Should the President Make $20 Million a Year?

He lives as well as any billionaire while hes president. I don't feel bad.

Maybe we should first find one worth the 400 grand we're paying now.
We sure aren't getting our money's worth on this guy.

in your opinion. you understand that half the country disagrees, right?

which is way better than the 28% approval for the last guy.

just sayin'. not that i don't think hillary would have been better, but if you think the rightwingers hate the president, i'm going to guess they'd be making hillary out to be a murderer....

again. :cuckoo:

It wouldn't matter if it had been Jesus(D) elected. As long as that (D) is there, they will try to frame him as an unmitigated failure.

I'm somewhat disappointed in this POTUS. But it takes a special kind of hackery to declare he's actually worse than the last boob we had in there...
Then you can call me special.

Translation of NYCarbineerese: Waaaaaahhhhhh!!!!! Somebody is more successful than MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do you dispute the tremendous value added by public education to Ellison's workforce? Can you prove otherwise?

Considering the income levels of the jobs created by Oracle, the taxes paid by them more than cover the cost of public education.

It must be very sad to go through life so worried that somebody else is more successful than you. I mean, really. How can you stand it?

Riddle me this TMN,

How on earth do you get through each day without putting a bullet in your brain?

*concerned*

boe

I have never desired to kill myself or anyone else.

Why would you think I would?

Your view of the world is just so appalling, it's a wonder that you can stand to live in it.

A self-respecting person wouldn't - so there's my answer.

Translation of NYCarbineerese: Waaaaaahhhhhh!!!!! Somebody is more successful than MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There's the nutshell people.

Boedicca doesn't think Ellison is overpaid; she thinks teachers are overpaid.

Ellison took a risk and has been rewarded for it. Far more entrepreneurs fail than succeed - he is one of the fortunate ones. I will acknowledge that, in the current environment, Ellison is being overly enriched by the anti-business climate fomented by Obama. Smaller companies are not as able to compete due to the increased taxes and regulations. Mega Corps can afford them. Entrepreneurs can't.

What you want it to provide people who are unwilling to take risks with the same level of income as those who do. That's corrupt.

Yes because Presidents are poor... Obama was well off before becoming president but in the next ten years I'd bet he will be looking at near 100million $. So what's the problem?

I keep hearing that we should bring government workers' compensation more in line with private workers. Never mind that it already is, but just for the sake of argument, if we are going to pay the public sector like the private sector, shouldn't we pay the President as much if not more than the CEO? After all, he's more important than any CEO! So let's pay the President $20 million a year.

Larry Ellison made $85 million in 2009, so $20 million is a bargain!

20 highest paid CEOs - Larry Ellison: $84.5 million (1) - CNNMoney.com

Don't forget the senior members of his cabinet. If they are paid like private sector Veeps, that's a few more million each. They only seem to want government workers to be paid like the private sector when it will drag government workers down the the pittance that the private sector pays it's rank and file.

I keep hearing that we should bring government workers' compensation more in line with private workers. Never mind that it already is, but just for the sake of argument, if we are going to pay the public sector like the private sector, shouldn't we pay the President as much if not more than the CEO? After all, he's more important than any CEO! So let's pay the President $20 million a year.

Larry Ellison made $85 million in 2009, so $20 million is a bargain!

20 highest paid CEOs - Larry Ellison: $84.5 million (1) - CNNMoney.com

That only applies to people who have real world experience.

Do you dispute the tremendous value added by public education to Ellison's workforce? Can you prove otherwise?

Considering the income levels of the jobs created by Oracle, the taxes paid by them more than cover the cost of public education.

It must be very sad to go through life so worried that somebody else is more successful than you. I mean, really. How can you stand it?

You're the one crying that teachers, of all people in our society, are overpaid.

How can you stand being that envious? Your typical conservative contempt for education is pretty sad.

Oh, so you don't mind taxes covering the cost of education. How about the cost of the educators?

Why don't you want to cover their cost?

You're the one crying that teachers, of all people in our society, are overpaid.

How can you stand being that envious? Your typical conservative contempt for education is pretty sad.

I'm not crying. I just don't care to have my pockets picked to support people who don't show up for work and lie about it.

Oh, so you don't mind taxes covering the cost of education. How about the cost of the educators?

Why don't you want to cover their cost?

I'd rather see parents keep their money so they can send their children to the schools of their choice.

I mind tax money being wasted - which is the case with much of what is spent on education. We spend more than double (in constant dollar terms) per student now than was done in the 60s, with much worse results.

You have not demonstrated that spending more improves education.

I just heard last night on the history channel it costs like 1.5 billion dollars a year to live like the president if you include security and air force one maintenance. Maybe we really should only give him 20 million a year. Works for me.

Just think how much we'd save if we just scrapped that one public sector job. :eusa_eh:

Forum List

Back