Should the United States go back to a top federal tax rate of 70%?

Should the United States go back to a top federal tax rate of 70%?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thank you Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez!!!

Poll: A majority of Americans support raising the top tax rate to 70 percent

Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-N.Y.) and her Republican critics have both called her proposal to dramatically increase America's highest tax rate "radical" but a new poll released Tuesday indicates that a majority of Americans agrees with the idea.

In the latest The Hill-HarrisX survey, which was conducted Jan. 12 and 13 after the newly elected congresswoman called for the U.S. to raise its highest tax rate to 70 percent, found that a sizable majority of registered voters, 59 percent, supports the idea.
If a majority of Muricans in polls favored throwing pinko progressives out of helicopters, do you think that would be a great policy to have?
No, but a 70% tax on the wealthiest Americans is a GREAT idea.

Why? Why does the answer always seem to be "find more money for the government" and never "have the government spend less money"?

Back in the day, when America was great, we had a 70% tax bracket.

And that's why many of the jobs are now in China.

If the income tax rate were 0%, the government would collect 0 dollars. If the income tax rate were 100%, the government would collect 0 dollars, because who would be stupid enough to create wealth?
No, the jobs are in China because Republicans wrote legislation that made it more profitable to move jobs to China.

That’s a fact.

Really? Would you like my factcheck link that says you are FOS? I have it right here if you need it.
Yeah, sure. Lol! Is it Breitbart or World News Daily?

Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-N.Y.) and her Republican critics have both called her proposal to dramatically increase America's highest tax rate "radical" but a new poll released Tuesday indicates that a majority of Americans agrees with the idea.

In the latest The Hill-HarrisX survey, which was conducted Jan. 12 and 13 after the newly elected congresswoman called for the U.S. to raise its highest tax rate to 70 percent, found that a sizable majority of registered voters, 59 percent, supports the idea.
If a majority of Muricans in polls favored throwing pinko progressives out of helicopters, do you think that would be a great policy to have?

It is if you want to destroy the country.
Yeah, right. Multimillionaires paying the current rate for their first 10 million dollars, but 70% of that 11th million dollars is going to ruin America. :auiqs.jpg:

Our gas and electric bills were much smaller than today (thank you environmentalists) and gasoline was about 80 cents a gallon.
Thank you Big Oil.

Big oil?

Not many products increased in cost as little as our fuel products. Comparing to the days you speak of, milk is ten times the cost as it was years ago, cereal the same thing, most food products actually. That goes for building materials, cosmetic items, and all durable goods.

As a truck driver, I can testify to what environmental regulations has done to the transpiration industry. I work for a small company (less than 14 employees) and yet my employer shells out tens of thousands of dollars every year on costs associated with the environmental regulations that have to be passed on to our customers; the people that produce the products we buy in the story every day.

DumBama was conned by his wife to create a regulation that forced all food servers to post calorie count on every item they sell. While it didn't make one fat kid skinny, it gave me an idea how we could use the same concept in a different way.

I think if I were Trump, I would force industry to put an environmental cost on every product they sell. If you buy a car for 25K, 10K of that went towards a greener car. If you buy a 1,200 lawn tractor, 200 bucks went towards making that tractor burn cleaner. If you buy a 1.25 dollar can of peaches, 10 cents went to producing that product greener.

The problem is with environmental cost, they are all intrinsic; you pay for it without knowing about it. Maybe it's time to understand how much "green" is actually costing us.

Yeah, right. Multimillionaires paying the current rate for their first 10 million dollars, but 70% of that 11th million dollars is going to ruin America. :auiqs.jpg:
So looting is A-OK, as long as you limit it to the really, really, really rich neighborhood....gotcha.
Call it whatever you need to call it in order to get your poutrage going. I’ll just be over here laughing at you.

Oh please. And which states complained the most with Trump's tax exemption on home loans? That's right, the people in liberal states where cost of living is so high that a 800K home is comparable to a 200K home everywhere outside of liberal states.

If the income tax rate were 0%, the government would collect 0 dollars. If the income tax rate were 100%, the government would collect 0 dollars, because who would be stupid enough to create wealth?
No, the jobs are in China because Republicans wrote legislation that made it more profitable to move jobs to China.

That’s a fact.

Really? Would you like my factcheck link that says you are FOS? I have it right here if you need it.

Comprehension problems? I said FACT CHECK .ORG. A very well known left-leaning source.

No "as if" about it...He's a commie moonbat.
Trump is doing that already with Republican help.

Do you favor withdrawing from NATO, comrade?
Another closet neocon comes bounding out!

Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld, Bolton, Kristol, and Boot all welcome you to the club.
Didn’t Democrats invent NATO?
Didn't democrats -including YOU- shit yourselves with Bush's warmongering?...Why, I believe I remember you did.

Now you're on their team...Sucks to be you, sucker.

No "as if" about it...He's a commie moonbat.
Trump is doing that already with Republican help.

Do you favor withdrawing from NATO, comrade?
Another closet neocon comes bounding out!

Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld, Bolton, Kristol, and Boot all welcome you to the club.
Didn’t Democrats invent NATO?
Why, yes. Yes they did.

E605AE72-05F9-4D83-B9C6-8F019FAC222A.jpeg

That’s a fact.

Comprehension problems? I said FACT CHECK .ORG. A very well known left-leaning source.
Ok, post the link. Lol!

Another failed talking point. Sometimes I think USMB is stuck in 2011.
Wait. So, spending less money is NOT an effective way to reduce the deficit/debt?
It is! We can start with the bloated Defense budget. We don't need billions of spending on new tanks.

Yes we do. The Russians have a brand new tank called the T-14 Armata have leaped ahead of the United States and the West in Tank technology. First production model was released in 2015, although full production to replace Russia's tank fleet has not started yet. Still though, that's way ahead of the United States and other Western countries. The last time the United Sates started mass producing a new tank was in 1981. Roughly the same time period for the United Kingdom and Germany. Germany is dusting of plans to build the Leopard III tank with France. The United States is still just upgrading the old M1 tank without any new firm plans to replace it. As a result, In the 2020s, NATO will have a much greater challenge in defending its eastern border especially in areas like Estonia and Latvia.

Forum List

Back