Should the FCC force FOX to warn viewers about GOLD

LOLOLOL!

Did anyone stop and figure out that when you DIE, your children have to pay an ENHERITANCE AND/OR AN ESTATE TAX? Now, not saying anything that isn't known by those of us who want to pass on as much of our acquired wealth as we can to our children, BUT Gold, and SILVER, for that matter, are relatively easy to sell for CASH when one wants to. Seems, a K-rand here, or an American Eagle there, are quite easily converted, and IF you live in a larger city where there are MANY buyers out there, you can go around and find out who pays the top dollar. You already know what an oz. of gold is worth on the commodities market, and, if you have been buying from a dealer, over time, you already know what the SPREAD is between buying and selling, (even check out prices on e-bay!), and considering what the GOV'T takes off the top, perhaps looking at gold at it currently LOW (by the last few years rate) would be a nice thing to put away a 1 oz. piece per month, just as a little GIFT that your children can open up a box and see all just sitting there!

Anything that you can do to PRESERVE for your children what should be naturally theirs, and not infringed on by the gov't is a PLUS in my book. Your thoughts?

Uummmmm, the feds don't tax inheritance at all and they don't tax the estate unless it's over a certain amount based on married and single rates. I believe it's 5 million for single and ten million for a couple then the tax rate starts at 35%.
Only 6 states impose inheritance tax and two of those states also tax the estate, Maryland and New Jersey.

And how many times have those laws changed over the last 30 years?... Especially with so many states in financial trouble and BILLIONS in the hole?
Considering my current situation with both my parents passing in the last months I've done some research and many states that had inheritance taxes have dropped them in the last decade.
Now if some of the inheritance is tied up in investments then there is a tax if those accounts are liquidated.

Uummmmm, the feds don't tax inheritance at all and they don't tax the estate unless it's over a certain amount based on married and single rates. I believe it's 5 million for single and ten million for a couple then the tax rate starts at 35%.
Only 6 states impose inheritance tax and two of those states also tax the estate, Maryland and New Jersey.

And how many times have those laws changed over the last 30 years?... Especially with so many states in financial trouble and BILLIONS in the hole?
Considering my current situation with both my parents passing in the last months I've done some research and many states that had inheritance taxes have dropped them in the last decade.
Now if some of the inheritance is tied up in investments then there is a tax if those accounts are liquidated.

That's exactly my experience with my mother's estate (last surviving parent).

Ya know, like they do with cigarettes? For example, before they air the commercials to buy GOLD, just have Greenscam or someone say, "Uhhh, please be advised that consumers buying GOLD coins are scalped when they buy and scalped when they sell." Seems fair. Similar to the junk pharmaceuticals they advertise for that have side-effects much worse than any disease.

Been thinking about the buy gold commercials lately watching more Fox than the others (better Israel coverage.) Find it amusing how they're emphasizing the risky nature of paper money to sell gold. But what currency are they accepting for the more reliable gold? Paper you say? Huh. :)

Ya know, like they do with cigarettes? For example, before they air the commercials to buy GOLD, just have Greenscam or someone say, "Uhhh, please be advised that consumers buying GOLD coins are scalped when they buy and scalped when they sell." Seems fair. Similar to the junk pharmaceuticals they advertise for that have side-effects much worse than any disease.

Do they have a warning about the possibility of stocks crashing, as they did in 2009?

I don't watch many other news networks but if the FCC allows ambulance chasing lawyers to guarantee law suits against drug companies for the legal use of a legal product while the drug companies are advertising the product at the same time anything is possible.

I don't watch many other news networks but if the FCC allows ambulance chasing lawyers to guarantee law suits against drug companies for the legal use of a legal product while the drug companies are advertising the product at the same time anything is possible.

The FCC has nothing in the fucking world to do with drug companies or approving anybody's advertising.

And Fox Noise is a cable channel anyway.

The FCC has nothing in the fucking world to do with drug companies or approving anybody's advertising.

I expect that the FCC has a role in determining the legality of ambulance chasing law firms to advertise about suing companies about the legal use of their products while the companies are legally advertising the use of their product but maybe not. It seems as if the FCC and the EPA and the NSA and the CIA and all the bloated three digit competing federal agencies are competing with each other while low information left wingers are waging war against a single news agency.

I expect that the FCC has a role in determining the legality of ambulance chasing law firms to advertise about suing companies about the legal use of their products while the companies are legally advertising the use of their product but maybe not. It seems as if the FCC and the EPA and the NSA and the CIA and all the bloated three digit competing federal agencies are competing with each other while low information left wingers are waging war against a single news agency.

Well you expect wrong. The FCC regulates who gets on the airwaves. What's in anybody's commercials is neither in their interest nor their authority, since advertising is not broadcasting. Nor are any of the other alphabets named involved in that. You might want to try the FTC.

FCC has never regulated any broadcaster's content except to the extent that you can't libel somebody or run a lottery.

Last edited:

And fox isn't news - its entertainment.

I've harped about this in the past and the RWs don't get it: the Repubs sold out journalistic integrity a long time ago. That's why its now possible to have an entertainment network passing itself off as "news" with a Muslim Arab oil mogul controlling the programming.

Anyone who wants to learn how that happened and who controls our news now just needs to watch the documentary, Orson Rolls In His Grave.

If a Muslim Arab mogul controlled the programming Fox would not be telling the truth about hamas. It would be the same as MSNBC.

Maybe YOU got scalped when you bought and sold gold, but buying NON-NUMISMATIC gold is very easy to do, and you don't get "scalped" if you know what the hell you are doing.

Silver is even easier to buy.

If Fox wants to do people a favor, they should issue a warning about PAPER MONEY before they talk about the U.S. dollar.

I've harped about this in the past and the RWs don't get it: the Repubs sold out journalistic integrity a long time ago. That's why its now possible to have an entertainment network passing itself off as "news" with a Muslim Arab oil mogul controlling the programming.

Anyone who wants to learn how that happened and who controls our news now just needs to watch the documentary, Orson Rolls In His Grave.

LIBERALS are the best entertainment around, and they entertain the rest of us FOR FREE!

Only the LIBERALS don't understand that they are living, breathing JOKES.

:lol::badgrin::eusa_clap:

What, pray tell, is MSNBC?

What, pray tell, is MSNBC?

Nope, no hijacking the thread.

Watch the documentary.

Instead of trying to change the subject of the OP, watch the documentary.

1937496_10152605293634061_6284028094352490639_n_zps5cdda62c.jpg

Just open your mind and watch the documentary.

10547621_828019137218072_704671076200540966_n_zps08a277e8.jpg

LIBERALS are the best entertainment around, and they entertain the rest of us FOR FREE!

Only the LIBERALS don't understand that they are living, breathing JOKES.

:lol::badgrin::eusa_clap:

What neither of you seems to get is none of them are news.

Fox News saved America. It has the only libertarian show on TV. Fox brought back America's political philosophy after liberals almost succeeded in burying it. What could be more heroic than that.

Fox News saved America. It has the only libertarian show on TV. Fox brought back America's political philosophy after liberals almost succeeded in burying it. What could be more heroic than that.

"Saved"? From what?

Liberals invented America's political philosophy. Ask the nurse to explain it to you when your meds come. Or give Thomas Freaking Jefferson a phone call. :rolleyes:

:cuckoo:

Forum List

Back