CDZ Should the US retaliate for the missile attack?

task0778

Diamond Member
Mar 10, 2017
Texas hill country
Good question. As of this writing, no Americans were killed or wounded, thanks to our early warning system. Do we let Iran off the hook because they fired and missed? Yes, they could have attacked a larger base with more Americans on it, or one that is closer to the Iran border. Meaning, they could have tried harder to kill Americans. What to do, what to do.

I don't know that we should just let it pass. I won't be pissed if that is the decision, but I gotta say that when fired on if you don't fore back then the enemy is emboldened, and these effers are already bold enough. Truth is, had they killed even one American last night then we would have been justified in a swift and heavy response. Not against their population but against the missile storage sites, nuke weapons processing or weapons manufacturing, and maybe even their oil facilities. In my view, they were dumb-shit stupid to do what they did and got lucky in that they didn't kill anybody.

So, do we hit back? I say yes, hit their missile storage sites and degrade their ability to fire missiles at us or anyone else. Or I'd hit their SAM sites and air defense systems. Those systems use radar to find incoming planes, drones, and missiles, which can be used to locate and destroy them. Doesn't have to be overwhelming, just a clear message: DON'T FUCK WITH US.

Good question. As of this writing, no Americans were killed or wounded, thanks to our early warning system. Do we let Iran off the hook because they fired and missed? Yes, they could have attacked a larger base with more Americans on it, or one that is closer to the Iran border. Meaning, they could have tried harder to kill Americans. What to do, what to do.

I don't know that we should just let it pass. I won't be pissed if that is the decision, but I gotta say that when fired on if you don't fore back then the enemy is emboldened, and these effers are already bold enough. Truth is, had they killed even one American last night then we would have been justified in a swift and heavy response. Not against their population but against the missile storage sites, nuke weapons processing or weapons manufacturing, and maybe even their oil facilities. In my view, they were dumb-shit stupid to do what they did and got lucky in that they didn't kill anybody.

So, do we hit back? I say yes, hit their missile storage sites and degrade their ability to fire missiles at us or anyone else. Or I'd hit their SAM sites and air defense systems. Those systems use radar to find incoming planes, drones, and missiles, which can be used to locate and destroy them. Doesn't have to be overwhelming, just a clear message: DON'T FUCK WITH US.

what missile attack???
this is the equivalent of masturbating in another room and getting accused of rape,,,

Iran purposely avoided hitting personnel...their rockets landed in a field...Trump would be wise to step back here and apply maximum pressure on Iran behind the scenes and recruit other nations to stand behind us.....however if Iran refuses to stand down we should go all in and remove their leaders from the face of the earth....

what missile attack???
this is the equivalent of masturbating in another room and getting accused of rape,,,
Was it your room or someone else's?

Sanctions should be sufficient for now. Trump understands they're trying to save face and the attack was for the benefit of their citizens to make them look they're standing up to the "Great Satan" (lol). They got the message and will most likely not do it again.

Iran notified several nations that the missiles were in pre launch...so the American and Iraqi troops knew they were coming...

This is where you hit them with something covert, a sabotaged fast missile boat or two, or maybe a bunch of tanks near the border with contaimated gas tanks.

Seals go in, do some property damage, seals go out, and Iran gets the message.

Overtures directly to the Iran populace, making friendship and peace clear, are what is needed.

We should police the Strait of Hormuz and put Iran on notice that the days of boarding and commandeering ships are over and their nefarious actions there will not be tolerated....

Iran fucked up...their missile attack has opened the door for Trump to hit them anywhere for any reason going forward....

Food is getting expensive in Iran now that US fracking is reducing the price of oil. reducing the cost of energy even further will make Iran even harder to run

Hate to be the smelly fart in a crowded room, but it ain't over. Iran is not going to give up trying to get nukes one way or another, and I suspect the Saudis aren't either. Sooner or later, an American is going to be killed by a Iran-backed terrorist or one of their proxies and we'll be right back to where we are now. The Iranians are not going to stop doing what they're doing, Khameini himself said that the missile attack last night was insufficient. IMHO, it's only a matter of time.

Once you've won the game you don't go back onto the field.

We haven't won the game yet. Did anyone really think the game was over? This is like chess, we took the first pawn. BFD.

We haven't won the game yet. Did anyone really think the game was over? This is like chess, we took the first pawn. BFD.
Pick whatever metaphor works for you. We won the game but, I agree, the season, series, set, tournament, etc. is still not over.

If the Saudis haven't already 'procured' what they want from fellow members of their faith, it can only be a matter of time (and just how much the Saudis are finally willing to pay).
It is not clear to all, anyway, how Iran having 'the bomb' would be any more disconcerting than that K.N. has them, not to mention Putin.

Iran notified several nations that the missiles were in pre launch...so the American and Iraqi troops knew they were coming...
Yes and I just heard America knew about that even before iran told them

No, Trump is playing this just right. Continuing attacks by Iran will further isolate it and legitimize the threat of a massive counterstrike by the U.S. They are in a box and they know it.

We should police the Strait of Hormuz and put Iran on notice that the days of boarding and commandeering ships are over and their nefarious actions there will not be tolerated....

I find most of the rightwingnutjob ideas screwball. But this one I do agree with. We can police the strait and prevent the idiocy of the seizing of tankers and such. We have the horsepower and should do it. People forget how we have used the Coast Guard for these missions in the past. They have the ideal training and equipment and can be backed up by the heavier US Navy resources.

Forum List

Back