Should suggestions of suicide be against the rules? Is it already?

In some states encouraging or egging someone on to commit suicide is in fact a crime. Bullying someone into killing themselves is also a crime in some States.

I work almost entirely in the Evironment forum. It is not completely uncommon there for man-made warming deniers to suggest those of us on the other side of the argument should commit suicide to eliminate our CO2 input to the atmosphere and, of course, to rid them of a debating opponent with whom they're having difficulty dealing. Certainly with certain individuals, that sort of thing could be considered dangerous. The news has no shortage of stories of young people who commit suicide after unpleasant experiences on social media.

If I were making the rules, I would have one against suggesting suicide. What do you think?

Look to management. As long as admin and mods are in the gutter, you can forget making this a place of intelligent, adult discourse.

That's why the good people leave.

Best to just accept that this place is just a giant outhouse and post with that in mind.

IOW, its their cesspool and you play by their rules.

I work almost entirely in the Evironment forum. It is not completely uncommon there for man-made warming deniers to suggest those of us on the other side of the argument should commit suicide to eliminate our CO2 input to the atmosphere and, of course, to rid them of a debating opponent with whom they're having difficulty dealing. Certainly with certain individuals, that sort of thing could be considered dangerous. The news has no shortage of stories of young people who commit suicide after unpleasant experiences on social media.

If I were making the rules, I would have one against suggesting suicide. What do you think?

Look to management. As long as admin and mods are in the gutter, you can forget making this a place of intelligent, adult discourse.

That's why the good people leave.

Best to just accept that this place is just a giant outhouse and post with that in mind.

IOW, its their cesspool and you play by their rules.

Oh my the irony of that post from a far left drone!

Pushing a far left debunked religious narrative, is not a discussion or debate.

And you are free to leave as well!

Forum List

Back