Should the 'Raped Women don't get Pregnant' theory be taught in science class?

Let's not forget Akin's theory was a rationalization for not letting a raped woman have an abortion.

The most extremist position of all.

Alongside Creationism?

It's a theory, afterall. We've been told many a time that since Creationism, aka Intelligent Design, is a theory, it belongs in science class...

Opinions, please.
First it's NOT a theory!
This is probably going to go WAY over your head as the physiology and reproductive functions are more complicated then you obviously can comprehend but...

I know you won't understand this in polite language so I've used Urban language for you..

The role of the cervical mucus(when a woman is gushing a sticky fluid) is to nourish, protect, and speed the sperm on its way up through the uterus and into the Fallopian tubes so that it can fertilize the egg and help you in getting pregnant.
Female orgasm (when a woman comes...)
that occurs close to the time of ejaculation, or after ejaculation, has also been found to slightly increase conception rates.
So if you have any understanding of conception/cervical mucus and sexual gratification then maybe you can understand what Akin was getting at.
That when violent, physical forced sex occurs there is less chance for sexual enjoyment one would assume!

Put another way, if a woman isn't enjoying it, she doesn't gush as much sticky fluid) and when the rapist comes, because the woman isn't gushing as much there is less chance of the rapist come stickin'! Hence less chance of pregnancy!

So what Akin was saying is IF a legitimate rape occurs, there is not as much sticky stuff exuded by the woman hence less chance of pregnancy!
BUT if the woman in the throes of pleasure comes several times and it's an enjoyable experience, greater chance of getting pregnant.
Then when she finds out that her consensual intercourse results in pregnancy some woman cry "RAPE"...thus illegitimate rape claim!

Check out the scientific explanation if you have the intellectual capacity AND integrity to find out the TRUTH!!!
The Importance of Cervical Mucus in Getting Pregnant | Articles about Trying to Conceive / Getting Pregnant

Cervical mucous is produced as a function of the menstrual cycle. Vaginal lubricant related to arousal is something altogether different.

YOU. STUPID. FUCK.

Shhh...... let horsie kick in it's stall. More fun to watch that way.

But it looks like horsie galloped off somewhere.

Alongside Creationism?

It's a theory, afterall. We've been told many a time that since Creationism, aka Intelligent Design, is a theory, it belongs in science class...

Opinions, please.

I'll tell ya something moron. I listened to one of the lunar astronauts being interviewed the other day. Know what he said? He's very scientific ya know. Has to be highly educated in science to become an astronaut. He said. and I paraphrase. "when you stand on the moon and look back at the planet earth, you know that there is a creator of the universe."

Well, I wouldn't disagree with anyone who thought that giving you a trip to the moon might make you smarter.

First it's NOT a theory!
This is probably going to go WAY over your head as the physiology and reproductive functions are more complicated then you obviously can comprehend but...

I know you won't understand this in polite language so I've used Urban language for you..

The role of the cervical mucus(when a woman is gushing a sticky fluid) is to nourish, protect, and speed the sperm on its way up through the uterus and into the Fallopian tubes so that it can fertilize the egg and help you in getting pregnant.
that occurs close to the time of ejaculation, or after ejaculation, has also been found to slightly increase conception rates.
So if you have any understanding of conception/cervical mucus and sexual gratification then maybe you can understand what Akin was getting at.
That when violent, physical forced sex occurs there is less chance for sexual enjoyment one would assume!

Put another way, if a woman isn't enjoying it, she doesn't gush as much sticky fluid) and when the rapist comes, because the woman isn't gushing as much there is less chance of the rapist come stickin'! Hence less chance of pregnancy!

So what Akin was saying is IF a legitimate rape occurs, there is not as much sticky stuff exuded by the woman hence less chance of pregnancy!
BUT if the woman in the throes of pleasure comes several times and it's an enjoyable experience, greater chance of getting pregnant.
Then when she finds out that her consensual intercourse results in pregnancy some woman cry "RAPE"...thus illegitimate rape claim!

Check out the scientific explanation if you have the intellectual capacity AND integrity to find out the TRUTH!!!
The Importance of Cervical Mucus in Getting Pregnant | Articles about Trying to Conceive / Getting Pregnant

Cervical mucous is produced as a function of the menstrual cycle. Vaginal lubricant related to arousal is something altogether different.

YOU. STUPID. FUCK.

Shhh...... let horsie kick in it's stall. More fun to watch that way.

But it looks like horsie galloped off somewhere.

What's scary is that healthmyths is one of the brains of the conservative operation around here.

I think it is already being taught in some school ditricts in Texas...

Yeap, In Texas according to THEIR school books Slavery never existed,it was international trading.

Texas has the dubious distinction of (perhaps) being the only nation/state in the history of the world to secede TWICE in order to protect its right to slavery,

once from Mexico, once from the US.

Alongside Creationism?

Opinions, please.
First it's NOT a theory!

Wow. Not only was that not was Akin was saying, but what you've cited doesn't preclude a pregnancy from occurring due to a rape.

How unsurprising that you'd have to lie about not only what he said but about that what you've cited can somehow, magically, be construed as a 'defense mechanism' against rape.

Your scientific illiteracy tastes ranks right up there with your rank intellectual dishonesty.

THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT AKIN SAID!!!
It seems to me, first of all, from what I understand from doctors, that's really rare. If it's a legitimate rape, the female body has ways to try to shut that whole thing down. But let's assume that maybe that didn't work or something. You know, I think there should be some punishment, but the punishment ought to be on the rapist and not attacking the child.
GOP Rep. Todd Akin Criticized For Rape Comment : NPR
Again taken totally OUT of CONTEXT ...LIKE "UNCHAINED"!!!!

Akin says that if it wasn't consensual sex, but actual physical totally against the woman's will (LEGITIMATE), sometimes NATURE will NOT allow conception to occur.
So Akin asks a logical question, JUST because the woman is inconvenienced by a pregnancy why should a human being DIE??:??
Seems like a legitimate statement:
All Things Considered host Melissa Block talks with Nick Baumann of Mother Jones magazine about the belief at the core of Missouri state Rep. Todd Akin's furor-raising statement over the weekend: that "legitimate rape" rarely leads to pregnancy.
The belief that hormones or adrenaline protect women from conception during rape has been perpetuated for decades in American political discourse, without scientific basis.
BAUMANN: So, as far as we can tell from CDC and medical studies and Planned Parenthood's released some numbers of their own, there are tens of thousands of pregnancies from rape in the U.S. each year. And about 5 percent of women who are raped get pregnant. About half of those pregnancies end in abortion..
Examining The Truth About Rape And Pregnancy : NPR

First it's NOT a theory!

Wow. Not only was that not was Akin was saying, but what you've cited doesn't preclude a pregnancy from occurring due to a rape.

How unsurprising that you'd have to lie about not only what he said but about that what you've cited can somehow, magically, be construed as a 'defense mechanism' against rape.

Your scientific illiteracy tastes ranks right up there with your rank intellectual dishonesty.

It seems to me, first of all, from what I understand from doctors, that's really rare. If it's a legitimate rape, the female body has ways to try to shut that whole thing down. But let's assume that maybe that didn't work or something. You know, I think there should be some punishment, but the punishment ought to be on the rapist and not attacking the child.

Akin says that if it wasn't consensual sex, but actual physical totally against the woman's will (LEGITIMATE), sometimes NATURE will NOT allow conception to occur.
So Akin asks a logical question, JUST because the woman is inconvenienced by a pregnancy why should a human being DIE??:??
All Things Considered host Melissa Block talks with Nick Baumann of Mother Jones magazine about the belief at the core of Missouri state Rep. Todd Akin's furor-raising statement over the weekend: that "legitimate rape" rarely leads to pregnancy.
The belief that hormones or adrenaline protect women from conception during rape has been perpetuated for decades in American political discourse, without scientific basis.
BAUMANN: So, as far as we can tell from CDC and medical studies and Planned Parenthood's released some numbers of their own, there are tens of thousands of pregnancies from rape in the U.S. each year. And about 5 percent of women who are raped get pregnant. About half of those pregnancies end in abortion..

No, you prevaricating turd, the idiocy of his statement was the claim that the body has a way to 'shut that down' in the case of 'legitimate rape'.

It doesn't.

Go learn some basic human physiology.

You're claiming Lee and Johnson didn't make their crazy fuck comments????

right wing propaganda

What does that have to.do.with the topic on hand? Damn. Stay on point, will you...

The topic at hand is a statement made by an idiot and was bashed by most everyone in his party. So do tell, since it was bashed as an uneducated comment why are you defending a post which no one subscribes to as something that should be taught? So the jump would be that any idiot making a comment, no matter which party, it should be taught as fact and assumed it should be believed.

List of senators calling on Akin to quit keeps growing - POLITICO.com

Romney: Akin’s Comment ‘Inexcusable’ - By Robert Costa - The Corner - National Review Online

GOP chair: Akin should drop out, skip convention – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

Alongside Creationism?

Opinions, please.

Only if we give equal time to the "Guns kill people" theory.

Opinions, please.

You're a fucking idiot.

ROTFL.gif

No, you prevaricating turd, the idiocy of his statement was the claim that the body has a way to 'shut that down' in the case of 'legitimate rape'.

It doesn't.

According to
"It has been known that cervical mucus can enhance or impede the passage of spermatozoa through the cervical canal. Cervical mucus consists of 2 major fractions, an insoluble gel or mucin, and an aqueous phase containing the soluble components (lipids; fatty acids; prostaglandins; trace metals; proteins; enzyme inhibitors, and immunoglobulins). Mucins are glycoproteins which are characterized by a proportion of more than 40% carbohydrates distributed along the peptide core. Ultrastructure studies of cervical mucin using transmission electron microscopy suggest either a filamentous or honeycomb-like structure. It has also been suggested that the structural integrity of cervical mucin is partly dependent on its sialic acid content, which is increased in midcycle mucin. This raises the issue concerning the type of mucus secreted by the cervical mucosa and whether the structural change of the mucin observed at midcycle is due to the transfer of sialic acid by sialyltransferase to the glycoprotein molecules by the mucin in the cervical canal. If the role of the cervical mucus in the capacitation of the spermatozoa and the mechanism of fertilization is established, it might explain some cases of infertility and cervical cancer, and may be useful in the development of alternative forms of contraception.
Cervical mucus: its structu... [Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol. 1980] - PubMed - NCBI

NOW you piece of stuff the better of which ran down your mom's leg..
DO YOU comprehend that if a woman LIKES what is happening to her SHE EXCRETES MORE FLUID.. MORE FLUID ENHANCES sperm!
Dumb F...k!

So if a legitimate RaPE such as what you have to do to get your jollies off, means more times than not, the woman will NOT enjoy it especially from YOU!
If they don't enjoy, then mucus is diminished!
But in your simple rape oriented mind you assume IT IS ALL or nothing!
AGAIN there are going to be RAPES where the sperm do get through and the woman WAS violently treated and even though NO enjoyment SPERM could travel and
impregnate!

BUT as AKIN was pointing out, charging "RAPE" when a woman may have originally had consensual (for you an impossibility!) sex and she became pregnant is wrong!
The supposedly "raped" woman had second thoughts and that makes her cry of "rape" illegitimate"!
BUT again in all your limited maybe two times experiences... there was less chance of your diminished sperm count and quality traveling well as NO enjoyment was
possible by your rape victim and therefore little if ANY mucus was released which as again the physiology points out "aids in sperm travels"!

It doesn't.

According to
"It has been known that cervical mucus can enhance or impede the passage of spermatozoa through the cervical canal. Cervical mucus consists of 2 major fractions, an insoluble gel or mucin, and an aqueous phase containing the soluble components (lipids; fatty acids; prostaglandins; trace metals; proteins; enzyme inhibitors, and immunoglobulins). Mucins are glycoproteins which are characterized by a proportion of more than 40% carbohydrates distributed along the peptide core. Ultrastructure studies of cervical mucin using transmission electron microscopy suggest either a filamentous or honeycomb-like structure. It has also been suggested that the structural integrity of cervical mucin is partly dependent on its sialic acid content, which is increased in midcycle mucin. This raises the issue concerning the type of mucus secreted by the cervical mucosa and whether the structural change of the mucin observed at midcycle is due to the transfer of sialic acid by sialyltransferase to the glycoprotein molecules by the mucin in the cervical canal. If the role of the cervical mucus in the capacitation of the spermatozoa and the mechanism of fertilization is established, it might explain some cases of infertility and cervical cancer, and may be useful in the development of alternative forms of contraception.
Cervical mucus: its structu... [Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol. 1980] - PubMed - NCBI

NOW you piece of stuff the better of which ran down your mom's leg..
DO YOU comprehend that if a woman LIKES what is happening to her SHE EXCRETES MORE FLUID.. MORE FLUID ENHANCES sperm!
Dumb F...k!

So if a legitimate RaPE such as what you have to do to get your jollies off, means more times than not, the woman will NOT enjoy it especially from YOU!
If they don't enjoy, then mucus is diminished!
But in your simple rape oriented mind you assume IT IS ALL or nothing!
AGAIN there are going to be RAPES where the sperm do get through and the woman WAS violently treated and even though NO enjoyment SPERM could travel and
impregnate!

BUT as AKIN was pointing out, charging "RAPE" when a woman may have originally had consensual (for you an impossibility!) sex and she became pregnant is wrong!
The supposedly "raped" woman had second thoughts and that makes her cry of "rape" illegitimate"!
BUT again in all your limited maybe two times experiences... there was less chance of your diminished sperm count and quality traveling well as NO enjoyment was
possible by your rape victim and therefore little if ANY mucus was released which as again the physiology points out "aids in sperm travels"!

None of which has fuckall to do with what I posted, and you're STILL misrepresenting what Akin said.

There is no biological/physiological mechanism in females for 'shutting the whole thing down' when it comes to insemination and rape.

And cervical mucus? Here, fuckpuppet, read it for yourself: http://www.cervicalmucus.net/

Does it hurt? Being such a pathetically dishonest twunt? Or does your rank stupidity help to ease the pain?

Last edited:
Alongside Creationism?

Opinions, please.

Should Partisan Hacks, who bring up things one wack Job said and try and paint a whole Political Party with that same Brush be ignored?

Opinions please.

Why don't we ask Senator Akin to clarify the matter for us?

Oh wait...okay...maybe we can ask Senator Mourdock...

oh wait...let's ask Vice President Ryan...

oh wait...okay...what the heck...

...let's ask President Romney!!!!

lol, as the guy said, people should know when they've been conquered...

Forum List

Back