Should The Government Cut Back On Welfare Benefits or Should They Be More Generous?

all i see is the establishment denying and disparaging the least wealthy but claiming poverty is an Individual problem.
all i see is the establishment denying and disparaging the least wealthy but claiming poverty is an Individual problem.

If it's not an individual problem, then who's problem is it?
The People who are tasked with this civic "mission" in life:

We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

The welfare system is way too large right now, and discourages work by the generous payments it gives out, and the way it is structured. If we were to cut welfare benefits, the government would save money through less welfare funding, and earn more money through income taxes since more people would be getting jobs via the discouragement of living off a super small pay-check.
actually they aren't ... welfare by it self has dropped in numbers ... what has gone up is food stamps which isn't welfare ... if you look at the numbers by them selves you will see people who are working jobs get food stamps too .... yes people on welfare get food stamps ... but its not a automatic, they still have to apply for food food stamps... what I've seen is, the right does this all the time, they will combine food stamps and the welfare system then say see welfare is going up when clearly the food stamp program has gone up ...

I don't see the difference. It's still taxpayer money that's being used. Food stamps are worse because the program is now so over bloated. On out of every seven Americans being fed by taxpayers is way too much for me. It's uncalled for.

I don't think your types do see the difference ... here are the differences ... welfare is money that a person receives from the government to live on ... rent that sort of thing .... or would you rather see them lying in the street in front of your home...

food stamps are designed to help people to feed them selves ... you don't have to be on welfare to get food stamps to get food stamps you can be a person working 2 jobs but not getting enough money to buy food for your family.... most of your types think only food stamps go to peopler on welfare ... thats thats not the case ...

you say the program is over bloated ... this maybe true ...why is it over bloated ... could it be caused by republicans voting down minimum wage increases could that be the reason they are forsed to be on food stamps???? HUMMMMMMMM ??????

the point I was making is your types really don't get what's going on ... all they see is what they call their money going to worthless people

Yep, and that's it: it's what we see. So let me tell you what I've seen.

I've seen those food stamp people in front of me at the grocery store. They buy food I would never afford for myself, whip out the card, and I'm paying for it. Afterwards, they put their cigarettes, bags of dog food, cat litter, cat food, beer, flowers, greeting cards on the belt, and then whip out a wad of cash and pay for it that way.

I've seen these overgrown people--some with multiple children with two carts of food at times. I've seen the vehicles they drive when I make my few purchases and follow them out into the store parking lot. Then they load their goodies into their SUV with vanity license plates.

I remember two years ago when I had to evict a family. They were getting further and further behind on rent. The male of the household worked, but he didn't make enough money to support his family, The female stayed home supposedly home schooling their two children. They were unmarried to game the system better.

When I suggested that she get a part-time job on the weekends to catch up on rent, she blew it off because she was getting $200.00 a month in food stamps. If she went to work and earned income, that would interfere in her benefits.

These were people with three cats and a large dog. They both smoked and even provided cigarettes to their daughter who was a little to young to get a job and buy her own.

So we taxpayers were paying for their food, and the couple was paying for their pet supplies and bad habits.
heres what I see when I see liars like you... that cash is what they work for .... the so called wad is for their entire month they work for ... you seem to think that they can't buy food for their pets... you feel they aren't allowed to have a pet because they are getting food stamps .... you think just because they can't earn enough money from two jobs that they can't have these thing .... cigarettes which I believe nobody should ever be allowed to have, but they do ... beer why can't they have beer ??? they are paying for it with their own money that they worked for not tax payers dollars ... why do you think they can't have these things..... whats your reasoning??? because they get food stamps???

finally you are so full of shit and lie so much it sicking ... Suv really??? with personalized plates really???an you know that it was theirs and not a friends or their parents??? you sure generalize a lot
when you get benefits and you get 1 dollar more then allowed you are curt off ... for their family to survive then can't make more money. or work for that extra dollar ... they will lose all of their benefits health care, food stamps, everything they get just because the worked you idiot... my best friend worked his whole life he's 63 now .... he has had 9 heart attacks .... he is on SSDI and gets medicare and medcaid he needs it ... he had his leg removed, one lung, 18 inches of his colin, and a golf ball size kidney stone removed ... he needs it ... what you don't understand here if they have a chance to make extra money, say for instance answering phones, the would get say 1000 dollars month, he will lose all his benefits.... they are taken away ... this is why they won't work for the 200 dollars you idiot... they will lose everything ... maybe you don't feel they shouldn't be allow to have these things, well thats why we disagree ...

i believe social safety nets should accomplish a market recognizable goal. solving simple poverty by solving for capitalism's natural rate of unemployment through a social bailout; could easily be accomplished by the "will of the People".

i believe social safety nets should accomplish a market recognizable goal. solving simple poverty by solving for capitalism's natural rate of unemployment through a social bailout; could easily be accomplished by the "will of the People".
gobbly gook !!!!!

Forum List

Back