Should tax policy be “fair”?

you think we can operate this country on a simple plan and your simple plan doesnt give enough revenue to operate this country.\

You are being proagandized by the people who want to distory the governments power which lies in the peoples hands so they can rule you.

Im not joining stupid ideas that dont work so you can claim "well its simple".

apparently you missed my post or ignored it. A flat tax is NOT fair. A flat tax guarantees that the hardship imposed by taxation would fall directly in the laps of our most vulnerable citizens and reduce as income rises. The HARDSHIP of taxation should be equal...not the percentage.
Apparently you assume your opinion is the only one that matters.

What you're proposing is not fair. The "HARDSHIP," as you put it, shouldn't be levied against people disproportionately just because they make more or less money. By virtue of making more money, they'll pay more taxes. As with the poor, by virtue of making less they'd pay less. That's the only true fair way for taxation in America, period. Everything else is a pyramid scheme.

Bullshit... a flat tax is just that... a pyramid scheme... IN REVERSE.

Let's see... I rationally explained my opinion, while you flatulated your Ultimatum like a fart in church(and put an "end of story" to emphasize your point)... and you accuse me of thinking my opinion is the only one that matters? fuck off.
You're an idiot. You fly off the handle and think I'm ignoring your post as if your posts are the only ones I read on here, and then you get all huffy because I don't buy your bull shit, tax the rich more and the poor less garbage.

You can fuck off too moron.

The only true fair tax is everyone pay the same. All this graduated shit you liberals purport is nothing more than income redistribution, class envy and class warfare. You're not fooling anyone.

Last edited:
Apparently you assume your opinion is the only one that matters.

What you're proposing is not fair. The "HARDSHIP," as you put it, shouldn't be levied against people disproportionately just because they make more or less money. By virtue of making more money, they'll pay more taxes. As with the poor, by virtue of making less they'd pay less. That's the only true fair way for taxation in America, period. Everything else is a pyramid scheme.

Let's see... I rationally explained my opinion, while you flatulated your Ultimatum like a fart in church(and put an "end of story" to emphasize your point)... and you accuse me of thinking my opinion is the only one that matters? fuck off.
You're an idiot. You fly off the handle and think I'm ignoring your post as if your posts are the only ones I read on here, and then you get all huffy because I don't buy your bull shit, tax the rich more and the poor less garbage.

You can fuck off too moron.

The only true fair tax is everyone pay the same. All this graduated shit you liberals purport is nothing more than income redistribution, class envy and class warfare. You're not fooling anyone.

So someone making $10,000/ year should pay 17% of that or $1700 in taxes? That's ok with you? Do you honestly think that tax won't have a measurable impact on their already meager budget?

I actually agree with you auto... The tax burden on a millionaire ought to be exactly the same as on a pauper. Factoring in Cost of living in the "Aristocratic States of America" is essential to finding what that burden is.... after all... if you are taking in an income of $1M/year, 100K(10%) still leaves a hell of a lot of money to live on. But if you are a family of four trying to live on $30K...$3k is damned near life or death.

The "tax burden" isn't determined by some subjective notion about what people can get by on after the government has raped them. That's looking at taxation from the ethical perspective of a thug. They mug rich people because they have the most money.

That being said, people near the poverty level should be exempt. All others pay the same rate.

I actually agree with you auto... The tax burden on a millionaire ought to be exactly the same as on a pauper. Factoring in Cost of living in the "Aristocratic States of America" is essential to finding what that burden is.... after all... if you are taking in an income of $1M/year, 100K(10%) still leaves a hell of a lot of money to live on. But if you are a family of four trying to live on $30K...$3k is damned near life or death.

The "tax burden" isn't determined by some subjective notion about what people can get by on after the government has raped them. That's looking at taxation from the ethical perspective of a thug. They mug rich people because they have the most money.

That being said, people near the poverty level should be exempt. All others pay the same rate.

That puts us right back to where we are now and you loons whining about all those people who "don't pay anything".

How is a flat tax the equivalent of a pyramid scheme? Do leftists actually care what the definitions of the words they use are, or do they just apply any word that has sinister connotations to things they don't like?

Apparently not. The rw's think the elderly and those who have no income should pay as much as those who are employed. Look at the answers right here in this thread. I wonder where these people think the unemployed are going to get the money to pay as much as those who are employed.

As for the rest of us, again, the rw's want a fiefdom, a plutocracy where they pay more than the 1%. As it happens, they're in luck because the GObP/pub party agrees with them.

I still say that if that's what the rw voter wants, let them over pay and leave the intelligent people to pay their FAIR SHARE.

The left loves to try to make legislation to make us all the same. Only fools think that is possible or even desirable.

The right like to pick on the weak for the benefit of the powerful.

Generalized blanket statements are fun!

Apparently not. The rw's think the elderly and those who have no income should pay as much as those who are employed. Look at the answers right here in this thread. I wonder where these people think the unemployed are going to get the money to pay as much as those who are employed.

As for the rest of us, again, the rw's want a fiefdom, a plutocracy where they pay more than the 1%. As it happens, they're in luck because the GObP/pub party agrees with them.

I still say that if that's what the rw voter wants, let them over pay and leave the intelligent people to pay their FAIR SHARE.
The TP wants individual freedoms within the context of the Constitution, but :eusa_shhh:.

Anyone who over the age of 17 who talks about "fairness" is not very mature. Life isn't fair. Adults realize this.

So shut up, lay down and invite the GObP/pubs to steal you blind.

Mug rich people? gimme a fucking break. yeah... those poor, poor rich people... they have damn near nothing, don't they?

Guess what? People near the poverty level ARE exempt.... those are those people you guys hate so much... you know... the 34, 47 or 52% of the people that "don't pay taxes"? It's not the poor people's fault that they USED to be middle class but inflation, outsourcing and the out and out greed from those "poor little rich people" pushed them into poverty levels.

How is a flat tax the equivalent of a pyramid scheme? Do leftists actually care what the definitions of the words they use are, or do they just apply any word that has sinister connotations to things they don't like?

it is exactly that... you just refuse to see it. With a flat tax, you are taxing the piss out of the poor's money that is used to exist and the rich get off easy.

The TP wants individual freedoms within the context of the Constitution, but :eusa_shhh:.

No...the tea party thinks they want that. But the people that fund the tea party want something completely different. They want to rule with an Iron fist and they will use you "useful idiots" with words like Patriotism and Freedom, and tell you what their interpretation of the Constitution is to do their bidding.

. Setting aside what is “fair”, which do you think provides the best chance for long-term growth and prosperity? Is there an optimum level where consumers have enough to spend and the pool of capital is adequate?

Even expenditures for the most charitable of purposes were routinely spurned as illegitimate. In 1794, James Madison wrote disapprovingly of a $15,000 appropriation for French refugees: "I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents."

1. "The subject of every State ought to contribute towards the support of the government, as nearly as possible, in proportion to their respective abilities; that is, in proportion to the revenue which they respectively enjoy under the protection of the State."

ADAM SMITH...."The Wealth of Nations"

Here endeth the lesson.

Forum List

Back