Should Republicans, like Huckabee be using God as a political "tool"?

R

rdean

As a former presidential candidate, Mike Huckabee speaks for a lot of Republicans.

Is using "God" to distract people from talking about gun control and mental health without consequence? Do Republicans have zero problem using God as a political "weapon"?

We know Republicans have used God to explain hurricanes and other disasters, but is God behind the brutal murders of all those little children? Seems to be what Mike Huckabee is saying.

Will Republicans pay for using God in this manner?

I find it more despicable he is using the slaughter in CT to attempt to propagate his agenda within the public school system.

As a former presidential candidate, Mike Huckabee speaks for a lot of Republicans.

Is using "God" to distract people from talking about gun control and mental health without consequence? Do Republicans have zero problem using God as a political "weapon"?

We know Republicans have used God to explain hurricanes and other disasters, but is God behind the brutal murders of all those little children? Seems to be what Mike Huckabee is saying.

Will Republicans pay for using God in this manner?

Dunno, but if the book of Judges is any indication, they might.

It seems that the nation of Israel had gotten a bit corrupted at the top, and instead of keeping their sights on what God told them to do, they decided that they didn't need all that ritual and they could use the Ark of the Covenant not so much as a place where God existed on earth, but rather took it's status from being the Seat of God to being nothing more than a relic to be brought out in times of war.

God turned His back on His Chosen People because of it.

Besides.................doesn't it say something in the 10 Commandments about having respect for God?

Using Him as a scare tactic to get people to think your way (i.e. Huckabee) seems to be kinda disrespectful.

I dont care for Huckabee, but maybe you should actually look what he said and try to understand why he might think that those whining about where was God are hypocrites when they are the ones who have been fighting tooth and nail for Him to be out of our lives.

:beer: To the shrinking audience of folks who're genuinely concerned with my damnation!

And may (insert your preferred Deity here) bless you with all His/Her imaginary power! :thup:

Huckabee knows his audience does not want seperation of the Church and the State.

As long as it's their church in the State.

Then you don't know Huckabee or his audience well.

What really pisses me off about this is you guys are making me defend Huckabee. Im not exactly a big fan of his.

:beer: To the shrinking audience of folks who're genuinely concerned with my damnation!

And may (insert your preferred Deity here) bless you with all His/Her imaginary power! :thup:

Joe, i dont think you'll be damned in the end. I don't care if i have to go into hell to drag you out.

I appreciate that, Brother! I don't think I'm going to Hell when I die either, and I'm a lucky enough Monkey in this life to be genuinely looking forward to Monkey Heaven, whatever that turns out to be.

I appreciate that, Brother! I don't think I'm going to Hell when I die either, and I'm a lucky enough Monkey in this life to be genuinely looking forward to Monkey Heaven, whatever that turns out to be.

Me? I'm hoping to be put in Fiddler's Green.

Sailors

One sailor's tale published in 1832 speaks of Fiddler's Green as being "nine miles beyond the dwelling of his Satanic majesty".[1] In maritime folklore it is a kind of afterlife for sailors who have served at least 50 years at sea,[2][3] where there is rum and tobacco.[4]

Fiddler's Green - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And, if you do end up in Hell, Fiddler's Green is only 9 miles away, so I'll come bail you out and we'll have some rum afterwards (I hear there's marijuana there too).

Huckabee knows his audience does not want seperation of the Church and the State.

As long as it's their church in the State.

It would help you if you actually knew what it meant before saying something that stupid..............
We don't have a problem with this....as it means that the states will NOT designate a certain religion be followed. The state will not tell us we MUST be Catholic, or must be protestant, or must be muslim, or must be buddist. It has NOTHING to do with keeping religion out. All people can worship and follow whatever religion they want and the state can't change that.

Forum List

Back