Should Selective-Sex Abortions Be Allowed?

Should Selective-Sex Abortions Be Banned in the U.S.?

• Yes, Selective-Sex Abortions Should Be Banned

Votes: 7 63.6%
  • No, Selective-Sex Abortions Should Not Be Banned

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Maybe, Selective-Sex Abortions Should be Banned Under Certain Circumstances

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

garyganu

May 4, 2012
Planned Parenthood counselors were caught telling clients how to abort their fetus if it is determined to be a girl. The women were given referrals for ultrasound exams to determine the gender of the fetus. Since gender can not be determined until the 20th week of pregnancy, a second trimester abortion will be scheduled if the fetus turns out to be female.

Selective-sex abortions are currently outlawed in only a handful of states. Today the Congress is proposing legislation to outlaw selective sex abortions nationwide.

Do you think that women have the right to choose the gender of their children through selective-sex abortions?

Here is the undercover video and story: http://www.theblaze.com/stories/gen...nthoods-complicity-in-sex-selection-abortion/

Last edited:
I don't support sex-selective abortion, but this whole proposal is a ruse to crack down on abortion in the name of fighting sex-selective abortion.

I don't support sex-selective abortion, but this whole proposal is a ruse to crack down on abortion in the name of fighting sex-selective abortion.

How would they use this proposal to crack down on abortion?

By raiding abortion clinics looking for "evidence", for starters.

Wouldn't they need a search warrant and "probable cause" before conducting a raid? What kind of evidence would they be looking for?

Wouldn't they need a search warrant and "probable cause" before conducting a raid? What kind of evidence would they be looking for?

They would be looking for evidence that the clinic had performed a sex-selective abortion. It doesn't take much to trigger probable cause.

They would be looking for evidence that the clinic had performed a sex-selective abortion. It doesn't take much to trigger probable cause.

I just don't understand what would constitute evidence. Selective-sex abortion would be very hard to prove because the law would be based on intent and not action.

I had seen the article about the one Planned Parenthood counselor advocating selective sex abortions. I didn't know it was common.

Or is this another one like the "most universities have Sex Week"?

Also, if they could tell that a child would be born gay, would conservatives then allow abortions?

I had seen the article about the one Planned Parenthood counselor advocating selective sex abortions. I didn't know it was common.

Or is this another one like the "most universities have Sex Week"?

Also, if they could tell that a child would be born gay, would conservatives then allow abortions?

I don't think that it is common in the U.S. but there is no way of telling. How could you possibly know why a woman aborted her fetus unless she told you.

Selective-sex abortion is very common in China. A s a result there are about 100 million more men than women in China. Talk about a war on women.

If they could tell that a child would be born gay, would the gay activists be pro-life?

Last edited:
If abortion is legal then the reason for getting one does not matter.

It could become a big social problem if more girls are aborted than boys. There will be many men who can't find wives. This is happening now in China. However, there is no evidence to prove that this is a trend in the U.S.

Last edited:

It could become a big social problem if more girls are aborted than men. There will be many men who can't find wives. This is happening now in China. However, there is no evidence to prove that this is a trend in the U.S.

So what? Since when do the reproductive decisions of a pregnant woman have to take into consideration the potential marriage prospects of another?

It could become a big social problem if more girls are aborted than men. There will be many men who can't find wives. This is happening now in China. However, there is no evidence to prove that this is a trend in the U.S.

So what? Since when do the reproductive decisions of a pregnant woman have to take into consideration the potential marriage prospects of another?

Obviously there will be societal problems if there is a much larger percentage of men than women. This is the case in China. It leads to suicides, increased prostitution and generally a lower "quality of life" for hundreds of millions of men.

Obviously there will be societal problems if there is a much larger percentage of men than women. This is the case in China. It leads to suicides, increased prostitution and generally a lower "quality of life" for hundreds of millions of men.

So the government should require that so many girls are born each year?

What will undoubtedly happen is that baby girls will eventually be deemed more valuable than baby boys and the pendulum will swing back.

And btw you are forgetting that China also has a limit on how many children a person can have. I think that is more the problem than selective abortion.

What will undoubtedly happen is that baby girls will eventually be deemed more valuable than baby boys and the pendulum will swing back.

And btw you are forgetting that China also has a limit on how many children a person can have. I think that is more the problem than selective abortion.

The government should NOT require that so many girls are born each year. Only liberals believe that the government should try to achieve equal outcomes (ie. affirmative action, try to reduce income inequality, equal pay, Community Reinvestment Act, etc)

Conservatives believe in equal opportunity, not equal outcome.

Yes China has horrific forced abortion and forced sterilization policies.

Last edited:
Topics like this remind me of my wish that there was a fag gene to be found... so that we could selectively abort the shit out of fetal fags. But, unfortunately, the propaganda is a lie, no one is born a fag.

The government should NOT require that so many girls are born each year. Only liberals believe that the government should try to achieve equal outcomes (ie. affirmative action, try to reduce income inequality, equal pay, Community Reinvestment Act, etc)

Conservatives believe in equal opportunity, not equal outcome.

Yes China has horrific forced abortion and forced sterilization policies.

You do realize that you are contradicting yourself don't you?

You say government shouldn't allow selective sex abortions because of social ramifications and then you say the government shouldn't tell anyone how many kids or what sex kids they should have.

Topics like this remind me of my wish that there was a fag gene to be found... so that we could selectively abort the shit out of fetal fags. But, unfortunately, the propaganda is a lie, no one is born a fag.

So what?

What do you care if a person you don't know chooses to be in a homosexual relationship?

Whether people are born gay or not is not the issue. The issue is why do people like you think they have the right to tell anyone else how the should or should not live.

I heard somewhere that the reason for this is China wants this because more men will end up in the military. If they have no women to worry about...they can put all their attention into their jobs.

It could become a big social problem if more girls are aborted than boys. There will be many men who can't find wives. This is happening now in China. However, there is no evidence to prove that this is a trend in the U.S.

Right, but there is no real reason to believe that's happening here. It's a smokescreen.

Forum List

Back