should taxes be lowered or highered

also no matter what your views are it would give the soldiers over in iraq more sucurity so we as america can protect and invest in protection for the men and women fighting for america.

Um, how would lowering taxes give soldiers more security?

Um, how would lowering taxes give soldiers more security?

If you lower them enough (and stop borrowing to keep them in the field) their secutity would improve because they'd be in America.

Does eliminating temporary tax breaks the same as raising taxes? It seems yo give a temporary tax break and when the other side doesn't want to make it permanent, it gets labeled as raising taxes. Would taxes have to be raised if we hadn't spent so much money due to the war? How do you put us in such debt then say taxes shouldn't be raised. What america sees is Oil companies making extreme profits, blackwater and halliburton makes zillions, our troops fighting a war overseas, americas losing jobs and homes a deficit getting so large they are going to have to make up a new illion word to track it. I guess my question is how could you possible cut programs in america to pay for a war overseas that is not a global threat?

There is no question that, if we enforced the limitation of government power to it's enumerated powers in the Constitution, we wouldn't even <i>need</i> an income tax.

do the libs here actually think congress, controlled by dems, has no authority over the spending in this country??? what branch of government controls the spending folks?

take back bush & reagan tax cuts, socialize medicine and american social spending but cut the waste and bullship spending. balance the budget, cut into the deficit and get rid of fed reserve. they basically own america. we pay them interest only minimum payment. another topic altogether. end war, sue chaney & bush and all their conspirators. revolution? vote obama. fix social security & only then should we lower taxes. just don't raise them. end bad spending and spend wisely. bush wasted money thru defense. they used the word to empty the treasury. lost,stole,blew,looted the treasury. tried to break gov. did all this on purpose.

take back bush & reagan tax cuts, socialize medicine and american social spending but cut the waste and bullship spending. balance the budget, cut into the deficit and get rid of fed reserve. they basically own america. we pay them interest only minimum payment. another topic altogether. end war, sue chaney & bush and all their conspirators. revolution? vote obama. fix social security & only then should we lower taxes. just don't raise them. end bad spending and spend wisely. bush wasted money thru defense. they used the word to empty the treasury. lost,stole,blew,looted the treasury. tried to break gov. did all this on purpose.

That's it in a nutshell. I would add develop alternative energy.

yes, add alt. energy to the list. I don't know why middle class ppl argue. they admit all gov is corrupt but then they can't believe oil man bush is responible. oh well. I've argued with enough of them I know they know better.
did you see in the first gen. election poll, obama is beating mccainn in every demographic ppl thought he would have trouble with? so jews, women, hispanics, etc all prefer obama over mccain. so poor white men won't ruin america! and i'm one of them. lol

There is no question that, if we enforced the limitation of government power to it's enumerated powers in the Constitution, we wouldn't even need an income tax.

You're absolutely right about that.

We wouldn't have a country, so we surely wouldn't need to raise taxes to support its government.

I do agree there is a lot of waste in government. I believe obama in good faith will try to cut waste, but yes he will sign bills with pork in them. but how about him not taking money from lobbiests? no pac groups or corporations? then he will only answer to the people. he along with a dem congress will fix america. imagine. we know mcbush won't, right?

I do agree there is a lot of waste in government. I believe obama in good faith will try to cut waste, but yes he will sign bills with pork in them. but how about him not taking money from lobbiests? no pac groups or corporations? then he will only answer to the people. he along with a dem congress will fix america. imagine. we know mcbush won't, right?

Frankly, the biggest reason to vote for McCain IMO is that he is more likely to stand up to what will be an overwhelmingly Democrat Congress, since the GOP is going to get crushed in the House and the Senate.

mccain will stand up to the dem congress? did u vote 4 kerry for that reason? no way. and u assume pelosi and reed are scum like delay and bohner. they are not. this is what neocons do. they project.
no, mccain won't stand up, he will stop the dems from undoing the wrongs the delay congress did to americA. read Trainwreck. why the gop should never be trusted with power again. mccain is a proven pathalogical liar and you r dumb or racist or you make $250 k a yr. ps. my bro makes $500k yr and even he admits the gop is wrong on everything. what does your broke ass know? lol

You couldn't be more wrong. Please come back after you have educated yourself.

Please feel free to educate me, then, Jeff.

Where will the government get revenue if not by taxation?

What's your plan?

In our country we have usally pick our president depending on party. Each party has their own moral beliefs. One big issue is whether we should rise taxes or lower them. The democarts usally are the ones that want to higher taxes. Yes rising taxes gives more money for government programs. it also gives more money to the government for other uses. on the flip side the republicans believe in lowering taxes. depending on the type of tax, it will be less money out of each persons wallot. which means more money can go toward nessecity. it also gives people more money to spend on goods which will in the long run give more money to the government. it also would lower taxes to busness which would give the ability to expand the busness. in my last thread i asked what the unemployment rate. i went through the years as taxes were lowered more people were employed. which would lower the use of government programs. this would also give more money to pay for road work and other things. also no matter what your views are it would give the soldiers over in iraq more sucurity so we as america can protect and invest in protection for the men and women fighting for america.

Taxes have always been relatively close to the sweet spot in this country. Congress seldom, if ever, increases or decreases marginal rates far enough to have a significant effect. Even back in the 70's before Regean slashed marginal rates there were so many loopholes that most people means paid no less taxes after Regean reduced rates than before.

Tax revenues tend to move with the economy, not rate changes. By and large, taxes in this country are used to control behavior by giving breaks to activities those in power want favor...like having kids, making them go to school, buying a wind turbine, starting a business in a suppressed area...

Please feel free to educate me, then, Jeff.

Where will the government get revenue if not by taxation?

What's your plan?

There was no real federal income tax until the early twentieth century. We survives for over 100 years with no personal income tax. So, when you ask "where will the government get revenue if not by taxation", you can get your answer from a history book, because we funded government without an income tax for a long time.

Very little vital government action is funded by a personal income tax. Generally, when you talk about abolishing the income tax you hear sob stories about schools and roads. None of these functions are financed through the income tax.

The income tax brings in roughly 40% of federal receipts. Could we cut 40% of the current budget? Well, considering that the budget was 40% smaller in 1997 than it is now, I'd say it's a pretty asinine statement to claim we couldn't fund government without an income tax.

Forum List

Back