Should the FCC force FOX to warn viewers about GOLD

and they should force certain people from using the internet next I suppose

Ya know, like they do with cigarettes? For example, before they air the commercials to buy GOLD, just have Greenscam or someone say, "Uhhh, please be advised that consumers buying GOLD coins are scalped when they buy and scalped when they sell." Seems fair. Similar to the junk pharmaceuticals they advertise for that have side-effects much worse than any disease.

I've spent nearly 20 years working in the markets, and it bothers me immensely when anyone touts any investment based on its past performance. So many people get sucked into buying things before they lose a lot of money.

Fox is particularly bad for gold because it plays into the ideology of it's viewers, but it isn't unique. Many networks touted houses in the mid-00s and tech stocks in the 90s.

Remember CNBC being a platform for scam artists hyping the Y2K nonsense! I forget when but at some point they instituted a disclosure rule that reminded viewers what stocks the scam artists had significant holdings in or had a significant short position.

LOLOLOL!

Did anyone stop and figure out that when you DIE, your children have to pay an ENHERITANCE AND/OR AN ESTATE TAX? Now, not saying anything that isn't known by those of us who want to pass on as much of our acquired wealth as we can to our children, BUT Gold, and SILVER, for that matter, are relatively easy to sell for CASH when one wants to. Seems, a K-rand here, or an American Eagle there, are quite easily converted, and IF you live in a larger city where there are MANY buyers out there, you can go around and find out who pays the top dollar. You already know what an oz. of gold is worth on the commodities market, and, if you have been buying from a dealer, over time, you already know what the SPREAD is between buying and selling, (even check out prices on e-bay!), and considering what the GOV'T takes off the top, perhaps looking at gold at it currently LOW (by the last few years rate) would be a nice thing to put away a 1 oz. piece per month, just as a little GIFT that your children can open up a box and see all just sitting there!

Anything that you can do to PRESERVE for your children what should be naturally theirs, and not infringed on by the gov't is a PLUS in my book. Your thoughts?

Uummmmm, the feds don't tax inheritance at all and they don't tax the estate unless it's over a certain amount based on married and single rates. I believe it's 5 million for single and ten million for a couple then the tax rate starts at 35%.
Only 6 states impose inheritance tax and two of those states also tax the estate, Maryland and New Jersey.

LOLOLOL!

Did anyone stop and figure out that when you DIE, your children have to pay an ENHERITANCE AND/OR AN ESTATE TAX? Now, not saying anything that isn't known by those of us who want to pass on as much of our acquired wealth as we can to our children, BUT Gold, and SILVER, for that matter, are relatively easy to sell for CASH when one wants to. Seems, a K-rand here, or an American Eagle there, are quite easily converted, and IF you live in a larger city where there are MANY buyers out there, you can go around and find out who pays the top dollar. You already know what an oz. of gold is worth on the commodities market, and, if you have been buying from a dealer, over time, you already know what the SPREAD is between buying and selling, (even check out prices on e-bay!), and considering what the GOV'T takes off the top, perhaps looking at gold at it currently LOW (by the last few years rate) would be a nice thing to put away a 1 oz. piece per month, just as a little GIFT that your children can open up a box and see all just sitting there!

Anything that you can do to PRESERVE for your children what should be naturally theirs, and not infringed on by the gov't is a PLUS in my book. Your thoughts?

Uummmmm, the feds don't tax inheritance at all and they don't tax the estate unless it's over a certain amount based on married and single rates. I believe it's 5 million for single and ten million for a couple then the tax rate starts at 35%.
Only 6 states impose inheritance tax and two of those states also tax the estate, Maryland and New Jersey.

And how many times have those laws changed over the last 30 years?... Especially with so many states in financial trouble and BILLIONS in the hole?

LOLOLOL!

You know someone dumb enough not to hire a lawyer and avoid the Inheritance Tax?
I don't.

Buying gold was the smart move about 20 years ago. Silver used to be around $30 oz but dropped down to around $19. Is silver a smart buy?
It was in 2009. Sold for $9. In 2010 it was at 45. Now, its down to 18

LOLOLOL!

You know someone dumb enough not to hire a lawyer and avoid the Inheritance Tax?
I don't.

You must be a lawyer....:badgrin::badgrin:

Buying gold was the smart move about 20 years ago. Silver used to be around $30 oz but dropped down to around $19. Is silver a smart buy?

I bought some 50 oz Silver bars at 4.75 an ounce and coins at 5.25 an ounce, but that was in the 70's....:badgrin:

Just have to remember where I put it, darn part timers :(

At least gold has intrinsic value. It's up to investors to take a gamble that it's value will go up. Why blame Fox? Enron came into power during the 90's (which president was that?) and sold junk stock on TV. Where was the federal government regulators during the Clinton administration? Enron was brought to justice during the Bush administration.

LOLOLOL!

So spend a thou on some gold that you can sell for six hundred.

Yer a goddamn genius, Vagisil.

Only a moron would sell gold that far below spot. You must do all your business at the pawn shops. Coin shops are far more legit and pay fair prices.

LOLOLOL!

So spend a thou on some gold that you can sell for six hundred.

Yer a goddamn genius, Vagisil.

Tell you what, you old whore, I'd buy all the 1 oz. pure gold you have at $1100....want to make 10%? ..... That's what happens when you're a stupid ****, who thinks she KNOWS everything, and knows nothing!

Folks calm down. GOLD is a fucking manipulated hoax. There are a number of ways to actually make money though using the established markets. Basically doing the opposite of what CNBC hacks like Jim Cramer says for one.

Why single out Fox? Either the ads are legal or they aren't? Don't we have enough federal agencies to determine it? You almost gotta laugh when prescription drugs are advertised on one channel and a law firm suing the prescription drug manufactures for injuries resulting from the legal use of the product on another channel.

It's funnier when they're on the same channel the same day. Ads for testosterone boosters, ads for suing the people selling testosterone boosters.

Easy rule to follow: Never buy ANYTHING advertised on cablenews channels, or talk radio.

What the fuck does the FCC have to do with the content of a cable channel?

Do you maybe mean the FTC?

Last edited:
LOLOLOL!

I don't.

We paid no inheritance/estate tax, and we didn't need a lawyer.

Not just Fox and not just gold.

While we've all been slinging mud at each other, the FCC has been watered down to a mere shadow of what it once was and what it was meant to be.

I've written this so many times before but if even one person thinks about this, its worth it.

It used to be that we could trust our media. There was a hard line difference between news and entertainment. Right or left, you all know this is no longer true.

PLEASE watch Orwel Rolls In His Grave. Yes, it concerns Fox but it applies to all media. Right, left and all the nuances in between. As Americans, we need to KNOW what our media has become.

Just open your mind and watch it. The link is below.

OrwellRollsInHisGrave ? A film by Robert Kane Pappas

At the high level Leveson inquiry in the UK, Ex-Prime Minister, John Major, stated under oath today that Rupert Murdoch, a non citizen, demanded that the government change its policies or we (the Murdoch organization) would oppose him. Major’s government didn’t and Murdoch then supported Labour, who won the election. This seems to directly contradict Murdoch’s testimony at the Leveson inquiry – that he never asks for anything from a Prime Minister. Major complained that this is against the idea of one person one vote; Murdoch controls one third of the British Media, and hence wields huge political power.

The striking thing here is that Murdoch also controls about one third of the US Media, vertically integrated across network and cable TV properties, newspapers, movie studios, book publishing and the internet. For the corporate news media pundits and politicians to ignore what is going on in the UK, and to not point to the obvious parallels between Murdoch’s techniques in the two countries is extraordinary. He literally brainwashes 30% of the US, demands who knows what from politicians, and the public hears not a peep.

Orwell Rolls in His Grave - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Orwell Rolls in His Grave is a 2003 documentary film written and directed by Robert Kane Pappas. Covered topics include the Telecommunications Act of 1996, concentration of media ownership, political corruption, Federal Communications Commission (FCC), the controversy over the US presidential election of 2000 (particularly in Florida with Bush v. Gore), and the October surprise conspiracy theory.

The film has previously aired on Free Speech TV, a non-profit TV station based in Denver, Colorado and Link TV.

Last edited by a moderator:
When one runs a web search on "Free Speech TV" one does not find a TV station. One finds a privately funded (Georgie, where art thou????) cable network. Totally outside the jurisdiction of The FCC. It's disingenuous to refer to a cable outfit as a "TV station".

When one runs a web search on "Free Speech TV" one does not find a TV station. One finds a privately funded (Georgie, where art thou????) cable network. Totally outside the jurisdiction of The FCC. It's disingenuous to refer to a cable outfit as a "TV station".

Exactly what I was saying about Fox Noise. Indeed neither one has what you and I would call a transmitter. Better described as a TV "service".

"Orwell" is a fine piece of work though about the nature of what we call 'mass media' without even thinking of the religious overtones of that term. It should be required watching for all citizens. Matter o' fact I think I'll write my Congresscritter right now and demand that he introduce such a law for everybody under penalty of death.

clockwork-orange.png

You mgiht say it's an eye opener.

Forum List

Back