Should The U.S. Government Bale out California?

JamesMorrison

Oct 23, 2010
There are 3 states whose profligate spending and generous deals with public employees put them in danger of bankruptcy: NJ, NY, and CA.

NJ has started to address its spending problem with Gov. Christie, NY has yet to address it but come next year perhaps the new Governor will do so but CA is arguably worse off then both of them for two mains reasons. Its noble attempts at inexpensive higher education, generous benefit package for state employees, its own Cap and Trade and other public spending promise to deliver them unto penury. Second and probably more importantly is the very mindset of leftist dependency on the government shared by a significant amount of the CA electorate. If the populace has become so dependent on public spending and subsidies that the dreaded tipping point of no return to personal responsibility has been reached, should the rest of America bail them out? Would doing so present moral hazard writ large?

JM

Considering they are about to put Moonbeam back in office... I'd say they don't learn.

So....NO.

Hell no California shouldn't be bailed out. That would be political suicide for any politician (outside of California) who even went along with something that absurd.

We'd all be better off if that whole state just fell into the damn ocean already.

Do you know why the conservabots called Brown "moonbeam"? This is a riot. Back in the early 70s, Brown had this whacked idea that we should like, get this, put a ring of, Omigod, I'm giggling when i think of it, satellites around the planet. LOL! Yeah, the idiot thought it would be a good idea to "beam" communications signals off these sattelites and thereby, what a moron, have near instantaneous global communications!

Can you believe it? No wonder the neanderthalls calling themselves conservatives came up with a cute derogatory name for the man!

There are 3 states whose profligate spending and generous deals with public employees put them in danger of bankruptcy: NJ, NY, and CA.

NJ has started to address its spending problem with Gov. Christie, NY has yet to address it but come next year perhaps the new Governor will do so but CA is arguably worse off then both of them for two mains reasons. Its noble attempts at inexpensive higher education, generous benefit package for state employees, its own Cap and Trade and other public spending promise to deliver them unto penury. Second and probably more importantly is the very mindset of leftist dependency on the government shared by a significant amount of the CA electorate. If the populace has become so dependent on public spending and subsidies that the dreaded tipping point of no return to personal responsibility has been reached, should the rest of America bail them out? Would doing so present moral hazard writ large?

JM

Sounds like a verb to me?

vb
1. (Life Sciences & Allied Applications / Agriculture) to make (hay, etc.) into a bale or bales
2. to put (goods) into packages or cartons
3. Austral and NZ to pack and compress (wool) into wool bales See also bail out

Yep, bale it up and ship it out.

Do you know why the conservabots called Brown "moonbeam"? This is a riot. Back in the early 70s, Brown had this whacked idea that we should like, get this, put a ring of, Omigod, I'm giggling when i think of it, satellites around the planet. LOL! Yeah, the idiot thought it would be a good idea to "beam" communications signals off these sattelites and thereby, what a moron, have near instantaneous global communications!

Can you believe it? No wonder the neanderthalls calling themselves conservatives came up with a cute derogatory name for the man!

Well considering satellites had been around since the 50's, and lunar in the 60's, the name fits.

JM

Sounds like a verb to me?

vb
1. (Life Sciences & Allied Applications / Agriculture) to make (hay, etc.) into a bale or bales
2. to put (goods) into packages or cartons
3. Austral and NZ to pack and compress (wool) into wool bales See also bail out

Yep, bale it up and ship it out.

Of course not, it was their wreckless spending and policies that got them into this mess. They have shown that they won't change their "spots" if they were to be bailed out. Ca. has a unique group of liberals that doesn't understand financing.
So not just "no", hell no.

Are you talking of television by satellite, it was already old news by then. There had been TV satellite coverage since the mid 60's.

If you were talking of GPS, then it was already in place by 1973, before he came into office.

Jerry Brown was and is, just plain weird.

i dont think there's a choice in the matter. it does pose moral hazard, but notwithstanding, there's something worse about a US state defaulting in US dollars.

I think this is the second time NY has come for a government bail out.

They got the right answer the first time.

Well considering satellites had been around since the 50's, and lunar in the 60's, the name fits.

Luna 1

SPUTNIK

Are you talking of television by satellite, it was already old news by then. There had been TV satellite coverage since the mid 60's.

If you were talking of GPS, then it was already in place by 1973, before he came into office.

Jerry Brown was and is, just plain weird.

MoonBeam Brown is a nutcase. No wonder Linda Ronstadt left his ass.

Luna 1

SPUTNIK

I had them, but figure it best for trollman to find them himself.

Forum List

Back