Should the United States Support International Democritization?

What is that, the third attempt to withdraw your original statement?

Enough.

Retraction accepted.

Surely you learned at you uppity-private schools, with their superior educational skills, that simply claiming fiat makes you look like a moron.

If you don't want to clarify your point and words, that's your prerogative. I just don't want to miss-attribute something to you when a statement is vague. That doesn't mean I don't stand by my words which are this:

I believe we were lead into Iraq to maintain access to oil.

I would not support a foreign policy that would deem it acceptable to invade oil producing companies and steal their resources.

Facts aren't deflection. That you don't even attempt to think of an example just shows how baseless your claim is.

You obviously went to government schools, don't belong to the right country club, and weren't invited to cotillion this year.

Therefore, you are too stupid to warrant a response.

Your words, not mine.

The government schools mantra is in fact your words, and an oft repeated statement made by you.

As if any of us give two fucks where you went to boarding school and college.

The rest was artistic license, but I suspect it hits close to home.

Other than that, why not give the man the courtesy of an answer?

You obviously went to government schools, don't belong to the right country club, and weren't invited to cotillion this year.

Therefore, you are too stupid to warrant a response.

Your words, not mine.

The government schools mantra is in fact your words, and an oft repeated statement made by you.

As if any of us give two fucks where you went to boarding school and college.

The rest was artistic license, but I suspect it hits close to home.

Other than that, why not give the man the courtesy of an answer?

Because that would require having an answer. Since she doesn't, she'll name-call instead.

Because that would require having an answer. Since she doesn't, she'll name-call instead.

I am particularly fond of her "government schools" rant. It just smacks of such snobbery that we all know exists among the country-club conservative set. Where I am from, middle America, people can't afford to send their kids to private schools or home school them. They work for a living. I grew up on a farm. My father couldn't spare me in high school, because he needed my help. I sure as hell didn't want to run off to Exeter and leave him with all the work.

It hasn't seemed to be a major problem in my life so far. In fact, it only matters when snobs like PC bring it up. As if it's germane to their point.

At any rate, the irony is, the country club conservative set has been able to bamboozle middle America, over issues like guns and abortions, into voting against their own best interests. The elitists want Joe Farmer's vote, they just don't want him at their cocktail parties (or too close to them in general).

As for boarding schools, I am a big fan of "Scent Of A Woman".

" bunch of runny-nosed snots in tweed jackets, all studying to be George Bush."

Attachments

• $scent_of_a_woman_01.jpg
    $scent_of_a_woman_01.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
Speaking of running away from bogus statements, did you want to withdraw your support from Colin Powell's fallacious statement?

What was fallacious about standing firmly behind the brave froces who were able to conquer the forces of Nazism, Communism and colonialism.

And asking for no more than enough land to bury the dead.

Sorry you can't be proud of same.

Well you see it's not true.

Speaking of running away from bogus statements, did you want to withdraw your support from Colin Powell's fallacious statement?

What was fallacious about standing firmly behind the brave froces who were able to conquer the forces of Nazism, Communism and colonialism.

When I was at the Infantry Officer Basic Course, this man:

Gordon Ray Roberts - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Got up in front of us and said: "You won't find Neslon Rockefeller's kid serving in the Army."

He was right. With few exceptions, the wealthy and connected, have always avoided combat.

Personally, I'd have been happy for less of their cheerleading and more of their asses on the line with a ruck and rifle. However, we are all free to make our own decisions in life, so that is their prerogative. I know interrupting cocktail hour is majorly traumatic.

However, I am less than impressed with the "we are so proud" of you mantra. I certainly find it amusing that they would stand behind the actions of other honorable men to make petty political points.

Where do we ask to bury the thousands of innocent Iraqi men women and children whose lives were extinguished because OF America bringing WAR, the scourge of mankind to Iraq...a war of ideology?

There is NOTHING exceptional about that...

...no mother would ever willingly sacrifice her sons for territorial gain, for economic advantage, for ideology.
Ronald Reagan

Ah, the BoringFriendlessGuy is back.

But, then again, where else could he go?

I suspect that there may be a reason Friendless returns to a thread on which he as been stomped, over and over, time and time again: he’s Friendless.

Any response, no matter how dispositive, no matter how insulting to his argument, his intellect, or his manhood, serves as inducement for Friendless to post a long, repetitive, and often boring response, frequently baited with logical errors, hoping to coax further repartee, and all because- you guessed it: he is lonely.

BoringFriendlessGuy has no compunction about hijacking a thread, or posting huge multicolored font, charts, and graphs that have no bearing on the subject of the thread, or even ending a thread by long, boring pedantry, other than having killed the ‘golden goose’ of a place to post…but then he’s not that smart.

Borrowing from Sherlock Holmes, I would venture a guess that BoringFriendlessGuy might suffer from a speech impediment, which relegates any badinage to cyberspace.

Or- possibly, folks in his locale are more easily able to see him coming, and beat a hasty retreat, than posters on the message board, and so we are the beneficiaries of his argufying ambush!

Again and again he returns to the source of his psychological nourishment, similar to the behavior of a hyena or other scavenger, seeing any opportunity to post as though another scrap of polemical ‘meat’.

If the post does not speak for itself, I for one find him as welcome as emphysema at a glass-blowers convention.

Although I expect to be disappointed, let’s hope that this missive serves as our adieu, BoringFriendlessGuy.

I suspect that there may be a reason Friendless returns to a thread on which he as been stomped, over and over, time and time again: he’s Friendless.

Any response, no matter how dispositive, no matter how insulting to his argument, his intellect, or his manhood, serves as inducement for Friendless to post a long, repetitive, and often boring response, frequently baited with logical errors, hoping to coax further repartee, and all because- you guessed it: he is lonely.

BoringFriendlessGuy has no compunction about hijacking a thread, or posting huge multicolored font, charts, and graphs that have no bearing on the subject of the thread, or even ending a thread by long, boring pedantry, other than having killed the ‘golden goose’ of a place to post…but then he’s not that smart.

Borrowing from Sherlock Holmes, I would venture a guess that BoringFriendlessGuy might suffer from a speech impediment, which relegates any badinage to cyberspace.

Or- possibly, folks in his locale are more easily able to see him coming, and beat a hasty retreat, than posters on the message board, and so we are the beneficiaries of his argufying ambush!

Again and again he returns to the source of his psychological nourishment, similar to the behavior of a hyena or other scavenger, seeing any opportunity to post as though another scrap of polemical ‘meat’.

If the post does not speak for itself, I for one find him as welcome as emphysema at a glass-blowers convention.

Although I expect to be disappointed, let’s hope that this missive serves as our adieu, BoringFriendlessGuy.

Wow. A personal attack.

You really showed him.

Thank God you are here to grace of with your intelligence.

Wow. A personal attack.

You really showed him.

Thank God you are here to grace of with your intelligence.

So glad you have begun to see the light.

When I was at the Infantry Officer Basic Course, this man:

Gordon Ray Roberts - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Got up in front of us and said: "You won't find Neslon Rockefeller's kid serving in the Army."

He was right. With few exceptions, the wealthy and connected, have always avoided combat.

Personally, I'd have been happy for less of their cheerleading and more of their asses on the line with a ruck and rifle. However, we are all free to make our own decisions in life, so that is their prerogative. I know interrupting cocktail hour is majorly traumatic.

However, I am less than impressed with the "we are so proud" of you mantra. I certainly find it amusing that they would stand behind the actions of other honorable men to make petty political points.

" With few exceptions,..." kind of defeats the purpose of your post.

And, probably due to the philosophical blinders you wear, you haven't noticed that we have a voluntary armed forces.

For edification: Voluntary
1. Done or undertaken of one's own free will: a voluntary decision to leave the job.
2. Acting or done willingly and without constraint or expectation of reward: a voluntary hostage; voluntary community work.
3. Normally controlled by or subject to individual volition: voluntary muscle contractions.
4. Capable of making choices; having the faculty of will.
5. Supported by contributions or charitable donations rather than by government appropriations: voluntary hospitals.
6. Law
a. Without legal obligation or consideration: a voluntary conveyance of property.
b. Done deliberately; intentional: voluntary manslaughter.

I am particularly fond of her "government schools" rant. It just smacks of such snobbery that we all know exists among the country-club conservative set. Where I am from, middle America, people can't afford to send their kids to private schools or home school them. They work for a living. I grew up on a farm. My father couldn't spare me in high school, because he needed my help. I sure as hell didn't want to run off to Exeter and leave him with all the work.

It hasn't seemed to be a major problem in my life so far. In fact, it only matters when snobs like PC bring it up. As if it's germane to their point.

At any rate, the irony is, the country club conservative set has been able to bamboozle middle America, over issues like guns and abortions, into voting against their own best interests. The elitists want Joe Farmer's vote, they just don't want him at their cocktail parties (or too close to them in general).

As for boarding schools, I am a big fan of "Scent Of A Woman".

" bunch of runny-nosed snots in tweed jackets, all studying to be George Bush."

I really enjoyed this part:
"I am particularly fond of her "government schools" rant. It just smacks of such snobbery that we all know exists among the country-club conservative set. Where I am from, middle America, people can't afford to send their kids to private schools or home school them."

And, I must be having a 'my bad' moment, if I led you to believe that mine was a private school education...up to university.

I should have spelled out more clearly that my claim to fame is that, unlike yourself, I had the insight, tenacity and ability to overcome the politically correct liberal left leaning so-called education instilled and imposed by the public government schools, you know, the ones that have caused the precipitous drop in performance by its grads.

I don't know, should I add that to my rant?

And, probably due to the philosophical blinders you wear, you haven't noticed that we have a voluntary armed forces.

When Gordon Roberts received the Medal of Honor, it was not a voluntary army.

But you are correct, it is a volunteer force.

Unless your ass volunteered, you should probably stop with the whole "why do you hate the military" bit.

Especially when you are seemingly advocating for expanding the mission of the military to a role that no one volunteered for (nor would most people).

Though that last bit remains a little vague, since your basically refuse to spell out just what you mean by "Democritization" and what the political and military ramifications of it are.

Even when asked nicely.

And, I must be having a 'my bad' moment, if I led you to believe that mine was a private school education...up to university.

I should have spelled out more clearly that my claim to fame is that, unlike yourself, I had the insight, tenacity and ability to overcome the politically correct liberal left leaning so-called education instilled and imposed by the public government schools, you know, the ones that have caused the precipitous drop in performance by its grads.

Oh, is that it? Thank, God. I was beginning to think you were just a fucking snob. Oh wait, I still do.

So when you say "government schools", it's not an indictment against the public school system per se, but against some unquantifiable brain washing entity that you feel that you were a part of; but were unable to escape as opposed to everyone that disagrees with you on a political message board?

In other words, it's just a lame personal attack with no real substance to it?

Well, that's pretty much par for the course. I don't think you need to clarify any further.

Your MO is pretty well established.

Where do we ask to bury the thousands of innocent Iraqi men women and children whose lives were extinguished because OF America bringing WAR, the scourge of mankind to Iraq...a war of ideology?

There is NOTHING exceptional about that...

...no mother would ever willingly sacrifice her sons for territorial gain, for economic advantage, for ideology.
Ronald Reagan

The empty vessel makes the loudest sound.
William Shakespeare

Oh, is that it? Thank, God. I was beginning to think you were just a fucking snob. Oh wait, I still do.

So when you say "government schools", it's not an indictment against the public school system per se, but against some unquantifiable brain washing entity that you feel that you were a part of; but were unable to escape as opposed to everyone that disagrees with you on a political message board?

In other words, it's just a lame personal attack with no real substance to it?

Well, that's pretty much par for the course. I don't think you need to clarify any further.

Your MO is pretty well established.

Whatever school you attended, they seemingly made no attempt to correct your language.

Must I define each and every term for you? Do you have a first language?

'Government schools' means the public school system, sans charter schools and the like.

"...indictment against the public school system per se,..." -it is exactly that!

"...against some unquantifiable brain washing entity that you feel that you were a part of; but were unable to escape..."
Well, I take it as a compliment that you have attempted to elevate your usual banal and monosyllabic responses to something akin to mine.

Keep trying.

As for the sense of the sentence, you have it completely reversed: it is you who is unable to escape.

"...as opposed to everyone that disagrees with you on a political message board?"
I fully understand your attempt to hide in the crowd, as ashamed of your abilities as you should be, but I only respond in the manner to which you so object to those deserving of vituperation.

In simpler terms, there are many on the other side who deserve better treatment, and are given such.

Now for the schools in general,
1. They are overwhelmingly liberal in perspective, both in those they employ and in terms of the progressive education they profess.

Both of the above are detremental to the production of high quality students.

One need look no further than yourself to see what I am getting at (sorry to end a sentence with a preposition- but then you probably didn't notice it).

2. For any who are unaware of the battle between the two diametrically opposing viewpoints:

a. "A Conservative government would reinstate traditional styles of fact-based lessons, he told teachers at a conference at Brighton College in Sussex yesterday. It [progressive education] privileges temporary relevance over a permanent body of knowledge which should be passed on from generation to generation ..”
Children being failed by progressive teaching, say Tories | Education | The Guardian

b. The Little Red Schoolhouse, Manhattan: “Our experience nurtures social consciousness and ethical awarness…Drawing on the rich legacy of progressive tradition, we believe that education is organic, developmental and interactive process of growth encompassing all aspects of the child’s nature.”

Should I hazard a guess as to which type of schooling you were exposed?

So, my friend, (note the difference in the ways we each refer to the other) if and when you ever wonder why you are constrained to being the intellectual troglodyte that you have remained, thank a teacher.

When Gordon Roberts received the Medal of Honor, it was not a voluntary army.

But you are correct, it is a volunteer force.

Unless your ass volunteered, you should probably stop with the whole "why do you hate the military" bit.

Especially when you are seemingly advocating for expanding the mission of the military to a role that no one volunteered for (nor would most people).

Though that last bit remains a little vague, since your basically refuse to spell out just what you mean by "Democritization" and what the political and military ramifications of it are.

Even when asked nicely.

Democratization: Definition from Answers.com

But it seems that other Western leaders agree with the President, and it seems to coincide with a view that, ultimately, Afghanistan may be more authoritarian than democratic.

How are the terms mutually exclusive? I'd argue that the more democratic a government is the more authoritarian it is.

But it seems that other Western leaders agree with the President, and it seems to coincide with a view that, ultimately, Afghanistan may be more authoritarian than democratic.

How are the terms mutually exclusive? I'd argue that the more democratic a government is the more authoritarian it is.

Afghanistan is and remains a one party system.

To see the deleterious effects of that, look at the United States.

And, welcome.

Now for the schools in general,
1. They are overwhelmingly liberal in perspective, both in those they employ and in terms of the progressive education they profess.

Someone should really go tell the teachers I had that, one of which was so far to the right that he called the Civil War "The War of Northern Aggression".

So you don't want to comment on how Powell's assertion was incorrect?

Forum List

Back