Should there be internationale language

Svante

cybernetic organism
Dec 11, 2008
Ragnarök
how will i t be if the world have one internatiionale language. this would averybody can understand each other. Dr Weber his book say most people i n the world speak chinese. then he say people who speak anothre language speak english or French. French i s to diffiicult language. english i s much better language and internationale language o f commerce. what d o you think abaout internationale language and what language should b e make internationale.
Dr Weber book.
Top Languages

We already pretty much do it is called English. The most commonly spoken language in the world is English. Not because of Americans and the British but Beacuse of the Indians. English is the Lingua Franca of India and has ben for more than 100 years.

Has to do with the fact that Hindi has hundreds of dialets most of which aren't intlelligible to another Hindi speaker 50 miles away.

An attempt to create a universal language failed and continues to fail.

Esperanto

I have long been expecting esperanto speakers to visit Rosetta and add their language to our collection of translations, but to date not a single volunteer translator familiar with that language has manifested.

Western Civilization used to have an international language of scholars and the literate. It was called LATIN.

But we pretty much gave that up in the 15th century when we started translating the Bible into local languages.

On the other hand an English speaker can go to almost any country in the world and find at least a few people that speak English.

On the other hand an English speaker can go to almost any country in the world and find at least a few people that speak English.

Yes, that is true.

But certainly you can see how the people in another land who have been speaking their language longer than ENGLISH even existed, might have an affection for speaking their own mother tongues, no?

Language is more, much more, than merely a way to communicate.

Language is the tool which creates your world point of view.

Until you have a word to describe a concept?

You really cannot understand that concept very well, and certainly you cannot discuss it with others.

That's exactly why I get so frustrated when people misuse words like "earmark" or "terrorist".

By destroying the undertood meanings and implications of such words, we negate our ability to actually discusss the issues.

And if we cannot discuss the issues, there's damned all little that we can probably do to solve problems arising from those concepts, either.

Of course that is true by the same token when you plan to stay an extended period of time inssomebody else's land it woulod behoove you to make some attempt to learn to speak their language.

Do you realise that learning two or more languages starting a birth ( many countries do this) increases the brains ability to learn?

Languages yes whether it applies to anything else is not yet clear though it is possible that you may have more recent info on this than do I. I know a few phrase in Spanish and even fewer of French, strange since I had only a year of Spanish and two years of French many years ago.

Do you realise that learning two or more languages starting a birth ( many countries do this) increases the brains ability to learn?

I don't know how true that is, but we do know that children are capable of learning much more when they are younger, so teaching them a second or third language is easiest when they are young.

We already pretty much do it is called English. The most commonly spoken language in the world is English. Not because of Americans and the British but Beacuse of the Indians. English is the Lingua Franca of India and has ben for more than 100 years.

Has to do with the fact that Hindi has hundreds of dialets most of which aren't intlelligible to another Hindi speaker 50 miles away.

the US should make engliish official language :eusa_angel:

English is probably the closest to an international language- I think the total is some 1.5 billion who have significant knowledge. And I speak it, so hurray! But what do you expect after 200 years of straight Anglo-American world hegemony? Also French is pretty widely spoken, with some 500 million total or so. Then there's the more region specific ones... 350 million speak Spanish, a billion speak Chinese, 400 million speak Arabic, 400 million Hindi. I mean, speak any given three and you can basically communicate with half the planet.

Damnit, I should've taken French. = \ A friend of mine is half Chinese half Italian, he speaks Italian as a mother tongue, English as a second language, French as a third language, and now he's been taking Chinese too and is getting pretty advanced. That's what? 60+1500+500+1000= 3060 million people he can talk to. Lucky!

New Topics

Forum List

Back