Should the government cap actors' pay?

I have no idea, but isn't BP a British company?

Ben Affleck has made some pretty awful movies. But that's not the point. Not all CEO's suck at their job either.

BP is a multinational corporation. But I mentioned Carly Fiorina, too. She screwed up at HP like nobody's business.

It's not just about not sucking at their job. It's about profit creation. And yes, Affleck has made some horrendous films, but in the main, he's a big box office draw...

How many people buy a product BECAUSE of who the CEO is? It becomes an issue for me when failed CEO's get so much money in golden parachutes that companies try to cut worker benefits. How do you hand a failed CEO a check for millions and then turn around and tell your workers you're cutting their pensions/health coverage/salary increases?

I think that's the point they were making.

What a load of nonsense.

Fiorina had the guts and foresight to acquire Compaq for a largely complacent HP which fed off of the printer business. Now, HP has quite a good PC business which is nicely profitable.

There's also quite a bit of fiction in the CEO to worker multiple. For GAAP reporting, companies are required to expense stock options, even if the executive received absolutely ZERO cash by selling them.

Yes, there are some very wealthy CEOs - but the average Main Street type of CEO doesn't earn anything near this multiple.

You shall only be paid x number of dollars no matter how much you think you deserve more. Is that what you want? Or is just other peoples pay that you want the government to regulate?
I have no fixed formula for adjustments in mind at this time and it will take the abilities of skilled economists to derive one. But it's clear that elimination of regulations which have taken place since Ronald Reagan took Office have severely upset the balance of this Nation's wealth distribution and adjustments needs to be made to restore that balance to the levels that attended the period of our greatest prosperity.

There is no good reason why a tiny percentage of the population should be permitted to exploit the aforementioned deregulations and hoard wealth in the multi-billions of dollars while one out of every forty-five working class Americans is facing mortgage foreclosure. Something is definitely wrong here and it needs to be fixed.

The status of the American Middle Class must be restored.

oh fucky bul pokey .... just plain old horese shit. It's called legalized robbery. thieves love it.
If I earn it it's mine not your's rat bastard mine just as anyoine else if that earned it be it by the sweat of their back or the money they took a chance with to invest it, it's their money. Fuck you the government anyone who thinks wealth distribution is an honest system.

Last edited:

Ben Affleck has made some pretty awful movies. But that's not the point. Not all CEO's suck at their job either.

nothing in your reply addresses her post

BP is a multinational corporation. But I mentioned Carly Fiorina, too. She screwed up at HP like nobody's business.

It's not just about not sucking at their job. It's about profit creation. And yes, Affleck has made some horrendous films, but in the main, he's a big box office draw...

How many people buy a product BECAUSE of who the CEO is? It becomes an issue for me when failed CEO's get so much money in golden parachutes that companies try to cut worker benefits. How do you hand a failed CEO a check for millions and then turn around and tell your workers you're cutting their pensions/health coverage/salary increases?

So, because some CEOs suck, we should punish them all? Perhaps the government should regulate everyone's pay?

nice deflection idiot

So, because some CEOs suck, we should punish them all? Perhaps the government should regulate everyone's pay?

you're ignoring the point and going to the extreme...

you think a failed CEO should suck millions out of a corporation in golden parachutes? or you think their pay should at least be linked to profitability?

why do you bother dealing with such idiots?

oh fucky bul pokey .... just plain old horese shit. It's called legalized robbery. thieves love it.

If I earn it it's mine not your's rat bastard mine just as anyoine else if that earned it be it by the sweat of their back or the money they took a chance with to invest it, it's their money. Fuck you the government anyone who thinks wealth distribution is an honest system.
You've been brainwashed by Limbaugh, Hannity, Beck and/or other propagandists in the employ of the emerging corporatocracy and you've become one of their trained sheep. What you don't realize is it will be a matter of time before the effects of what they are up to will reach to you.

You don't realize it now but you are your own worst enemy.

You've been brainwashed by Limbaugh, Hannity, Beck and/or other propagandists in the employ of the emerging corporatocracy and you've become one of their trained sheep. What you don't realize is it will be a matter of time before the effects of what they are up to will reach to you.

You don't realize it now but you are your own worst enemy.

again bull shit you've been brain washed by progressivism Communism stalin Castro Moa Marxs. wealth distribution is nothing but legalized theif. Yur money does not belong to me, but if you want to give it to me PM me for address.

again bull shit you've been brain washed by progressivism Communism stalin Castro Moa Marxs. wealth distribution is nothing but legalized theif. Yur money does not belong to me, but if you want to give it to me PM me for address.
Why are you so convinced that your economic level will be the target of a distribution adjustment? I don't have the impression that you are among the super-rich.

Again, you've been seduced by corporatist propaganda and you've become a soldier in service to those who are working diligently to eliminate the American Middle Class. Can't you see what they've already done? If you haven't been touched by it yet it's just a matter of time.

So why not stop cursing and calling names and try to participate in an intelligent discussion. You might learn something of value.

Why are you so convinced that your economic level will be the target of a distribution adjustment? I don't have the impression that you are among the super-rich.

Again, you've been seduced by corporatist propaganda and you've become a soldier in service to those who are working diligently to eliminate the American Middle Class. Can't you see what they've already done? If you haven't been touched by it yet it's just a matter of time.

So why not stop cursing and calling names and try to participate in an intelligent discussion. You might learn something of value.
I really don't give a shit about who is targeted if they can target others sooner or later I will become the target.

So why not stop cursing and calling names and try to participate in an intelligent discussion. You might learn something of value

Debate? What is there to debate? wealth redistrubution and taxes are just fluff names for legalized thievery. If the government is powerful enough to give you everything you want, they are also powerful enough to take it away when other peoples money runs out.

Debate? What is there to debate? wealth redistrubution and taxes are just fluff names for legalized thievery. If the government is powerful enough to give you everything you want, they are also powerful enough to take it away when other peoples money runs out.
You're obviously being misled by right wing propaganda. What you need to understand right off the bat is unless you have amassed a hoard of wealth in the millions of dollars range you will not be significantly affected by adjustments in the tax code. And if your level of income is in the middle class range you won't be affected at all. Not now and not later. And those who are telling you different are lying to you to further their own objective, which is to impoverish and destroy the middle class and restore the Robber Baron era that existed in the 1920s and 30s.

I don't know your age or social status, but you should research and compare the income levels of the average working class American before and after FDR's New Deal, which was the wealth redistribution program that gave rise to the American Middle Class and put an end to the grinding poverty that prevailed from the turn of the Century. And it is likely that you've benefited significantly from it but don't even know it.

What you need to know is the New Deal introduced a progressive tax rate with a 91% maximum level, which primarily affected the wealth hoarders but not the average wage earner. If you are an average wage earner and you are leading a relatively comfortable life it is likely you wouldn't be were it not for the redistribution effect of the New Deal.

What has happened in the decades since Ronald Reagan, the corporatist puppet, took Office is the upper level of the income tax rate has gradually declined from 91% to 15%.

The progressive income tax rate of $200,000 annual income, or more:

1950 - 91%

1980 - 70%

1985 - 50%

1987 - 38%

2004 - 35%

2011 - 15%

http://www.taxfoundation.org/files/f...y-june2010.pdf

The effect of those adjustments is what we are seeing today -- the near collapse of the economy, massive unemployment, an unmanageable national debt and the rise of the second Robber Baron class of super-rich wealth hoarders.

Those, the so-called "Conservatives," are whom you need to worry about. Not the Progressives. Unless you are a very rich man the Progressives are on your side and you should understand that.

Forum List

Back