CDZ Should There Be laws Making Simulant Androids Clearly Distinguishable From Real People?

Should "Simulant" Androids be required by law to have a special identifying feature?

• Yes

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Dunno, what time is the foobah game?

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters

JimBowie1958

Old Fogey
Sep 25, 2011
I am totally serious about this. I was ignoring articles about the new sex androids being built because the pics had what were obviously NOT women sitting with real women and the difference was easy to spot. Then this morning I finally read the articles; those were not women; they were the new robots with blow up dolls beside them for comparison.

Now up close I am guessing you could probably tell that there are no tears in their eyes and their skin has no irregularities, etc. But when strong AI is available in 2030 to allow androids to exactly mimic human behavior, I call them "Simulants", the advances in organic tissue growing will have these Android "simulants" almost perfect. You could be talking to some one at a bar in 2030 and never realize that they were robots.

Is this a good idea? How many ways can this technology be abused? How do we validate our voting process to keep simulants from voting?

I am thinking that we should make some identifying feature a legal requirement so that we can all know that we are talking to a robot or not.

I favor making their eyes black, entirely black, like no human ever will or can have.

Then teen agers will be getting their eyes tattooed to look like robots, lol.

Should we require special identifying features for Simulants or not and please explain your answer.

Do androids dream of electric sheep?

I'm a wee bit confused as to the scenario you advance, however. I'm having a difficult time understanding somebody purchasing a sex robot and then wanting to talk to them.

Do androids dream of electric sheep?

I'm a wee bit confused as to the scenario you advance, however. I'm having a difficult time understanding somebody purchasing a sex robot and then wanting to talk to them.

Lol, yeah, well what I am referring to is the use of human simulant technology taken from the sex bot industry and used to make strong AI robots/androids that are so like humans you cannot tell the difference. This would be useful in industries where the employee has to interact with the public alot like salesmen, teachers, counselors, priests, etc.

I am more worried in whether the world will still be around by 2030 than I am in regulating the sex bot industry.

I voted yes but feel this is not a problem, yet. I do watch Star Trek though and think about hypothetical problems myself.

I'm not sure if you've been watching Dark Matter and getting carried away or becoming worried.

Android character without the "personality upgrade"/makeover.

Photo_4.jpg

Android character with the "personality upgrade"/makeover.

dark-matter-zoie-palmer-02.jpg

Al though the show doesn't go deeply into the issue of androids being indistinguishable from humans, it does broach it.

New Topics

Forum List

Back