Should The Left Just Admit They Don't Support The Troops?

Discussion in 'Middle East - General' started by Bonnie, Jul 12, 2005.

1. Bonnie

Bonnie Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +669
    The Left doesn't support the troops and should admit it
    Dennis Prager

July 12, 2005

link
    http://www.townhall.com/columnists/dennisprager/printdp20050712.shtml

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
    At least the left has accepted the fact that troop bashing is NOT PC and so far avoided it yet they certainly ONLY support troops who are safely home in thier barracks or filling up sandbags for flood control. No doubt our troops can tell the difference between who really supports them and those attmepting to appear PC. Another transparent scam.

3. Gunny

Gunny Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,770
    "I support you, but I am against everything you are doing and every reason you have for doing it." :dunno:

4. Abbey Normal

Abbey Normal Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +391
    Exactly.

As husband leaves for work in the morning, we hear the wife say:

"Honey, you know how much I hate the firm you work for, and how much I despise the work you are doing for it. It's wrong and completely immoral. In fact, I have zero respect for your boss, who I think is a total idiot and should be fired immediately. I wish he would lose all the contracts he currently has, and the company would fold. Oh, but I do support you, dear. Have a great day at work!"

:bsflag:

5. deaddude

deaddude Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +77
    This is pretty much just dogma. You having access to your mind/emotions/whatever know whether you support the troops. Not have access to the mind ect of the liberals you are denounceing you do not know whether they support the troops or not.

It is very easy to say that someone who you do not like is doing something just to be politically correct, it is very difficult to prove that you aren't saying it out bias.

It is dogma.

6. Bonnie

Bonnie Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +669

If it is dogma then it needs to be disputed. He makes some very good points that I have yet to see any in the anti-war movement put to rest or answer to. I think he makes common sense arguments. It is not my desire to dislike anyone, but I am concerned when I read that some are disrupting recruitment stations which goes beyond making a political statement and puts all of us in jeopardy. I am concerned when the statements that can be seen as treasonous made by protestors and people in government who should know better, can have a negative impact on troop morale putting them and us in jeopardy. Sorry but we don't have the luxury of fucking around here with political ideology that goes beyond simple expressions of dissent, or cry baby power grabs.

7. Gabriella84

Gabriella84 Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Yes, I must now admit that I don't support the troops. I don't want them to do their jobs in Iraq.
    Instead, I would rather they come home and not get shot at. I don't want them to keep fighting a war that they have no chance of winning. I would much rather have Johnny hand off his rifle to Ali and say "dude, it's your country, you defend it. You have the supplies and training. We're outta here."
    Instead, I am sure you will see Bush out there urging American to stay the course.
    "My fellow Americans, we must stay and fight, until we have made Iraq safe enough that Halliburton can come in and spend billions of dollars rebuilding the infrastructure. My friend Dick Cheney will be out of a job in a few years, so he seriously needs the money."

8. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403

appreciate the honesty !

9. Fmr jarhead

Fmr jarhead Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +103
    ...and the naivete....too be young and full of energy, and no idea what you are doing...the good old days!

10. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403

hmmm :laugh: and just old enough :rotflmao: