Should Statues and Other Memorials To Harvey Milk Also Be Removed?

In fairness, should statues etc. of Harvey Milk displayed in public be removed also?

• Yes. A disgusting past is a disgusting past.

• No. It's different with Harvey Milk stuff

• I think people should be able to vote on what statues stay and which are removed.

Results are only viewable after voting.
This is a thread about a statutory rapist, Harvey Milk & his statues at City Hall in SF & other public spots. These statues are offensive & must be removed.

A statutory rapist.....according to you. You're your own source.

And the credibility of a source is completely on the table.

This is a thread about a statutory rapist, Harvey Milk & his statues at City Hall in SF & other public spots. These statues are offensive & must be removed.

Celebrated too-honest gay journalist & friend/biographer of Milk’s? Randy Shilts? You’re kidding, right?

Celebrated too-honest gay journalist & friend/biographer of Milk’s? Randy Shilts? You’re kidding, right?

Then quote Randy Shilts saying so.

As so far, the only one you've cited is yourself. And you're the same soul that gave us an entire panty shitting thread about how True TV was abusing children by putting graphic pictures of genitals in kid's shows....

.....only to discover that it was a silly blue cartoon drawing with googly eyes in a game show with age warnings all over it.

Demonstrating elegantly that you are just an awful source of information. And can't be trusted to rely anything accurately.

Shilts said in context of sexuality, I believe page 180 if memory serves, from The Mayor Of Castro Street that Harvey Milk “had a penchant for young waifs with substance abuse problems”.

The problem is that young waifs with substance abuse problems aren’t legally capable of consent. We can add drug rape to statutory rape when it comes to a Milk.

You’re defending a monster Skylar. I think that should be pointed out at some point.

Shilts said in context of sexuality, I believe page 180 if memory serves, from The Mayor Of Castro Street that Harvey Milk “had a penchant for young waifs with substance abuse problems”.

The problem is that young waifs with substance abuse problems aren’t legally capable of consent. We can add drug rape to statutory rape when it comes to a Milk.

You’re defending a monster Skylar. I think that should be pointed out at some point.

Your memory doesn't serve. Offer us the quote, with verification that the quote actually exists.

As you've been caught flagrantly misrepresenting what you 'remember' on numerous occasions. You citing you is a meaningless standard. As you're either uselessly unreliable. Or too dishonest to be trusted.

The quote is from page 180 of The Mayor Of Castro Street by Randy Shilts, respected gay journalist known for a habit of honesty & friend of Harvey Milk. In the context of sexuality, Shilts said of Harvey Milk the he had “a penchant for young waifs with substance abuse problems”

Drug addled boys & young men are legally incapable of consent. So Milk was documented by his notoriously honest friend & journalist to be a statutory rapist. His sexuality is why he has statues at City Hall SF.

The quote is from page 180 of The Mayor Of Castro Street by Randy Shilts, respected gay journalist known for a habit of honesty & friend of Harvey Milk. In the context of sexuality, Shilts said of Harvey Milk the he had “a penchant for young waifs with substance abuse problems”

Drug addled boys & young men are legally incapable of consent. So Milk was documented by his notoriously honest friend & journalist to be a statutory rapist. His sexuality is why he has statues at City Hall SF.

So Randy Shilts never claims that Milk had any sexual relations with anyone below the age of consent. That's the part that you added.

So Randy Shilts never claims that Milk had any sexual relations with anyone below the age of consent. That's the part that you added.
People can check the biography for context to see that you're lying.

Let's see, what's worse. Owning slaves (aka human beings) or fucking someone of your own gender?

When the "someone" in question is a child, I'm going to go with . . . about the same.
That makes sense. Both objectionable.

I was gonna go with "evil", but yeah.

Both slavery and pedophilia are destroying a human being's life by objectifying them for one's own personal gain. So I'd call them equivalent.

Actually, as you know, it's a point I'm making about how the far left is demanding statues of conservative areas be removed due to "objectionable character" in the icon's spare time. Meanwhile the far left honors and maintains statues of Harvey Milk who was a statutory rapist/sodomizer of boys and young men on drugs incapable of consent... CELEBRATED FOR HIS HOLDING OFFICE BRAZENLY FLAUNTING HIS SEXUAL PENCHANT.

You know this, but dance around it.
Actually the left wants to get rid of statues of treasonous men who led troops into battle against the United States. Now you know a little something. You`re welcome.

Actually the Democrats want to get rid of all the reminders of their solid history of promoting slavery.
Hmmm which Democrats promote slavery?

Oh wait- there isn't a Democrat alive who has promoted slavery. That is like saying that Christians want to get rid of all of the reminders of their solid history of promoting slavery.

Who promoted slavery?
Mostly Conservative Christian white men who voted Democratic until they seceded from the Union.

After the secession- the only Democrats were in the Union.
More revisionist history. Republicans ended slavery and Jim Crowe. Read a book.
Would you have been a Republican in 1860 Guy? It`s more likely that you would have been riding with John Wilkes Booth if you had the guts.

And you're basing that prediction on what, precisely? The fact that he thinks you're a dumbass and treats you as such?

Actually, he did.

" … Sixteen-year-old McKinley was looking for some kind of father figure. … At 33, Milk was launching a new life, though he could hardly have imagined the unlikely direction toward which his new lover would pull him.” - Randy Shilts, The Mayor of Castro Street

What did White say after he killed Mayor Mascone?

Time for Milk, any time is the right time for Milk...

I lived in the Bay Area when that went down -- pardon the pun -- and I remember that joke at the time.

The only criteria needed to tear down a statue in this country any more is hatred. So, who can defend the statue being torn down by people who are offended by what Milk stood for?

Except of course- for the facts

Which are that no one ever accused Milk of rape, statutory or other. And that there is no evidence that Milk ever raped anyone.
And that his biography doesn't mention it either.

Remember- the only one accusing Harvey Milk of statutory rape- is you. And you never met the man, and never even read his biography.

As I have pointed out- you would never accuse a straight man of this crime without any evidence......because of course this is all about your obsessive desire to harm gay Americans- and their children.

Milk may have committed criminal acts, but he wasn't a traitor.
Just a traitor to the young men & boys on drugs that he did statutory rape on. Or don’t they count?

Take the statues down...

I suggest you go to San Francisco and show them all of your evidence that Milk raped someone.

But remember- the voices in your head are not actual evidence.

What did White say after he killed Mayor Mascone?

Time for Milk, any time is the right time for Milk...

I lived in the Bay Area when that went down -- pardon the pun -- and I remember that joke at the time.

The only criteria needed to tear down a statue in this country any more is hatred. So, who can defend the statue being torn down by people who are offended by what Milk stood for?

I fully support you going to San Francisco and trying to tear down that statue since it offends you so much.
Let us know how that turns out

Actually, he did.

" … Sixteen-year-old McKinley was looking for some kind of father figure. … At 33, Milk was launching a new life, though he could hardly have imagined the unlikely direction toward which his new lover would pull him.” - Randy Shilts, The Mayor of Castro Street

Actually he didn't. You infer that by 'lover' that means sex. But the word 'lover' has more meanings than that
Definition of lover
(Entry 1 of 2)

1a: a person in loveespecially : a man in love with a woman

blovers plural : two persons in love with each other

2: an affectionate or benevolent friend

3: DEVOTEEa lover of mystery novelsa lover of nature

4a: PARAMOURHer husband found a love letter from her lover.

b: a person with whom one has sexual relationsHe was her first lover.

But you haven't read the book- have you? I have.
Shilts never says that the two ever had sex- underage or not.

More specifically- McKinley never accused Milk of statutory rape, Milk never said he had sex with an under aged minor- and all you have left to base your accusations on are, is the use of a word with multiple meanings by a biography who himself is dead.

I look forward of course to the many threads devoted to attacking Elvis for his relationship with Priscilla

Here is what Priscilla described of when she was 16 with Elvis

She says she slept with the singer every night, but again, Elvis did not consummate their relationship.

''Instead . . . he began teaching me other means of pleasing him. We had a strong connection, much of it sexual. The two of us created some exciting and wild times,'' she writes.

Looking forward to seeing your demands that Graceland be torn down......

Remember- he is a monster only in your perverted mind.

See i have read the book- and you haven't.

That quote- 'penchant for young waifs with substance abuse problems'- was a quote from a friend describing how Milk tended to fall for young men- and again if you had read the book you would know that this specific reference was for a man in his late 20's- who turned out to have drug problems- either before or afterwards.

After your cherry picking of quotes from the book, I went and read the book-and found out everything you left out.

Remember- this is not about Milk- this is about your obsessive hatred of gay Americans- and their children.

People can check the biography for context to see that you're lying.

I have checked the biography for context.

And you are lying.

All this tearing down of statues is imply the thin edge of the Militant Muslim caprice of The Democrat Party showing itself. Once all the statues are gone then it'll be portraits and then photos. Can't have any images of any thing living or that once might have been alive. Basic Islamic law.

All the statue except the statutory rapist Harvey Milk. The left feels his personal life wasn’t offensive to anyone but just a bevy of ruined young men & boys. But who cares about minors’ & drug addicts’ sensitivities, right?

Forum List

Back