CDZ Should there be restrictions on having kids in the USA?

suplex3000

VIP Member
Nov 25, 2014
Georgia
I see and hear about problems related to "bad" parenting all of the time. Be it low income, mental health, drug/addiction problems, and a number of other issues.
I am starting to think that we should start some type of restriction program when it comes to having kids. I do not think it is right to allow people without the means to raise a child properly and healthy to have them.
I am not sure how something like this would be enforced, but I think it something we really need to look at.
examples-of-bad-parenting03.jpg

I've always maintained that kids are like prunes.

Is one enough? Are six too many? :dunno:

I see in that picture a dad with a great sense of humor. :thup:

I also see some logic in your reasoning, but must say that no - there should be no such restrictions in this country.

But how can we expect anyone to recognize and appreciate and respect the institution of parenthood when we allow millions of our progeny to be sucked from the uterus for the sake of a convenience of lifestyle and a hokey notion such as "choice".

I see and hear about problems related to "bad" parenting all of the time. Be it low income, mental health, drug/addiction problems, and a number of other issues.
I am starting to think that we should start some type of restriction program when it comes to having kids. I do not think it is right to allow people without the means to raise a child properly and healthy to have them.
I am not sure how something like this would be enforced, but I think it something we really need to look at.

No.

That's be a bridge too far. China did it and was crucified for it. It's a common theme in dystopian fictions and something wise countries avoid. Are other ways to handle overpopulation. And while outliers exist, overall the average isn't worth worrying about.

I think there should be no such restricting program just because as you know 'the ways of God are inscrutable' and besides who will be defining whether this couple can have kids and that one cannot - just another chance for deep corruption and crimes.

In the extreme, yes: Imagine a life boat that is filled to capacity. Does anyone have the right to add another person and cause the boat to sink? In the meantime, vasectomy, tubal ligation and at least pregnancy preventing implants should be offered free of charge as part of a diversion program for unfit parents.

as yet childless women should be PAID to get sterilized and very much encouraged to do so. Restricting their growth SAVED China from nuclear war, with us, russians and India. kids should be TAXED, not given tax preference. We can't afford them anymore. We need to skip an entire generation, world wide, then, by lottery, let 10% of the women have ONE kid. In a few generations, have the population down to what the Earth can give a DECENT living to, instead of having half of the population live in a hellhole.

as yet childless women should be PAID to get sterilized and very much encouraged to do so. Restricting their growth SAVED China from nuclear war, with us, russians and India. kids should be TAXED, not given tax preference. We can't afford them anymore. We need to skip an entire generation, world wide, then, by lottery, let 10% of the women have ONE kid. In a few generations, have the population down to what the Earth can give a DECENT living to, instead of having half of the population live in a hellhole.

Wow....so pretty much ignore the Constitution....and facts....and the economy.

We do not have an over population problem in the United States. There is an over population in other parts of the world and the best way to slow population growth is prosperity.

Simple to regulate --- if you're a registered Democrat, you're not allowed to have kids.

Idiocy problem resolved !!!

Simple to regulate --- if you're a registered Democrat, you're not allowed to have kids.

Idiocy problem resolved !!!
It's no worse than right wingers brains being sucked out at birth...

Don't believe in freedom huh?

I know that this comes as a shock to you, but the US is NOT the entire world and we DO consume about 1/4 of the world's resources. Stop being an ignorant pig

I know that this comes as a shock to you, but the US is NOT the entire world and we DO consume about 1/4 of the world's resources. Stop being an ignorant pig
You don't get to regulate who reproduces and who doesn't. How old are you?

My answer: No. But I do not think it proper that anyone else be forced to pay for another's offspring. In other words, if you have children, they are YOUR responsibility, just as my children are mine. No one should be forced to support anyone else's procreative products.

I never said that I did, just stated what SHOULD be the case, but ignorant pigs insist on taking my tax money to help raise their whelps, cause THEY WANT TO and there's so many of them. That's called "democracy", and I did the Galt thing over it, over 30 years ago. I've given Big Bro almost nothing, and I'm proud of it. If everyone did the same, there'd BE no big brother Feds.

A) Never going to happen

B) Absurd

C) There is no "overpopulation"

Parents found guilty of child abuse or neglect should be given two choices: Incarceration or sterilization.

Forum List

Back