Should the BBC be shut down?

Questioner

Nov 26, 2019
From my perspective, it's primarily just a propaganda network for uneducated or barely educated people, who aren't aware of much of what the law actually is in their own country of residence, merely serving to keep them ignorant and inundated with archaic 19th century propaganda. Which I'm sure, as is most mass media, is marketed to the K-12 or 6th grade reading level, more often than not simply because it sells or tells a simplistic but inaccurate story which the ignorant swallow not because it's "true" in any inherent or deeper academic sense, but because many people just prefer a simple, intellectually understimulating story to facts, history, learning, deeper inquisitiveness and investigation, and so on and so forth.

I've spoken to various people from Britain or other Commonwealth nations, and many of them are idiots or so barely educated on the rudiments of their own country, government, law, and history that it's utterly embarrassing.

Some of what some of them have asserted that the "law is" or how it works is so archaic and out of touch with reality, that it almost sounds like pre-Magna Carta versions of the "law" or absolute monarchism, not anything remotely relevant to the law or civil rights of any 1st world country.

I suppose if the intent is just to keep them ignorant or let them stay ignorant, rather than learn and educate themselves about the history of their own country, or anything remotely relevant to the 1st world or the 20th century, the BBC is doing a great job, if it's literally some of these people's only source or medium of learning and information about the outside world, but at times it was almost scary how archaic and out of date these people are, as if they somehow retrogressed and believe that the 19th century, or before that is still in effect in modern, 21st century, first world culture.

This isn't meant to disparage people of actual intelligence deficits, just to poke fun at the ignorance of people whose only source of learning or information comes from outdated propaganda news networks, rather than any real-world experience or learning via deeper reading and books, and sadly there are more people who substitute learning with a "mass media diet" than I actually or ever believed could be the case except in hyperbolic dystopian fiction like that of Orwell or Huxley.

• Banned
Shutting it down might encourage Britons and other Commonwealthers to do some basic steps toward being informed citizens, such as actually visiting their local library or local police station, learning the basics or rudiments of their own nation's laws, history, culture, rather than inundating themselves with the media and dumbed-downdedness of which demographic it's probably been marketed to since the 1920s when it was invented to begin with; some of them must have virtually literally living in a cave based on the sheer ignornance, unintelligence, and uninformdedness which I've seen of them, to the point I almost began to wonder how they have even been able to meet the bare minimums necessary to function in life.

(I once met a female judge, and got from her, that it's more or less no open secret that the mass media is dumbed down to the lowest common denominator; I got the same hint from a few fellows I met who work in the psychological and psychiatric industries; it's not like it's much of an open secret except to the idiots who use it as their only source of information, and have neve read a book more than 20 pages long, intended for kindergarteners).

(I'm tempted to say the same thing about MSNBC as well, but then again, who watches it, or uses any of the mass media networks at their only source of information unless books, literature, and education aren't options).

Last edited:
Shutting it down might encourage Britons and other Commonwealthers to do some basic steps toward being informed citizens, such as actually visiting their local library or local police station, learning the basics or rudiments of their own nation's laws, history, culture, rather than inundating themselves with the media and dumbed-downdedness of which demographic it's probably been marketed to since the 1920s when it was invented to begin with; some of them must have virtually literally living in a cave based on the sheer ignornance, unintelligence, and uninformdedness which I've seen of them, to the point I almost began to wonder how they have even been able to meet the bare minimums necessary to function in life.

(I once met a female judge, and got from her, that it's more or less no open secret that the mass media is dumbed down to the lowest common denominator; I got the same hint from a few fellows I met who work in the psychological and psychiatric industries; it's not like it's much of an open secret except to the idiots who use it as their only source of information, and have neve read a book more than 20 pages long, intended for kindergarteners).

(I'm tempted to say the same thing about MSNBC as well, but then again, who watches it, or uses any of the mass media networks at their only source of information unless books, literature, and education aren't options).
Dr Hackenbush I presume?

All media is biased ... so if one only gets their news from the BBC, then they will be sharing that bias ... and we're entitled to do that as a basic freedom ... we can bemoan the People's lack of knowledge about the world around them ... but we shouldn't force them to learn if they don't want to ... now can we? ...

Many people tune into the news network that reports thing they want to hear ... and then buy the products the news network advertises ... that's the news network's job, to use the news in a way that gets people to buy the products the news network is selling ... that's a part of the 21st Century First World reality ...

I try to listen to a number of different news networks, understanding that each has it's own bias, and hearing these different points-of-view helps me form my own "educated" opinion ... and I'll admit, the BBC is on my list ... and for a time, the BBC was about the only source outside the USA for news ... today, DW and NGK broadcast an English version of their headlines, and between the three I get a better sense of what folks outside are thinking ... and what they're buying ...

Maybe because I'm an American, but the whole notion of silencing a news network because of content is always wrong ... always ...

• Banned
I'm not particularly big on the idea of free press.

Ideally, I'd prefer all mass media to be centralized, and made to conform to a source of moral, ethical values; essentially converted into a national or international religious broadcasting service, with all degenerate media which is hostile to higher morality, intellectualism, or aesthetic interest banned and outright eliminated. (Some like "Amy Schmuer", for example, would never be allowed on the air, and would be shut down, as would most of the LGBT media, or that which promotes degenerate or morally base sexual identity politics, and other tastless trash, nonsense, and vile consumerist and leftist filth).

By the virture of being immoral media addicts, and adherence to degenerate, leftist would views, which promote anarchy, moral nihlism, bad aesthetic taste and so forth, I tend to think that the virtuous have a natural right to rule over the mouth-breathing, the atheistic, the Godless, the immoral, the hostile to intellectual conservatism, and so forth, preferring their own degeneracy, vices, and simple, materialistic pleasures to the higher pleasures that come with divinity.

The BBC, like most, is simply a snake oil network for the immoral, the poorly educated, and the underclass, not giving a damn about them beyond what it can sell to them, hence why their superiors in the areas of intellect, virture, religiousity, righteousness, aesthetic sense, and so forth, would do well to rule over them and guide them with the hand of God, like a shepard unto his flock.

• Banned
Sure... something like that, given the lack of intelligence or character of the average media addicted idiot, I'm tempted to think that that's the government they deserve.

Basically a philosopher king or queen to rule over the rabble who can't even rule themselves.

Forum List

Back