Should the mainstream, status quo parties be nervous about Ron Paul yet?

The Ron Paul who whines about earmarks but never met one he didn't take for his own district?

The Ron Paul who whines about term limits but made a career out of congress?

:rofl:

You should really read up more about him before making and epic size fool of yourself.

RP does not like earmarks but as he states, the money is taken from us so I have to get it back until I can't stop it from being taken. Then, as someone said above, RP votes against the bill.

Same goes for his term limits, he wants to limit how long someone can be in congress but there is only one way he can ever manage to get rules like that passed and that’s to be in congress until the rule is changed. That would be like me saying "so you believe in gloabal warming and yet you drive your car to work everyday." You would claim that until things change you can only work to change them.

So, your attacks on RP like so many others are weak and desperate. Your attack is aimed at the politically lazy people because they won’t bother to look any deeper than they are told.

Take your own advice junior. I created this thread during the Republican Presidential Primaries and was shocked to find out what a porker Radical Paul was! In the original post, I listed links to my RELIABLE sources!

You should do your own HW!

***Disclaimer: I created this thread back in April of 2008 on another board, so some could be outdated***

http://www.cagw.org/site/DocServer/S...pdf?docID=3024

Senate:
(1) Thad Cochran - Fake Republican out of MS - #1 - $846 million
(13) Clinton - Why am I not surprise she is so high - $296.2 million (This is obviously before she became secretary of State)
(20)Harry Reid- Preach how wasteful the war is, but you waste $259.3 million yourself
(21) Dick Durbin - Please Sauerberg beat this guy (sorry to say Steve lost), he is bleeding IL dry - $256.3 million
(33) Ted Kennedy - One of the worst Americans alive (but now he is dead)- $192.1 million
(34) Lieberman - Yep he is still a Democrat -$149.4 million
(38) Kerry - $138.8 million
(60) Obama - I was actually pleasantly surprised how low he was. However, I am skeptical that it is so low because he hasn't been in office long and his campaigning has interfered with his senate job. - $97.4 million (obviously when he was a senator)

Bottom of the List with a big $0 - that is not spending a cent for all of you slow people!
McCain and Feingold!
Now that is true fiscal conservatism!

The House
http://www.cagw.org/site/DocServer/H...pdf?docID=3022
in the Millions
(1) Wicker - $176.3
(3) Murtha - $159.1
(7) Biden - $139.9 (for his little shitty state)
(19) Pelosi - $91.2
(23) Hobson - $88

Ron Paul - $22.7 million for his tiny district (tiny in size, population, revenue generation, business locals and importance to the country)- middle of the list not sure the number- I was very surprised. You would figure this guy would practice what he preaches and spend nothing (like McCain did), but I guess he is just a politician. There were 276 representative that spent less, including 10 that spent $0!

Here is a list of '08 presidential candidate that spent less than Ron Paul and the number of space they beat him by:
Tancredo - $17.6 - 52 lower
Duncan - $15.9 - 75 lower
Kucinich - $8.1 - 182 lower
Graves - $6.7 - 196 lower

Shocking Ron Paul!

don't confuse him with facts. lol..

Last edited:
The Ron Paul who whines about earmarks but never met one he didn't take for his own district?

When you really listen to the guy..he comes off as a loon. He's constantly talking about economic collapse and must really think this country has 13 colonies..

He's probably the only member of congress who actually knows what the constitution means. The people who provide the economic stats to the public are doing everything they can to make the numbers look rosy yet Paul is trying to warn of the impending doom that is about to occur. Considering the medias half baked theories and feel good stories, the mountain of deception being thrown at us, we'll likely have little warning when the financial meltdown occurs. Yeah, he does come off as abrasive. That hurts him, imo, but not the substance.

Keep on looking at those rosy reports though if it makes you feel good.

Last edited:

When you really listen to the guy..he comes off as a loon. He's constantly talking about economic collapse and must really think this country has 13 colonies..

He's probably the only member of congress who actually knows what the constitution means. The people who provide the economic stats to the public are doing everything they can to make the numbers look rosy yet Paul is trying to warn of the impending doom that is about to occur. Considering the medias half baked theories and feel good stories, the mountain of deception being thrown at us, we'll likely have little warning when the financial meltdown occurs. Yeah, he does come off as abrasive. That hurts him, imo, but not the substance.

The economy has either been in the tank, a ticking time-bomb or a bubble about to pop all 25 years of my life, where do people's confidence come from? The few left that are living off daddy's trust fund?

Answers below in red!

1.) The Fed is unconstitutional, so you either take the document seriously or you don't. We'll never go long periods without economic disaster with the fed in place. - Don't talk to me about constutionality boy and we are not talking about constitutionlity we are talking about electability. This stance is not a popular won, regardless of any argument Ronnie can make that its unconstitional.

2.) All those agencies are just evidence of us excusing how big government has gotten. Yea I hate those FBI agents that keep us safe! Hell lets just get rid of the military, because that is away popular with Republicans! :lol:

3.) If Obama's reverend doesn't make him unelectable, neither will the letter or a hundred letters. LOL Junior, are not aware that there is a doubel standard between Democrats and Republicans associations? LOL. Are you not aware there is a double standard between White and Black politician associations? Reading these letter, which would happen if he won the nomination, would be too damaging to a White Republican politician, the Obama might win texas!

4.) I've already addressed this, besides many decades of voting down spending and big budgets should trump that a million times over. LOL, when he directs tens of millions of ham sandwiches to his tiny meaningless district, he doen't have decades of voting down spending! You trump nothing!

5.) If Ron Paul ran on providing an enormous tax cut that would take the place of this military spending spree I think a lot of people would buy into it, maybe not.
Running on and doing are two different things junior!:eusa_whistle:

6.) Handled perfectly, it's not the american taxpayer's job to save Sudan or Rwanda.
OK Junior! This goes under the I may believe it, but saying it makes me look like an asshole and can only lose me votes not win them!

7.) Department of education started in 1979, schools never needed it before, don't now. Our education system is a pathetic joke, radical change is necessary.
Might be true, but privatizing completely education, isn't going to help Radical Paul look less Radical! See you are arguing why you think he is best Junior. Rather than convincing anyone why you think he will win and appeal to all Americans!

8.) Yes his age is a huge concern, being a doctor though I'd be more confident in his health at this age than most others. It's probably something he's taken seriously and McCain recently running probably helps him.
He doesn't look like a spring chicken. I remember watching him time after time ask for the questions to be repeated during the last primary debates (when none of the others asked for repeats) because he couldn't hear. Doctors are only doctors, not miracle works. They can't work miracles people including themselves! McCain age was an obstacle, and Ronnie was older than him!

The man is a radical compared to the norm, exposing that will only help him.
So by giving mass amount of ammo for the attack ads and claims he is radical is supposed to help him? :confused: With that reasoning a racist can help stop the perception that he is a racist by constantly calling people ****** and saying blacks are genetically inferior to white? :confused::lol:

We're both predicting. The silly lol's when you aren't really laughing out loud aren't necessary but I get your points.

It's not something that will be tested about because no matter what, including votes, he's not going to be the man at the end running against Obama.

You are trying to argue two different things. The point of your thread, by saying should the mainstream be nervous, means you think he has a legit chance of winning. Yet you then go on to argue why you think he is the best. Being the best candidate and electability are two different things!

Answers below in red!

We're both predicting. The silly lol's when you aren't really laughing out loud aren't necessary but I get your points.

It's not something that will be tested about because no matter what, including votes, he's not going to be the man at the end running against Obama.

You are trying to argue two different things. The point of your thread, by saying should the mainstream be nervous, means you think he has a legit chance of winning. Yet you then go on to argue why you think he is the best. Being the best candidate and electability are two different things!

I asked a question if they should be nervous, that doesn't mean I think he has a legit chance of winning.

"It's not something that will be tested about because no matter what, including votes, he's not going to be the man at the end running against Obama."-I think that states my view pretty clearly.

If the american public took voting records seriously he'd win easily, but the most important thing is the hollywood and image stuff, so I agree he isn't very electable.

We should be as lucky.

Still, the GOP remains stocked to the gills with neocons and fundie prigs, who've dragged the party so far to the nanny-statist left that it's sickening.

I agree, but at least this is a good sign. They might even have to pass some more legislation like they did after Perot to make sure their gridlock remains in place.

I was pretty much laughing during every 2008 republican debate (didn't watch the democrat debates) because how obvious it was who the media wanted to win. Let's just ask Romney and McCain question after question after question. I'm not just saying this because I'm a Ron Paul supporter, they didn't even give Mike Huckabee a chance to answer anything either.
They did after most of the laggards dropped out and the Huckster was merely there to sandbag Romney.

It was, however, obvious that Fox was pulling for Ghouliani, while pushing the old schoolers like Dr. Paul, Tancredo and Hunter to the back of the bus.

More like pushed off & under the bus & backed over a few times.

Thank you! That's the pussification of America right there. We have the tendency to put lipstick & a dress on a pig & forget it's still a pig at the end of the day.We have become a nation of spoiled brats & tattle tails who don't want to hear the the truth &/or can't handle it when we listen.Nobody wants to face that fact that no empire lasts forever.I see RP as the only one looking at our financial crisis with common sense & the only one learning from not just our own history but our world's history.In other words,let's nip this in the bud before we become another Rome,France,Mongolia,etc.

I don't agree with all of RP's views or all the things he wants to cut but tough shit. He may be saying something totally different than what I'm hearing but what I hear is that we can't afford it.

Helping other countries-can't afford it.We have are own problems to deal with right now,we will get to you later IF we can.

Fed cuts,budget cuts,program cuts,etc.-...can't afford it.

As a father of 5 kids in today's world,I have my fair share of troubles. Sometimes we have to cut back on going to the movies or out to eat & my kids huff & puff about it but tough shit,deal with it.Sometimes sacrifices have to be made for the greater good.Bottom line,RP seems to be the only one who is addressing the cause & not just the effect.

Ron Paul is despised by the establishment right, aka, the big military/imperialist/war mongering right.

The "establishment right" just appointment him to the House Finance Committee, so despise is not the correct word. Rather they wouldn't want him as their candidate for commander and chief!

Ron Paul is despised by the establishment right, aka, the big military/imperialist/war mongering right.

He's also despised by the big military/imperialist/war mongering left that wants to warmonger Afghanistan into oblivion, he'd never stoop to the military decisions Obama made when he got into office.

He's also despised by the big military/imperialist/war mongering left that wants to warmonger Afghanistan into oblivion, he'd never stoop to the military decisions Obama made when he got into office.

Obama escalated the war in Afghanistan with plenty of support from the GOP. His only opposition was the left wing of the Democratic Party.

Obama escalated the war in Afghanistan with plenty of support from the GOP. His only opposition was the left wing of the Democratic Party.

Correct, so the majority of both parties wouldn't want Paul as commander in chief, he's not a big enough warmonger for either side.

I would just like to point something out. Earmarks add NOTHING to the budget. NOT A PENNY!

They allot finances from an ALREADY APPROVED budget to specific uses. Otherwise that money would go directly to the President, and he would decide how to spend it. "Pork" is part of being a responsible representative body.

Now to the point of the post: I like Ron Paul. I would vote for him if he ran. I do think he has an unhealthy trust of the "free market", but he's honest, doesn't take Corporate bribes/campaign contributions, cares about limiting executive tyranny, wants to stop the military-industrial complex killing machine, and will essentially legalize everything that should never have been a crime in the first place.

Forum List

Back