Should someone have shoot these cops?

If you pulled your weapon you would be dead. An intelligent witness would call 911, report what was happending and then say to the officers, "I've called 911, you have help coming". I'd then explain to investigators what I saw.

If I pulled my weapon they would be dead also, I've been trained just like they have. But calling 9-11 and giving information to the investigators doesn't quit bring back to life the man who was killed, now does it?

Horse shit. You pull your weapon on a couple of cops and chances are you are another statistic and they will have every right in the eyes of the law to take you out. Doesn't matter what they were doing. I'm good but I would not draw on a couple of cops.

I have rec ieved the same training they have, and I am a dead shot center mass at 50 yards.

[Yet that doesn't do him any good does it?

I get the impression you haven't studied this case very thoroughly, nor have you watched the available videos. There were between 6-7 police officers involved, and a crowd of more than 50 surrounding the area. Even if you were a Dirty Harry clone and could manage to murder 7 cops without taking out some of the on lookers, who were so close in some instances that an officer was pushing them back with his baton while his colleagues continued to beat the snot out of Thomas, Thomas would still be dead and you'd be on death row for the murder of police officers.

In a chaotic situation like this, with multiple officers and dozens upon dozens of civilians, pulling a weapon would have likely resulted in more than one civilian death... and certainly the death of the utter moron who thought having a shoot-out at the OK corral in the middle of a mob scene was a great idea.

Read up. Watch tapes. Educate yourself. Then rethink your foolish position.

I get the impression you haven't studied this case very thoroughly, nor have you watched the available videos. There were between 6-7 police officers involved, and a crowd of more than 50 surrounding the area. Even if you were a Dirty Harry clone and could manage to murder 7 cops without taking out some of the on lookers, who were so close in some instances that an officer was pushing them back with his baton while his colleagues continued to beat the snot out of Thomas, Thomas would still be dead and you'd be on death row for the murder of police officers.

In a chaotic situation like this, with multiple officers and dozens upon dozens of civilians, pulling a weapon would have likely resulted in more than one civilian death... and certainly the death of the utter moron who thought having a shoot-out at the OK corral in the middle of a mob scene was a great idea.

I don't have to watch the video you seemed pissed earlier, suing the department doesn't bring back a dead person I would do what I could even the the extent of losing my own life.

If there were 6 or 7 cops there why didn't they stop it?

if u believe there is justice in America u are delusional, if u think u can protect another citizen against the police u are even more so. i can sight numerous cases to make both points just ask. Why is a homeless mans life worth just 15 yrs, this is an outrage, if someone killed a cop on duty they would probably get life or death. A cop who commits murder while on duty should face the same, A prime example of a sick system in which we live. SFC, calling 911 would have been the right thing to do, but confronting these officers before other authorities arrived, might have been signing ur death warrant. If they were willing to beat a homeless, mentally, and purely defenseless person to death. I think they would have been willing to kill u to cover it up. They seem to do this so well. It is amazing that not one but 2 policemen were involved. They both should face execution, just as a person involved in a crime in which a murder is committed. There is never any justice when the police, rich and powerful are the ones responsible. The victim is usually crucified to lesson or completely get away with the crime. And the damage done usually far greater.

Last edited:
if u believe their is justice in America u are delusional, if u think u can protect another citizen against the police u are even more so. i can sight numerous cases to make both points just ask

Why do people think cops are gods? they aren't they bleed and are human. I am on equal ground with them. I'm not just some run of the mill civillian. I have recieved the same training they have.

I don't have to watch the video you seemed pissed earlier, suing the department doesn't bring back a dead person I would do what I could even the the extent of losing my own life.

I seemed "pissed earlier"? I presume you mean my first post, with pics of the poor victim. Of course I'm pissed. It was cold-blooded murder.

Why didn't any of the 6-7 cops on scene stop it? I'm sure that's exactly what they will be asked on the stand. They are still on administrative leave, but from what I saw on the videos they were ALL guilty of manslaughter. One cop was busy knocking cell phones out of peoples hands and confiscating video cameras. At least 4-5 were piled on the victim, according to witnesses on a bus video. I saw one, perhaps two more walk across the field of view in the brief cell video I saw... so to my count, 6-7, perhaps 8. You might find more information in the links I provided.

As for suing the department, I said nothing about it. You may be confusing my posts with someone else's. I'm sure they will be sued, but right now I'm more concerned that all the police officers involved in this murder be tried and convicted of the crime.

Again I point out that as noble as you sound, willing to sacrifice your own life, you would have also sacrificed the lives of all the civilians who would have been caught in the crossfire.

At this point, if you continue to insist that shooting into a crowd of 50 or more civilians trying to take out 7 cops would be a good idea, then you are clearly a moron and this conversation is destined to go nowhere.

if u believe their is justice in America u are delusional, if u think u can protect another citizen against the police u are even more so. i can sight numerous cases to make both points just ask

Why do people think cops are gods? they aren't they bleed and are human. I am on equal ground with them. I'm not just some run of the mill civillian. I have recieved the same training they have.

The beating video brought to you by you tube these people are sickening. You can hear Kelly screaming in the back ground.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8JyhumbTLc]Police Beating of Kelly Thomas in Fullerton, CA.mp4 - YouTube[/ame]
Cops have to much power because most stand and watch and because most fear them.

I seemed "pissed earlier"? I presume you mean my first post, with pics of the poor victim. Of course I'm pissed. It was cold-blooded murder.

Why didn't any of the 6-7 cops on scene stop it? I'm sure that's exactly what they will be asked on the stand. They are still on administrative leave, but from what I saw on the videos they were ALL guilty of manslaughter. One cop was busy knocking cell phones out of peoples hands and confiscating video cameras. At least 4-5 were piled on the victim, according to witnesses on a bus video. I saw one, perhaps two more walk across the field of view in the brief cell video I saw... so to my count, 6-7, perhaps 8. You might find more information in the links I provided.

As for suing the department, I said nothing about it. You may be confusing my posts with someone else's. I'm sure they will be sued, but right now I'm more concerned that all the police officers involved in this murder be tried and convicted of the crime.

Again I point out that as noble as you sound, willing to sacrifice your own life, you would have also sacrificed the lives of all the civilians who would have been caught in the crossfire.

At this point, if you continue to insist that shooting into a crowd of 50 or more civilians trying to take out 7 cops would be a good idea, then you are clearly a moron and this conversation is destined to go nowhere.

Why do you give cops so much power when they are in the wrong?

I would announce that I have a gun and and a cell phone, and I'm about to use one so any way you look at it, you better back the fuck down.

Not to get racial here, but I am a black man. I will not announce anything about a gun to two nutty cops who are already in the beat down mode.

You let them know you are looking at this, let them see you on the phone and let them know it is being recorded. Other than that, just wait for the back up to arrive and even then, they will initally be on the two nutty cops side. They always are.

To say you (not you) are going to shoot and kill these two cops...its just diotic and iwll get you killed.

Last edited:

WTF? That has absolutely nothing to do with anything that I've said. You've got issues, dude.

WTF? That has absolutely nothing to do with anything that I've said. You've got issues, dude.
My comment is dealing with two of your replies together

I ask again

They have the Force of Law on their side until proven otherwise by the chain of command.
I don't care if you were a retired Navy Seal.

I also believe that a citizenry that does not have the right to bear arms are nothing more than a group of slaves to that system.

Is there a typo in the thread title...should it have read "should someone have shooted these cops?"?

I also believe that a citizenry that does not have the right to bear arms are nothing more than a group of slaves to that system.

The Right to Self Defense is not in Question here. You do what you can, with what you have available, and know when to stop.

Forum List

Back