should the rich be forced to pay more so us in the middle class can pay less?

i believe the rich should pay more just so i can pay less

• Total voters

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
Seems like pure theft to me. What say you?

Edit: This poll is in relation to the Democratic proposal in the Senate to pay for a middle class tax cut with a surcharge on the rich. Since most of us probably aren't rich I think I worded the poll correctly as most of us would benefit from this proposal.

Last edited:
Not so we can pay less. I'm fine paying what I'm paying. I'm fine paying more, as long as paying more is ACROSS THE BOARDS.

Which, of course, Grover Norquist's minions will never agree to.

Sorry, Gramps, but I can't answer the poll the way you've worded it.

I'm fine paying what I am.

I would like to see the wealthy pay more and have the money go for debt reduction.

Once we pay off our debt, they can have their tax cuts back

The majority of business owners are in upper tax brackets. The majority of the United States is middle class. So you want to tax the middle class more? The people that give business to these business owners? Wouldn't that lead to less money for the business owners as well?
How about we all start consuming less and living below our means? Would lead to a slow down of inflation.

• Banned
The majority of business owners are in upper tax brackets. The majority of the United States is middle class. So you want to tax the middle class more? The people that give business to these business owners? Wouldn't that lead to less money for the business owners as well?
How about we all start consuming less and living below our means? Would lead to a slow down of inflation.

So what your saying is you have tunnel vision and are incapable of thinking outside the box rationally.

No one said that ANY taxes needed to be raised to pay for things. Except the democrats. They get pissed when you try to take the binky away.

• Banned
The poll question would be the result if the dems in the senate had their way so why aren't you lefties voting? Put your money where your mouth is.

I'm fine paying what I am.

I would like to see the wealthy pay more and have the money go for debt reduction.

Once we pay off our debt, they can have their tax cuts back

Except that that will never happen. the more money the government takes in, the more it spends. We have a spending problem and not in income problem.

Spending problem not an income problem.......that would make a nice bumper sticker

Fact is our debt problem started when Reagan slashed taxes and did not cut spending.......same happened with Bush

Our debt is way too big to tackle with just spending. We need to roll back the Reagan/Bush cuts till we get debt under control

The poll question would be the result if the dems in the senate had their way so why aren't you lefties voting?

Because you worded it as "the rich should pay more just so that

I

can pay less." And that's a caricature, not an accurate statement of anyone's beliefs.

Nope. class warfare is never the right thing to dew. It's a leftist thang though.

i believe the rich should pay more just so i can pay less

Sorry, Gramps, but I can't answer the poll the way you've worded it.

True. Textbook example of leading.

The ‘rich’ should pay their fair share – no more, no less. The same for the middle and lower class.

The problem seems to be determining what is fair.

But no one advocates taking more from the ‘rich’ to benefit the middle class.

The notion of a ‘class war’ is a rightist contrivance.

The poll question would be the result if the dems in the senate had their way so why aren't you lefties voting?

Because you worded it as "the rich should pay more just so that

I

can pay less." And that's a caricature, not an accurate statement of anyone's beliefs.

Rich pay less than at any time in 70 years....it was supposed to mean more jobs

We all know how that turned out

Nope. class warfare is never the right thing to dew. It's a leftist thang though.

That's not true is it? Class warfare is fine and dandy when it's a One sided affair with your side attacking the poor and the Middle Class. When the poor and middle class fight back...then it's a bad thing.

The Federal Government doesn't have a revenue problem, it has a spending problem. Everyone knows this.

What idiotic and loaded wording. I can't vote on a "fixed" question like that.

How about this wording it to reflect the current code?

"Should the working class be forced pay more so the most wealthy can pay less?"
Or, turn your wording around,
"I believe the poorest should pay more just so I (the wealthiest) can pay less".

Why are pubs/bags so bent on their own destruction? Why are they okay with the wealthiest paying less and less while the working class supports more than their fair share?

What is wrong with all citizens paying their fair share?

And, WHY do rw voters support the criminals in the GObP/Repub party - to their own detriment?

Its just plain crazy and you fools are dragging the whole country right over your lemming cliff with you.

jwmann2
The majority of business owners are in upper tax brackets.

Not even close.

The disconnect is that the GObP/pubs consider bp and Bechtel "small businesses", or so they said last year when they were talking about how this class warfare AGAINST the working class was meant to benefit "small business".

Most businesses are owned by working class who have a dream of someday doing well enough to be in the "upper tax bracket". Meanwhile, against the wishes of the GObP/pubs ruling class, President Obama gave them, as well as ordinary working class citizens tax breaks.

Since then, the GPbP/pubs have filibustered every single bill that could help the working class AND the country, while they continue to throw buckets of YOUR money to the wealthy.

Here's an idea that would settle this for everyone involved.

Why don't the working class who believe we should subsidize the wealthy just go ahead and send them the extra amount? Nothing is stopping you from supporting the ultra-wealthy, as you keep saying you want to do.

Meanwhile, the rest of us will go right on, working our behinds off and paying our FAIR share in taxes. That way, everyone is happy and Boehner can go back to the golf course.

Forum List

Back