Should the United States offer military assistance if North Korea invades South Korea

H. daniel

Rookie
May 26, 2010
Korean War started in June of 1950, when North Korea invaded South Korea...
The U.S. willingly sent troops to protect the liberty of South Korea.
After the 3-year war, the Korean peninsula was split in half - North and South.
With help from many nations, South Korea has developed enormously.

However, North Korea recently unleashed an indiscriminate attack on South Korea.
2 civilians and 2 marines were killed on the battlefield.
Yeon-Pyeong island that used to be so peaceful, has now turned into rubbles.

South Korea is currently full of anxiety that North Korea might attack again.
Many South Koreans are worried that a new war might break out soon.
Of course we cannot have another war, but what are we supposed to do if North Korea attacks again...?
Obviously our economy is in trouble, too. Korea? Many people do not even know where Korea is.
However, the United States of America and Republic of Korea are allies.
Like our grandfathers and fathers fought for the liberty of Republic of Korea, we believe that it is a duty to send troops for the peace and liberty of Republic of Korea.

North Korea is an organization that destroys global peace.
They are even developing missiles that can target the mainland United States.
Their nuclear development is threatening the entire world.
Something must be done to North Korea.

Besides the insane leaders in NK, who else could have an interest in seeing NK constantly stirring the waters of global peace? Kind of a 'no brainer'. Clue: two countries, for a start.

If any place needs to be taken out, it's North Korea, if they attack the south using nukes or not they should be eliminated. But no one has the balls, also, Screw CHINA, they aren't our friends and never will be and most likely are behind the scenes pulling NK's strings..

And does anyone think the United States would NOT help the South?

Duhhhhhh....:tongue:

Last edited:
Yes, if for no other reason then their are over 25,000+ Service Members in the area already. I think it is rather...self-explanatory what will happen if North Korea attacks, and South Korea responds. I believe the US, and a coalition of others, primarily nations that already help in Iraq/Afghanistan, will defend South Korea from North Korea.

I also doubt China will seriously step in to help North Korea. They do not seem to care much for South Korea, but I do not think they'd take the risk of fighting other nations for their aggressiveness.

I am not sure if a war will start, but I am surprised at South Korea's patience. They have had a ship sunk, and now had a island bombed. I do not see how they can hold on to peace much longer.

Ahh the fear is rampant.

I recall laying in the mud listening to the same strory in another country over there. It happened and now we are trading partners with them.

Last edited:
The question is CAN the WEAK US military do anything about N Korea...unlike how it lost in it's first encounter during the 1950s. In fact, did the US win ANY war alone other than the Spanish American war? Remember, you need soldiers, not these dumb ass retards you have in the military.

Remember, the US military cannot handle THIRD WORLD Afghanistan...where the Taliban has no airplanes, anti-tank weapons, rockets, etc. etc. and consists of untrained "farmers". All the weapons in the world can't help a military as dumbed down as the US.

And THAT is why the US will NOT fight N Korea: it is UNABLE to do anything other than bomb. By next year, when China finishes it's first line of weapons specif to the US fleet, America will be totally out of the picture. Those ancient battleships of the US will be extinct like castles were after cannons were deveoloped. Damn...Americans are DUMB.

We have close to 30000 troops in South Korea, if the North invades we WILL be involved. If the South attacks the North Obama will probably beg off helping. Of course Congress gets to declare war so he may not matter.

So tell me, would the US just ignore a belligerent that sank one of our troop ships and then shelled one of our cities and military bases? Because that is exactly what we are asking South Korea to do.

Forum List

Back