Should tax policy be “fair”?

Yes. IMHO, the progressive tax scale is fair.

The problem isn't taxes, it spending. We need to force Congress to balance the budget.

Spending as a percentage of GDP is not out of line with REAGAN.
United States Government Spending History - Charts

Holy crap. How many people simply BELIEVE stuff that's not true.
Friggin do some MINIMUM research into your position.

Yeah like Ronnie 'Spend like there is no tomorrow' Raygun and his pseudo-conservative ways did us a lot of good. How about keeping spending based on revenue rather than a % of GDP.

That's not what the GObP/Repub party and voters say.

We've heard nothing from them except that allowing the ultra wealthy to keep more than their fair share is what has produced all these jobs our people enjoy. If we taxed them fairly, why we could end up with an unemployment rate of 8-9%.

Sarcasm aside, since the unfair tax code has not resulted in jobs, then, yes indeed, it IT the fault of the wealthy.

IOW, you can't have it both ways. You can't say that we don't dare tax everyone fairly because it would result in no jobs and then say that the lack of jobs is not the fault of the wealthy.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Thanks so much for reinforcing what I wrote.

A non-reply like this is sure-fire proof that its true.

Soggy NEVER has an actual real thought, just chimes in to let others know how wrong they are without much else.

Soggy NEVER has an actual real thought, just chimes in to let others know how wrong they are without much else.

If there's one thing the repubs/teabags HATE is when their really dumb "give the rich more money so they'll give us jobs" is proven WRONG. INCORRECT.

It hasn't happened yet and it ain't never gonna happen.

They know this. Their "leaders" know this. There isn't anyone who does not know this premise is just plain stupid.

And, posting a line of silly little smiley faces doesn't change that. Its just a way of diverting attention away from the truth of my words.

The only true "fair tax" would be a flat tax that EVERYONE had to pay... EVERYONE!

You make $10,000 a year, you pay 17%.

You make $1,000,000 a year, you pay 17%.

THAT is fair. End of story.

Well, a flat tax may or may not be more "fair" based on the bias of the Individual determining "fair" but is that what is best for our long-term growth and prosperity?

Fair is subjective... no matter how you look at it... someone or some group wil always claim unfair because it goes against their personal comfort or feelings or whatever...

What this country SHOULD be concerned with is equal treatment by government under law... not treating dollar X differently for person Y than how dollar A is being treated for person B...

A sales tax is equal... not bothered by personal situations.... not influenced by this voting group in particular... it is blind, and it is equal in treatment for every person and for every dollar spent... a similar system should be in place for dollars earned... with zero exceptions, zero deductions, and zero loopholes

If there's one thing the repubs/teabags HATE is when their really dumb "give the rich more money so they'll give us jobs" is proven WRONG. INCORRECT.

They know this. Their "leaders" know this. There isn't anyone who does not know this premise is just plain stupid.

And, posting a line of silly little smiley faces doesn't change that. Its just a way of diverting attention away from the truth of my words.

It's funny when you ask for actual examples that highlight the points they try to make. You get one of three things

1) insults
2) change of topic
3) flat out ignored

There are few cons on this site who are capable of having an adult discussion. Unfortunately I haven't seen any of them in this thread.

Income can NEVER be fair.

Person A makes $10.00 an hour and works an 8 hour day.

Person B makes $10.00 an hour for an 8 hour day, then works 4 additional hours at $15.00 an hour.

There is an AUTOMATIC inequality in income. It is already unfair to the person who only walks off with $80.00 for a day's work.

The only true "fair tax" would be a flat tax that EVERYONE had to pay... EVERYONE!

You make $10,000 a year, you pay 17%.

You make $1,000,000 a year, you pay 17%.

THAT is fair. End of story.

Well, a flat tax may or may not be more "fair" based on the bias of the Individual determining "fair" but is that what is best for our long-term growth and prosperity?

Fair is subjective... no matter how you look at it... someone or some group wil always claim unfair because it goes against their personal comfort or feelings or whatever...

What this country SHOULD be concerned with is equal treatment by government under law... not treating dollar X differently for person Y than how dollar A is being treated for person B...

A sales tax is equal... not bothered by personal situations.... not influenced by this voting group in particular... it is blind, and it is equal in treatment for every person and for every dollar spent... a similar system should be in place for dollars earned... with zero exceptions, zero deductions, and zero loopholes

Our system is equal as it taxes the dollars earned, not the person. You are treated no differently than I am for the 10,000th dollar we each earn. Just like we aren't treated differently for the 1,000,000 dollar we both earn. The dollars are taxed not the person.

It's funny when you ask for actual examples that highlight the points they try to make. You get one of three things

1) insults
2) change of topic
3) flat out ignored

There are few cons on this site who are capable of having an adult discussion. Unfortunately I haven't seen any of them in this thread.

Hey...

1) You are a stupid head
2) I dont want to talk about taxes
3) I am going to put you on ignore

1) insults
2) change of topic
3) flat out ignored

Hey...

1) You are a stupid head
2) I dont want to talk about taxes
3) I am going to put you on ignore

LOL, speak of the devil.

Our system is equal as it taxes the dollars earned, not the person. You are treated no differently than I am for the 10,000th dollar we each earn. Just like we aren't treated differently for the 1,000,000 dollar we both earn. The dollars are taxed not the person.

Are you that fucking ignorant??

Treating each dollar and each person equally.... the word AND... not the word OR... for when you treat dollar X by person Y differently than dollar A by person B, it is indeed unequal treatment...

How would you feel if then benefits were given under law by government for a person at dollar 60k, then more at dollar 200k, and even more at dollar 2mil?? It would be 'equal treatment' under your definition, because IF you then earned 2mil, you would have the exact same benefits...

The reason you advocate the reverse is nothing more than 'stickittothemanitis'.... it's ok because it is not you and because you FEEL they can afford it more, giving you more benefit from government at the expense of someone else...

Sales tax is an equal treatment tax.... progressive income tax is not... and that, whether you like it or not, is truth

Yeah like Ronnie 'Spend like there is no tomorrow' Raygun and his pseudo-conservative ways did us a lot of good. How about keeping spending based on revenue rather than a % of GDP.

Duh . . . . because that would allow commies like Harry Reid and Nazi Pelosi to spend up to 100% of GDP.

Are you really this stupid?

Treating each dollar and each person equally.... the word AND... not the word OR... for when you treat dollar X by person Y differently than dollar A by person B, it is indeed unequal treatment...

Holy fuck, talk about apples to oranges. You serious? "Wahhh, X should equal Y and B should equal A. blah blah." Nice twisted version of equal you're trying to explain there.

How would you feel if then benefits were given under law by government for a person at dollar 60k, then more at dollar 200k, and even more at dollar 2mil?? It would be 'equal treatment' under your definition, because IF you then earned 2mil, you would have the exact same benefits...

That would and does suck and that's actually the system we have now. The more you make and the better you are at hiding your money the bigger the tax breaks you can leverage. We need to fix that system, thanks for bringing it up.

The reason you advocate the reverse is nothing more than 'stickittothemanitis'.... it's ok because it is not you and because you FEEL they can afford it more, giving you more benefit from government at the expense of someone else...

Sales tax is an equal treatment tax.... progressive income tax is not... and that, whether you like it or not, is truth

Actually it is me. A lot of the initial tax increase proposals would have negatively affected me. So, that sort of kills that whole story of yours. What else ya got?

For the same reason, Sales tax is not equal treatment.

The ore you earn, the more you spend, the more sales tax youy pay copmpared to someone who earns less and thus spends less.

Yes. IMHO, the progressive tax scale is fair.

The problem isn't taxes, it spending. We need to force Congress to balance the budget.

So you think people should be treated differently based on the money they make rather than being treated equal before the law...

How is that at all consistant with the idea that all men are created equal?

Everyone is treated the same under a progressive system. We both get taxed the same on our 10,000th dollar earned, we get taxed the same amount of our 100,000 dollar earned and we get taxed the same on our 1,000,000 dollar earned. Seems equal to me.

Actually, that's not true. The tax code is full of deliberate carve outs and byzantine rules which lead to unintended results. We do not get taxed the same based on income. Even the rules of what constitutes income are complicated.

Our current tax code is the product of some social engineering, some legitimate means to fund the government, and a whole bunch of corruption in the process.

That has to be the ultimate in demagoguery. The idea that you can tax someone's income without taxing him is about as idiotic as you can get.

It's hard to believe libturds have the nerve to spew such idiocies into a public forum

So you think people should be treated differently based on the money they make rather than being treated equal before the law...

How is that at all consistant with the idea that all men are created equal?

Everyone is treated the same under a progressive system. We both get taxed the same on our 10,000th dollar earned, we get taxed the same amount of our 100,000 dollar earned and we get taxed the same on our 1,000,000 dollar earned. Seems equal to me.

Actually, that's not true. The tax code is full of deliberate carve outs and byzantine rules which lead to unintended results. We do not get taxed the same based on income. Even the rules of what constitutes income are complicated.

Our current tax code is the product of some social engineering, some legitimate means to fund the government, and a whole bunch of corruption in the process.

True. Our system is not as simple and ideal as I may have made it sound. There are plenty of loopholes, breaks and ways around the system that make it unfair. We need to clean up those loopholes and correct the system so the richest in our country can't continue to get richer and richer while the middle class get poorer and poorer.

That has to be the ultimate in demagoguery. The idea that you can tax someone's income without taxing him is about as idiotic as you can get.

It's hard to believe libturds have the nerve to spew such idiocies into a public forum

Here comes the concrete thinker. I would be surprised that someone can't grasp what I meant, but it's you, so........

Forum List

Back