Should the Presidents be removed from the dollar?

Should we remove the Presidents from the dollar?

• Total voters

Kevin_Kennedy

Defend Liberty
Aug 27, 2008
In the thread http://www.usmessageboard.com/congress/126800-keep-grant-on-the-50-bill.html there was a discussion going on about whether Ronald Reagan should replace Ulysses S. Grant on the $50 bill, and I suggested that we should simply remove the faces of all Presidents (and people in general) from the dollar.

Would you support this?

It seemed like quite a few people thought this was a good idea, which surprised me, so I was wondering how the rest of USMB felt on this.

If you think the Presidents should be removed, what do you think they should be replaced with? I said remove all people from the currency, but Epsilon Delta suggested people like Mark Twain (who I wouldn't personally be opposed to) or Henry David Thoreau. I personally think that animals or some kind of scenery would be the best thing to have on our money.

No, I do not think we should remove the Presidents from our money.

No, I do not think we should change Grant either, if we start changing who is on the money, next thing you know someone will want BO on one of the Bills and that would suck for the next 100 years!

Yes.

Our money was much more attractive before we started plastering presidents all over it.
images

images

images

images

images

What would come of the slang name for our money, i.e., "dead Presidents"? Besides if you took the President's off of the currency what would you replace them with, cartoon characters? I hope I'm dead and gone before they put Owe Bama on any of our money, that is, unless they come up with a $3.00 bill.

Why don't we do what some other countries do and put non-political famous people on our money?

It'd be nice to see Edgar Allen Poe, or Mark Twain or Nikola Tesla on our money.

ABSOLUTELY NOT...
Why would you want to do that. They are tributes to our past and the people that led this great nation. What possible reason could you have for removing the presidents? Do we hate our past that much?

ABSOLUTELY NOT...
Why would you want to do that. They are tributes to our past and the people that led this great nation. What possible reason could you have for removing the presidents? Do we hate our past that much?

No, I don't "hate our past," whatever that even means. I don't, however, have any respect for the Presidents, and see no reason to honor them by having them on our currency. If it must be people then it should be people that we can actually be proud of, rather than professional politicians. I think the suggestions of Mark Twain and Edgar Allan Poe are excellent.

And what about Hamilton? Our non-presidential portrait!

The bigger question should be "Do we need to remove 'In God we Trust' from our currency?"

And what about Hamilton, our non-presidentail portrait?

The better question should be "Should we remove the 'In God We Trust' from our currency?"

um Franklin is on a bill, he wasnt a POTUS
who cares whos on it, as long as it has value

How very true! And that is really the main issue isn't it? Is it worth anything? And more and more currency is becoming used less and less in this country. Is it time to go to an economy that works soley on credit/debit cards and checks? Think of the money it would save the government in printing and coining money.

How very true! And that is really the main issue isn't it? Is it worth anything? And more and more currency is becoming used less and less in this country. Is it time to go to an economy that works soley on credit/debit cards and checks? Think of the money it would save the government in printing and coining money.
electronic funds are much easier to deal with, and you're right, it WOULD save the government(AKA TAX PAYERS) a ton of money

Reagan was no better than Grant. The argument could be made that they were both equally corrupt but I won't make it because to a frew of you sloths Reagan might as well be Jesus. It's all pointless anyway. The U.S. typically names denominations, tanks, you name it after cowards and murdering, corrupt genocidal maniacs. Nothing you can do about it so don't bother complaining.

OK, OK, OK. Here's the solution to this problem. Beginning tomorrow, when the Treasury opens up, they will begin to print our new money. This is what is going to be pictured on each bill:

$1.00 = Dude
$2.00 = Plymco_Pilgrim
$5.00 = WillowTree
$10.00 = Count Dracula
$20.00 = Strollingbones
$50.00 = xotoxi
$100.00 = Gunny

And what about Hamilton? Our non-presidential portrait!

The bigger question should be "Do we need to remove 'In God we Trust' from our currency?"

I would definitely say Hamilton needs to go. "In God we trust" doesn't bother me personally.

Forum List

Back