Should The U.S. Government Bale out California?

Given the backlash from the working (and voting) American against the runaway train initiated by the last major bailouts of banks, unions, industries, etc. etc., can you imagine the storm and fury if the Federal government now decides to bail out irrresponsibily managed states?

Nobody can make an addict give up gambling, get off cocaine, stop drinking, stop hoarding, stop irresponsible spending, or any other destructive behavior simply by giving him or her enough money to cover his/her debts upon his/her promise to mend his/her ways. Unless the person is determined to overcome the addiction and does the very difficult, even heroic work necessary to conquer it, no amount of outside influence is likely to make a difference.

Most states receiving stimulus monies so far have simply used that to shore up deficits and save government jobs and postpone making painful decisions.

We cannot spend ourselves rich.

Wondering where you are picking up your really wrong information about what conservatives, neanderthals or otherwise, have done

Uh, from further on in that article...

But the nickname accompanied Governor Brown as he declared his fascination with outer space, proposed that California launch its own space satellite

That IS NOT the reason "Moonbean" was coined with him. Stick with what Royko said. Anything else is just embellishing and should be considered "Urban Legend"

Not no.........but,

HELL NO.... & FUCK NO..... !!!!!!!

I hope they fucking go bankrupt and fade into obscurity! :evil:

They deserve.... NOTHING!

Wondering where you are picking up your really wrong information about what conservatives, neanderthals or otherwise, have done

But the nickname accompanied Governor Brown as he declared his fascination with outer space, proposed that California launch its own space satellite

Which of course is a world of difference than your original post on this fascinating topic, Mr. Space Command*:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...vernment-bale-out-california.html#post2915250

LiberalNut said:
Do you know why the conservabots called Brown "moonbeam"? This is a riot. Back in the early 70s, Brown had this whacked idea that we should like, get this, put a ring of, Omigod, I'm giggling when i think of it, satellites around the planet. LOL! Yeah, the idiot thought it would be a good idea to "beam" communications signals off these sattelites and thereby, what a moron, have near instantaneous global communications!

Can you believe it? No wonder the neanderthalls calling themselves conservatives came up with a cute derogatory name for the man!

I mean the wickedly sarcastic humor, 'This is a riot.' Like you are going to enlighten the unwashed.

s5g5dj.png

Which of course is a world of difference than your original post on this fascinating topic, Mr. Space Command*:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...vernment-bale-out-california.html#post2915250

LiberalNut said:
Do you know why the conservabots called Brown "moonbeam"? This is a riot. Back in the early 70s, Brown had this whacked idea that we should like, get this, put a ring of, Omigod, I'm giggling when i think of it, satellites around the planet. LOL! Yeah, the idiot thought it would be a good idea to "beam" communications signals off these sattelites and thereby, what a moron, have near instantaneous global communications!

Can you believe it? No wonder the neanderthalls calling themselves conservatives came up with a cute derogatory name for the man!

I mean the wickedly sarcastic humor, 'This is a riot.' Like you are going to enlighten the unwashed.

s5g5dj.png

Indeed...
tinhatani.gif

:lol:

Which of course is a world of difference than your original post on this fascinating topic

::chuckle::

I would suggest that the next time a know-nothing google's something they know nothing about, that they check more than one source. The NYT article has it wrong. It says "mmonbeam" is some Chicago parlance for some bullshit. That's wrong. Later it says that Royo can't remember when he actually coined the phrase. Well, I was like alive then and i do. It was the satelite thing.

Maybe click on the second and third link offered by google.

Which of course is a world of difference than your original post on this fascinating topic

I would suggest that the next time a know-nothing google's something they know nothing about, that they check more than one source. The NYT article has it wrong. It says "mmonbeam" is some Chicago parlance for some bullshit. That's wrong. Later it says that Royo can't remember when he actually coined the phrase. Well, I was like alive then and i do. It was the satelite thing.

How about this, though it's a bit late in the day for redemption, you post the link you wish to be viewed? It's sort of a tradition around these parts, like using the quote feature. I mean right now you just look sorta silly, know what I mean? :lol:

How about YOU provide rebuttal links from a source more credible than the NYT? That shouldn't be difficult to do if you have a clue what you're talking about. And no, as much as I hold the NYT in some disdain, I will not accept some leftwing I-hate-anything-conservative site as a more credible source.

And if you cannot do that, why don't we both get back on the thread topic?

Are you kidding? Jerry Brown had a speech recently promising free College tuition for illegal aliens.It looks like Brown and Barbara Boxer will win their races.So based on that alone California should be left to fail or succeed on their own.

Jerry Brown was and is, just plain weird.

Yep, the moonbeam that was a strick fiscal conservative and the repos hated him for it.:lol: But it is Conad the republican Destroyer that made California what it is today, so whats your excuse?

Last edited:

Translation: "I ain't got a thing", By Mr. Space Commander

Not no.........but,

HELL NO.... & FUCK NO..... !!!!!!!

I hope they fucking go bankrupt and fade into obscurity! :evil:

They deserve.... NOTHING!

Now that is an honest opinion in line with Cagirl. If we bail out Ca., who is next? We could start with repealing prop 13, and raise residence taxes across the board. A 1% tax on prime CA. land is ridiculous considering all the state has to spend on the property.

Proposition 13 (officially titled the People's Initiative to Limit Property Taxation)

The US bale out CA?

That would be very Christian of us. lololol

(first one to get it wins a pumpkin)
Christian Bale. Gimme my reps! :lol:

You can pick up your free pumpkin tomorrow. It'll be in the street in front of my house. I suggest you bring a sack.

Save those seeds!!! When returds get through with the nation you will need something to grow & eat. <<<------- Thats kind of a like a To-go or Take-out order.

Ad reminds Whitman who was governor 30 years ago

(CNN) – Look too quickly and one may think Meg Whitman, the GOP nominee for governor in California, is herself heaping praise on rival Jerry Brown in Brown's latest TV ad.

The new spot launching Tuesday opens with Whitman declaring, "30 years ago, anything was possible in this state."

The problem for Whitman, as Brown's ad quickly notes, is that Brown himself was governor of California 30 years ago.

The spot than lists a variety of Brown's accomplishments during his first tenure as governor from 1975-1983 before cutting back to Whitman saying, "It's why I came to California so many years ago."

The most recent polls show Brown, California's attorney general and the Democrats' gubernatorial nominee, with a high single-digit lead over Whitman.

Ad reminds Whitman who was governor 30 years ago &#8211; CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

Maybe Jerry will bring Cali back.. :)

(CNN) – Look too quickly and one may think Meg Whitman, the GOP nominee for governor in California, is herself heaping praise on rival Jerry Brown in Brown's latest TV ad.

The new spot launching Tuesday opens with Whitman declaring, "30 years ago, anything was possible in this state."

The problem for Whitman, as Brown's ad quickly notes, is that Brown himself was governor of California 30 years ago.

The spot than lists a variety of Brown's accomplishments during his first tenure as governor from 1975-1983 before cutting back to Whitman saying, "It's why I came to California so many years ago."

The most recent polls show Brown, California's attorney general and the Democrats' gubernatorial nominee, with a high single-digit lead over Whitman.

Ad reminds Whitman who was governor 30 years ago – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

Just as he was one of the arbitors that began it's demise when he was Governor before?

Dream on babe. It ain't happening.

(CNN) &#8211; Look too quickly and one may think Meg Whitman, the GOP nominee for governor in California, is herself heaping praise on rival Jerry Brown in Brown's latest TV ad.

Ad reminds Whitman who was governor 30 years ago &#8211; CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

The first thing jerry should do is stop paying federal tax revenues, raise property taxes 3% and lower income taxes by 5%, then take the "once" federal income deductions and turn them over to the state. One hard year and we would be free of the Leach-DC forever.

Does Texas pay any federal taxes? I don't think so.

(Alaska, Florida, Nevada, South Dakota, Texas, Washington and Wyoming impose no income tax.)

Last edited:

Forum List

Back