Should taxpayers bail out 3rd coast if BP does not?

Should taxpayers bail out 3rd coast if BP does not?

• Yes

Votes: 8 44.4%
  • No

Votes: 10 55.6%

• Total voters
Care4all

When I saw that article I choked with laughter, everyone pays taxes in the USA in some form or another regardless of what other name it goes by, ie: fees, penalties,tolls etc. These people putting out this garbage only serves to stir up the natives into a feeding frenzy for their own agendas.

Fact is almost 50 percent of Americans do not pay federal income tax.

Does that 50 percent include children, elderly, retired, stay-at-home parents, convicts, disabled, sickly, or otherwise unemployable?

Wth the exception of children, all those you listed are required to file tax returns but either their incomes were too low, or they qualified for enough credits that they didn't have to pay federal income tax. So the fact remains that nearly 50 percent of Americans do not pay federal income tax.

Care4all

When I saw that article I choked with laughter, everyone pays taxes in the USA in some form or another regardless of what other name it goes by, ie: fees, penalties,tolls etc. These people putting out this garbage only serves to stir up the natives into a feeding frenzy for their own agendas.

So what? Income taxes collected don't even pay for A THIRD of what congress spends in the budget?

Every DIME of Social Security SURPLUS TAXES that MOST ALL of the working class pays on every dime they make is going to pay for what income taxes should have paid for....

so these people ARE PAYING for the spending in the budget.

In addition to this, the WEALTHIEST get every standard deduction that these people took when filing their income taxes....for a couple the first 20 grand of so that one makes is not taxable, whether it is a kazillionaire, or the poorest aqmong us....

the wealthy don't pay taxes on the first $20 grand they make either....the poor making only 20 grand per couple is NOT getting anything special that the rich did not get....they just were not fortunate enough to make more than the $20 grand, where it would be taxed.

Hey I was clarifying the facts, don't get your panties in a wad!

So what? Income taxes collected don't even pay for A THIRD of what congress spends in the budget?

Every DIME of Social Security SURPLUS TAXES that MOST ALL of the working class pays on every dime they make is going to pay for what income taxes should have paid for....

so these people ARE PAYING for the spending in the budget.

In addition to this, the WEALTHIEST get every standard deduction that these people took when filing their income taxes....for a couple the first 20 grand of so that one makes is not taxable, whether it is a kazillionaire, or the poorest aqmong us....

the wealthy don't pay taxes on the first $20 grand they make either....the poor making only 20 grand per couple is NOT getting anything special that the rich did not get....they just were not fortunate enough to make more than the $20 grand, where it would be taxed.

Hey I was clarifying the facts, don't get your panties in a wad!

hahahahahahahahahaha! I'm not!!!

I was just trying to put it in to perspective....!

Does that 50 percent include children, elderly, retired, stay-at-home parents, convicts, disabled, sickly, or otherwise unemployable?

Wth the exception of children, all those you listed are required to file tax returns but either their incomes were too low, or they qualified for enough credits that they didn't have to pay federal income tax. So the fact remains that nearly 50 percent of Americans do not pay federal income tax.

I bet ya 50% of the country doesn't pay a dime in cigarette taxes either!

HOW DARE THEY! HOW UNFAIR!

:D

I bet ya 50% of the country doesn't pay a dime in cigarette taxes either!

HOW DARE THEY! HOW UNFAIR!

:D

Surely you're not comparing cigarette tax to federal income tax.

This arrogant 'bastad'.
BP chief says in a 'blanket statement' about Americans:
Mr Hayward reiterated a promise that BP “will honour all legitimate claims for business interruption”. Asked for examples of illegitimate claims, he said: “I could give you lots of examples. This is America — come on. We’re going to have lots of illegitimate claims. We all know that.”

Like saying, ONLY in America will the people file illegitimate insurance claims, WTF? No one in any other country does it? What an idiot.

We’re mastering the oil slick, says BP chief facing flood of lawsuits (contains video)

why? you haven't explained yet why 50% of us bear the cost of running the US of KKKA while the other fifty per cent of you bums don't pay for nutting, I don't think you should be driving down my freeway.

I didn't know you lived in a blue state...

If your answer is no, please explain why the residents of the gulf coast should have to bear such a grossly unequal burden in the production of oil.
We already bailed you out after your mayor bungled Hurricane Katrina.

Nobody is forcing you to live in Louisiana, below sea level.

The elevation of the city of New Orleans isn't what caused the oil leak you ignorant fucktard.
You have to be the most retarded person here besides gslack.

Where was Obama running with that spear when you shot the photo you're using for your avatar? Doesn't matter of course, just curious. I'm sure that we the tax payers paid to get him to wherever he was.......... his homeland maybe?

I had no idea Obama was a Mardi Gras Indian you racist bitch.

you think that the us economy is the only one in the toilet? I got news for ya.... So is britain's so you won't find the uk handing over any cash. Nor should they. la wanted the drilling... along with the reward comes the risk.

and you wanted the oil you filthy stinking selfish **** whore

There's no need to invoke your mothers name here!

Its interesting how most of the people on USMB think that other people should pick up the tab for the unforeseen costs of their own oil consumption. Why is that?

Its because these people value nothing except consumption and the almighty dollar. They are completely willing to sacrifice the livelihoods and culture of an entire region in their own country in order to get what they want ... and they expect to not have to pay for it .. because they are soulless, greedy, and once they have theirs, everyone else can be damned. People like this form the basis of the neoconservative/libertarian conservative movement, and I have a feeling they make their paleoconservative counterparts cringe.

Are you serious with this link? MSNBC? The most biased pieces of shit on television.

But let get this straight, you're basing your argument on frets of what might happen?

"The Gulf oil spill that is contaminating the waters off the coast of Louisiana could have an economic ripple effect extending to Florida and beyond, even if the slick doesn't cause extensive damage in those states."

You stated as fact that "Many of them will lose their business", and to support your claim you come up with a biased link that worries about what "could" happen.

When businesses start closing down, get back to me.

Are you serious with this link? MSNBC? The most biased pieces of shit on television.

NAME YOUR SOURCE OF CHOICE

What for? Why worry about it then? Why not wait until they miss their house notes and are homeless and begging on the streets to worry about it?

Its interesting how most of the people on USMB think that other people should pick up the tab for the unforeseen costs of their own oil consumption. Why is that?

Its because these people value nothing except consumption and the almighty dollar. They are completely willing to sacrifice the livelihoods and culture of an entire region in their own country in order to get what they want ... and they expect to not have to pay for it .. because they are soulless, greedy, and once they have theirs, everyone else can be damned. People like this form the basis of the neoconservative/libertarian conservative movement, and I have a feeling they make their paleoconservative counterparts cringe.

Why bother with asking a question if you're just going to answer it yourself?:cuckoo:

And wrongly, I might add.

Why bother with asking a question if you're just going to answer it yourself?:cuckoo:

And wrongly, I might add.

By all means, share you alternative explanation for the selfishness.

But let get this straight, you're basing your argument on frets of what might happen?

"The Gulf oil spill that is contaminating the waters off the coast of Louisiana could have an economic ripple effect extending to Florida and beyond, even if the slick doesn't cause extensive damage in those states."

You stated as fact that "Many of them will lose their business", and to support your claim you come up with a biased link that worries about what "could" happen.

how do business that rely on beaches do business if the beaches are covered in oil.

how do people shrimp and fish if the shrimp and fish are dead/contaminated?

you really this ignorant?

NAME YOUR SOURCE OF CHOICE

What for? Why worry about it then? Why not wait until they miss their house notes and are homeless and begging on the streets to worry about it?

So you worry about shit that may never happen?

I'll tell you what next time we have a Cat 4 or Cat 5 hurricane in the Gulf, why don't you start donating money to those that may lose their homes. On second thought why wait until a hurricane is in the Gulf, just start donating now before hurricane season even starts.

Forum List

Back