Should the US Government pay for these??

Generally the uncompensated portion falls primarily to the taxpayer.

?
How? The uncompensated portion falls to those who have health insurance, which is why hospital costs are pretty high, to pay for those who can't. The taxpayer has nothign to do with this. ANother lie by the left.

More than 80% of uncompensated care is paid for by various levels of government. Medicare, for example, tacks on a additional component to each payment made to a hospital based on the shared of uninsured people it sees (take heart, you won't have to worry about that after Ryan ends Medicare payments to hospitals). Medicaid does something similar. State and local governments also tend to make appropriations for care of the uninsured.

Medical care rates are high in part to compensate for the underpayment by Medicare and Medicaid. There is some taxpayer funding, true. But there is plenty of non taxpayer funding in the form of higher rates for privately insured people.
Ryan's plan ending this stupid practice is good news.

Are you proposing we let those without health insurance suffer and die? Insurance places a value on something. What is the "value" of your life? Health care shouldn't be for profit to begin with.

As for auto insurance, I think that instead of making responsible individuals carry uninsured motorist insurance, make it a gas tax...that way, everyone who drives pays...including the uninsured motorist.

yes,, right,, a gas tax.. laughable,, gas tax was supposed to keep our nations highways and byways in good shape,, but guess what? obbieeedooodle wants a new infrastructure stimulus.... so if you think increasing the gas tax will make sure everyone has insurance well then dippy doodle ya got another think coming.

You and I are paying a considerable amount a month for uninsured motorist insurance because we are responsible and can afford insurance, yes? (I'm making an assumption about you and if I'm wrong, I apologize)

WE are paying for the guy without insurance, he isn't. If instead of just you and I paying for him, he too was sharing the burden through a tax on gasoline that he MUST put in his automobile that has no insurance, he is then sharing the burden is he not? As it is, just you and I are paying. Get it now?

Are you proposing we let those without health insurance suffer and die? Insurance places a value on something. What is the "value" of your life? Health care shouldn't be for profit to begin with.

As for auto insurance, I think that instead of making responsible individuals carry uninsured motorist insurance, make it a gas tax...that way, everyone who drives pays...including the uninsured motorist.

yes,, right,, a gas tax.. laughable,, gas tax was supposed to keep our nations highways and byways in good shape,, but guess what? obbieeedooodle wants a new infrastructure stimulus.... so if you think increasing the gas tax will make sure everyone has insurance well then dippy doodle ya got another think coming.

You and I are paying a considerable amount a month for uninsured motorist insurance because we are responsible and can afford insurance, yes? (I'm making an assumption about you and if I'm wrong, I apologize)

WE are paying for the guy without insurance, he isn't. If instead of just you and I paying for him, he too was sharing the burden through a tax on gasoline that he MUST put in his automobile that has no insurance, he is then sharing the burden is he not? As it is, just you and I are paying. Get it now?

A person without insurance is violating the law. He will pay through court costs and fines. Also his assets can be taken and his wages garnished for any damage he does.
You aren't paying for him. You are paying in case there is damage to you.

Most people without health insurance are healthy and in their 20s. Who is proposing they die?
Insurance does not place a value on something. Your understanding of insurance is wrong. Insurance takes the risk that you cannot to take. Most people can afford $10 for over the counter meds for a cold. They could actually afford $50 for a doctor's visit. Few people can afford $100k in medical bills, which is why they buy insurance.
Health insurance is like any other financial product: annuities, IRAs, etc etc. Why shouldn't people make money from this?
We already have a high gas tax to pay for highways.

Some things should not be for profit. The defense and protection of our populace is one and the health of our nation's populace is another.

The defense and protection of our nation - that's in the Constitution. Health care - that is not. Do it yourself.

We have the greatest nation on the globe. We have the freedom to make choices and laws. We also have the freedom to create the calamities we have today.

When there are illegals usurping our resources and encouraging them to come here and do so, we have our priorities failing us. We were once able to help those Americans who really needed it through no fault of their own. We have disgracefully extended ourselves to the point we have given permission to have perfectly able bodies take away our security and future.

Are we using our freedom to lose our freedom?

If you don't pay for health insurance and you need hospitalization, who pays?

?
How? The uncompensated portion falls to those who have health insurance, which is why hospital costs are pretty high, to pay for those who can't. The taxpayer has nothign to do with this. ANother lie by the left.

Okay, you can't have it both ways. Here you tell us that people not having health insurance increases the cost to those who do. However, when we discuss mandating health insurance, we are told that this would put a strain on the system and drive costs up even more. Which one is it?

Thoughts of Democrats when they wake up in the morning:

I'm hungry but when I go to eat I feel un-equal. Rich people in nice clothes arrive in expensive cars to eat at fancy restaurants.

My car is out of gas, it looks bad, my close smell & I usually eat at Taco Bell. The government should give me a new car, full of gas, new clothes with pockets full of cash so I can eat at the fine restaurant & feel good. Then the government should give me a new house so I will fell good when I return from that fancy restaurant.

Most people without health insurance are healthy and in their 20s. Who is proposing they die?
Insurance does not place a value on something. Your understanding of insurance is wrong. Insurance takes the risk that you cannot to take. Most people can afford $10 for over the counter meds for a cold. They could actually afford $50 for a doctor's visit. Few people can afford $100k in medical bills, which is why they buy insurance.
Health insurance is like any other financial product: annuities, IRAs, etc etc. Why shouldn't people make money from this?
We already have a high gas tax to pay for highways.

Some things should not be for profit. The defense and protection of our populace is one and the health of our nation's populace is another.

The defense and protection of our nation - that's in the Constitution. Health care - that is not. Do it yourself.
Correct. Article 1, Section 8. Healthcare is a personal responsibility of the individual.

it boggles the mind as to how many think Healthcare is contained in the General Welfare Clause...:eusa_whistle:

If you don't pay for car insurance and you wreck your car, who pays?

If you don't pay for homeowner's insurance and your house burns down, who pays?

If you don't pay for health insurance and you need hospitalization, who pays?

This debate should be a no-brainer. You either buy insurance, or pay for your own decision not to purchase insurance.

die quickly

I'm hungry but when I go to eat I feel un-equal. Rich people in nice clothes arrive in expensive cars to eat at fancy restaurants.

My car is out of gas, it looks bad, my close smell & I usually eat at Taco Bell. The government should give me a new car, full of gas, new clothes with pockets full of cash so I can eat at the fine restaurant & feel good. Then the government should give me a new house so I will fell good when I return from that fancy restaurant.

You think rich people are Republicans? You sure about that?

redneck_pics_tattoo2.jpg

redneck_crazy_man.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

?

Okay, you can't have it both ways. Here you tell us that people not having health insurance increases the cost to those who do. However, when we discuss mandating health insurance, we are told that this would put a strain on the system and drive costs up even more. Which one is it?

No that isn't what I said at all.
Hospitals have higher rates in part to compensate for low reimbursement, not necessarily for uninsured people. But lots of things drive up health care costs in aggregate. The biggest is that the people using health care are not the people paying for it. That includes all third party payer schemes: private insurance, medicare, etc.
Increasing the third party payer system will increase the cost pressures even more. This is why it will bankrupt the system and necessitate rationing to keep it solvent.
Ryan has the right idea: make people responsible for their own care and they will spend their health care dollars more wisely.

redneck_pics_tattoo2.jpg

Why do you hate pregnant white women?

redneck_pics_tattoo2.jpg

Why do you hate pregnant white women?
That's what rdean and his Statist pals think of the people in general. Hell? He's been spewing this nonsense for far too long.

Forum List

Back