Should the US build a southern border wall?

Do you support building a wall on the southern border?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
A wall will help what? At how much cost? I mean, you could make a wall with machine gun placements encrusted in diamonds, it'll cost a lot and won't be the most cost effective way of dealing with the problem.

Machine guns on the wall, you mean like it was on the Berlin Wall?

It doesn't matter, the point was you could put bells and whistles on the thing and make it cost even more, it doesn't mean it's worth the cost.

It is worth every cost for those who control US politics. This is because the wall is not built to keep the Mexicans out, but to keep the Americans in. This is also why this wall was built on the Canada border first.
---------------------------------------- yeah well , even if designed to keep you IN . Where do you think you are going to go TODAY without permission and with no wall yet in place . You need tickets to airlines , cruises and other modes of transport plus you need government permission slips , visa , passports , access to money , banks .

Shows how far totalitarianism has come since the days of 19th century commies meeting in London to avoid the anger of the Zar at home in Russia. If you want to run away from a totalitarian congressional government, will Barb Wire get you across the wall, before you are shipped back for no visa?
----------------------------- just pay yer taxes Gents , after that we , President Trump and '' I '' pretty much don't care what you think or say Fridgid , Luddley , Fenton . Lumley , RyeCatcher , or anyone else !!----------------- edited to add ODanny , Syriusly , the statist , Eloi and all others . Just pay your taxes BOYS !!

Last edited:
A wall will help what? At how much cost? I mean, you could make a wall with machine gun placements encrusted in diamonds, it'll cost a lot and won't be the most cost effective way of dealing with the problem.

It doesn't matter, the point was you could put bells and whistles on the thing and make it cost even more, it doesn't mean it's worth the cost.

It is worth every cost for those who control US politics. This is because the wall is not built to keep the Mexicans out, but to keep the Americans in. This is also why this wall was built on the Canada border first.

Well, it's more designed to keep Americans happy, rather than in.
Then Americans will be as happy with their wall, as the Soviets were happy with theirs.

Of course. They love symbolism. The flag, the anthem, it's what people who call themselves "patriots" understand. You make useless gestures and it has meaning for them, probably because doing something real doesn't often work for them.

Well, it's more designed to keep Americans happy, rather than in.
Then Americans will be as happy with their wall, as the Soviets were happy with theirs.

Of course. They love symbolism. The flag, the anthem, it's what people who call themselves "patriots" understand. You make useless gestures and it has meaning for them, probably because doing something real doesn't often work for them.

In that case, they will fare excellently in prison, as long as the totalitarian government paints the walls red white and blue. Hehe.

The problem is that lazy gringos are not going to take the jobs that semi-literate low skilled latinos are doing just for food. You can build all walls you want, but will you and other wall-builders be willing to take all these low paying jobs when hispanohablantes get kicked out of your country? Or maybe your idiot president and his cronies are going to take their place?

nothing like a
perezoso wet back calling people
perezoso,we will send you back hull.

Well, as reported deportation is a waste of time. They just keep sneaking back in. The wall will impede that and also hinder the flow of mules carrying drugs!
They keep sneaking back in because there is no effective deterrent. What is needed are concentration camp prisons for repeat offenders and internment camps for arrested illegals awaiting deportation.

Illegal and unwanted immigration is a serious problem for which a serious deterrent is desperately needed.

To slow the spread of illegal aliens and drugs from Mexico. Duh.

And does it need a wall? Why not build a FENCE? I mean, Israel has 90% fence and 10% wall. Again, the wall is to stop snipers. The fence works.
Good point, but it would have to be a tall, strong FENCE so people don't just climb over it or something crazy. Either way, we still need some type of better security along the southern border, whether it be a wall or just a real good FENCE.

Well, actually there are better ways of doing it than a wall, but there are also a lot of people who don't want to find out the better, more effective and cheaper ways of doing things... they just want a wall because they learned to spell "wall" at school.
I still think a wall will help. Also, at my school we just learned how to spell 'dog'

Then what is your solution?

And does it need a wall? Why not build a FENCE? I mean, Israel has 90% fence and 10% wall. Again, the wall is to stop snipers. The fence works.
Good point, but it would have to be a tall, strong FENCE so people don't just climb over it or something crazy. Either way, we still need some type of better security along the southern border, whether it be a wall or just a real good FENCE.

Well, actually there are better ways of doing it than a wall, but there are also a lot of people who don't want to find out the better, more effective and cheaper ways of doing things... they just want a wall because they learned to spell "wall" at school.
I still think a wall will help. Also, at my school we just learned how to spell 'dog'

Aside from putting in modern measures (I mean, the Chinese were building walls in 200BC) that work, based on what people know works, also helping Mexico become a stronger nation. The US would benefit from more consumers on its border, it would benefit from having a safer border.

as somneone who was alive during the cold war, I cant support a wall.
---------------------------------------------------------------- of course the wall should be built and i say that as a guy born in 1949 and who lived through ALL the years of the Cold War . Why refer to the 'cold war' as a reason to not support and build a southern border wall Swiftie ??

as somneone who was alive during the cold war, I cant support a wall.
---------------------------------------------------------------- of course the wall should be built and i say that as a guy born in 1949 and who lived through ALL the years of the Cold War . Why refer to the 'cold war' as a reason to not support and build a southern border wall Swiftie ??
Im just saying that it doesnt really sit that well with me because I lived through part of the cold war. I rmember being about 10 years old when the berlin wall was torn down, and even that young, it left an impression

well , like i said , i see no relation between the Trump border wall and the cold war . All i mostly remember was good times for the most part when the cold war was going on . I remember Sputnik , the space race , nukes in cuber [cuba] , dead kennedy killing a woman / secretary , khruchev beating his shoe on a podium [we will bury you] , the guy before gorby , then gorby and Ronald Reagan of course and then the wall used to keep Germans in Eastern Germany being torn down . ---------------- as far as a southern mexican and third worlder exclusion wall i think its needed on the USA Southern border . Not so much for me but for the future of American youngsters Swiftie .

Last edited:

Aside from putting in modern measures (I mean, the Chinese were building walls in 200BC) that work, based on what people know works, also helping Mexico become a stronger nation. The US would benefit from more consumers on its border, it would benefit from having a safer border.
That's great and all, as the number of incoming illegal aliens would decrease, but it's not going to happen overnight and drug smugglers aren't going to change instantly. It could take years, and in the meantime, why not put up a barrier of some kind?

That's great and all, as the number of incoming illegal aliens would decrease, but it's not going to happen overnight and drug smugglers aren't going to change instantly. It could take years, and in the meantime, why not put up a barrier of some kind?

How many illegals come over the border?

How many illegals have been prevented from coming over the border in the last ten years or so?

How many illegals would be prevented from coming across the border with a wall that wouldn't be prevented from coming across with a different, more high tech, way of dealing with the problem?

There already is a barrier of some kind.

build the TRUMP WALL as it is a barrier to third wolders plus its also a big 'feck you' poke in the eyes to 'mexicans' and other third worlders Fridgid !!

Forum List

Back