Should the NY Yankees be disbanded?

Polishprince

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2016
If the statues of Robert E. Lee and Kate Smith are removed for their histories of Racism, the Yankee ball club also should be terminated and their facilities in the Bronx razed to the ground in favor of building new Tenement housing for the city's minority population.

The racism of America's sports empires is not so well known, but it wasn't that long ago that blacks were banned from playing.

If We Cancel Kate Smith, We Must Cancel The New York Yankees

I've hated the Yanks since 1961....despise them, wish their plane would hit the Dallas Cowboys' plane over the Grand Canyon.....nothing left but bones after the coyotes were done with em. I winged a (foul) ball I'd caught during batting practice once at Whitey Ford on the mound in Tiger Stadium...he was whiffing Tigers and looking over at Clete Boyer at 3b and chuckling....just missed his head.....the crowd hid me from the ushers after I turned my jacket inside out. He didn't chuckle at Boyer again that day.

But seriously, they've gone through long droughts without winning anything despite their payroll and past behavior of stealing FA from lesser teams. Can you buy a pennant? Sure you can if you remember it's the support players who usually decide who wins a ring. Ol Yankee George (from Cleveland) was a bizarro...remember his imaginary "fight" nobody else saw in an elevator? Their television contract pays all the bills....every ticket, parking spot, cap, t-shirt, beer, and hotdog are profit.

Smash em....split their players up between the Mets and send the rest to Montreal for a new Expos team....make the players speak French and wear short pants.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back