer Donna Payant was murdered by inmate Lemuel Smith under similar circumstances in Greenhaven prison in NY in 1981. The news coverage indicates that the Officers were unarmed. It should be noted that all Corrections Officers are unarmed. It is criminal negligence to allow females to work alone with maximum security male inmates. The ironic thing is that there are few male officers working in female prisons.

a thousand to one a female prison guard is going to be a bull dyke anyway so it really shouldn't matter.

Expect to be raped by some lifer if you're female and you must have the position of prison guard. Face it Ladies, these guys have nothing to lose. Hell, they might even rape the male guards if given the chance. I am just talking lifers here, but other inmates are obviously capable of it as well. I wonder if a male guard has ever been sexually violated by a female inmate? Just wondering............. ~BH

a thousand to one a female prison guard is going to be a bull dyke anyway so it really shouldn't matter.

Great, to the ignorant pop culture educated, the sexual orientation of female prison guards puts them out of harms way. Why do we even try to promote a discussion when the ignorant doesn't even try to understand the issue?

Great, to the ignorant pop culture educated, the sexual orientation of female prison guards puts them out of harms way. Why do we even try to promote a discussion when the ignorant doesn't even try to understand the issue?

Yeah, That was an ignorant response because I know Women who are not, as well as who are, that are employed in this position. Maybe gay women are more so, maybe they are not. I could really care less. These animals will rape any female if she is gay or straight, that's what ignorant dumb shits just don't get because they have never been locked up. Like I said before, they will rape Men as well when they have nothing to lose and are animals locked up. Believe it. ~BH

I think that's pretty much what I said.

Without the offensive diatribe, of course.

Not everyone in prison has committed a violent crime, and not all violence is the same. Your approach would surely run up the suffering of people on the outside when these men are released.

Seems to me we need two tracks...one for people we still have hope for and another for people we never, ever want to walk free again.

At what point did I suggest that these people should be getting out of prison at any time? These people have already blown their chance to live in the general population of this country. They have proven an inability to walk the straight and narrow. Why we would ever want to give them another chance to screw up again is beyone me.

Are you saying that people who are convicted of non-violent felonies should get mandatory life imprisonment, regardless of the severity of the crime?

Yes, that is what I am suggesting; and you haven't even started to hear the Draconian Things that I believe should be included in our JUSTICE (not legal) SYSTEM.

At what point did I suggest that these people should be getting out of prison at any time? These people have already blown their chance to live in the general population of this country. They have proven an inability to walk the straight and narrow. Why we would ever want to give them another chance to screw up again is beyone me.

Yes, that is what I am suggesting; and you haven't even started to hear the Draconian Things that I believe should be included in our JUSTICE (not legal) SYSTEM.

Meh. I've seen enough crazy shit on this board already today, and I just logged on. But someone else might be interested, so go ahead.

Meh. I've seen enough crazy shit on this board already today, and I just logged on. But someone else might be interested, so go ahead.

No, I'll hang on until the appropriate discussions come up. I just wanted to make sure you realized that for some of us, what I'm proposing is nowhere near as far "out there" as you seem to think it is.

There have been female guards in male prisons for years. Yes we are required to pass physical testing, and we are retrained every year in defense techniques. I myself am 6'1" and weigh 200lbs. I am not obese, ugly, nor am I a lesbian. I like the job and most times the job is talking. It's proven that women co's are better at negotiating w angry men as they perceive women to be willing to listen to their grievances. With the exception of sex offenders most male prisoners will not strike a female officer as they all love their mothers and they know most of us have kids to go home to. If you're fair, firm, and consistent 100% of the time prisoners know what to expect from you and they just want to do their time. As for the guys that expose their genitals, one simply placed stinging comment about said genitals in front of a crowd will shut most of them up.

Forum List

Back